Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions (2728 Views)

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / What Is Buddhism And How Can It Help Your Life? / Where In Nigeria Can One Find Yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, New Age, And Such. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by cyrexx: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wht message did u pass across nw. U did nt communicate
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by tchaik(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
@cyrex, I find it difficult to ascribe the term 'Religion' to Buddhism! It looks more of a path to self discovery and awareness than a 'religion' properly so called!

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by cyrexx: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Climaths: Wht message did u pass across nw. U did nt communicate

the message is that Buddhism is not a dogmatic belief system like Abrahamic religions. it is willing to accomodate modern scientific discoveries.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by cyrexx: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
tchaik: @cyrex, I find it difficult to ascribe the term 'Religion' to Buddhism! It looks more of a path to self discovery and awareness than a 'religion' properly so called!

noted, thanks
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
cyrexx:

the message is that Buddhism is not a dogmatic belief system like Abrahamic religions. it is willing to accomodate modern scientific discoveries.

Correct! The future generations will carry out more research and correct our today's ideas. Unlike some books written 2000 years ago that christians and muslims are refusing to let go.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by MacDaddy01: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Yeah

Some forms of Buddhism are actually sensible. Some take spirituality as people trying to find the truth or the path. This is why some buddhists chose not to argue with science. Unlike some foolish christians here angry

The one that pained me was when one foolish christian claimed that Buddhism is Asian witchcraft angry slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
An the believe in a sky god is not witchcraft? angry
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by MacDaddy01: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness: An the believe in a sky god is not witchcraft? angry

I wonder ooo.

They have the nerve to call another religion witchcraft
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by ooman(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Bill Gate is a Buddhist, I am a Buddhist, we are all Buddhists unconsciously.
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by MacDaddy01: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
ooman: Bill Gate is a Buddhist, I am a Buddhist, we are all Buddhists unconsciously.

You must be high on some atheium (atheist opium)
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by ooman(m): 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

You must be high on some atheium (atheist opium)

why?
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by MacDaddy01: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
ooman:

why?

I am not a buddhist and neither is Bill Gates

Buddhism doesnt always make sense. We should not hype it too much. While it is one of the few senseible and pro science religion, there are many sects of it that have mind-numbing foolish practices
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by 1oracle(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Too bad that the thread is different from the name.
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
Buddhism is a direct product of the Pagan Hindu school of thought. Infact almost all Asians practice Trad. religion alongside Buddhism, or incorporate Pagan Gods into Buddhism. even among Indian Hindus, it is not uncommon to see a statue of Buddha alongside the Gods, as a spiritual Guru.

only newly converted oyinbo Buddhists do not subscribe to the pure Pagan version.
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I am not a buddhist and neither is Bill Gates

Buddhism doesnt always make sense. We should not hype it too much. While it is one of the few senseible and pro science religion, there are many sects of it that have mind-numbing foolish practices

explain yoursef o smart and intelligent and all-knowing one.
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by MacDaddy01: 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

explain yoursef o smart and intelligent and all-knowing one.

lets not open this can of worms abeg. Lets focus on what we agree on
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by ghostofsparta(m): 1:21am On Feb 23, 2013
cyrexx:

@Bolded: Do you think the same for the metaphysic that I term YAS(Yoruba Advanced Sciences) denigrated as Juju and Traditional Tribal Paganism of West-Africa?
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by Dipwater(m): 4:07am On Feb 23, 2013
MacDaddy01: Yeah

Some forms of Buddhism are actually sensible. Some take spirituality as people trying to find the truth or the path. This is why some buddhists chose not to argue with science. Unlike some foolish christians here angry

The one that pained me was when one foolish christian claimed that Buddhism is Asian witchcraft angry slowpoke!

Don't mind the slowpokes. Budhism is far.b Eta than xtianity and islam. I can go to their temple if invited .cuz I luv people with open mind .things shuldnt be do this or u wrath in hell. Why threathning people u claim to luv and died For. Seriously I think xtianity and islam shuld be abolished. Their gods are notorious criminals busy killing and causing problems here and there

Wuld luv to meet a budhist .pls any budhist in the haus,let's discuss.I want to know about. Ur religion rather way of live
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:45am On Feb 23, 2013
ghostofsparta:

@Bolded: Do you think the same for the metaphysic that I term YAS(Yoruba Advanced Sciences) denigrated as Juju and Traditional Tribal Paganism of West-Africa?

everything modern is not good. there must be a balance. so it is time we cut the only modern cr.ap.

YAS is JUJU is TRADITIONAL TRIBAL YORUBA PAGANISM.

THE MORE WE TRY TO PUT DOWN THESE TERMS, THE MORE THE XTIANS AND MUSLIMS GET A CHANCE TO DESTABILIZE OUR RELIGIONS.
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by ghostofsparta(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

everything modern is not good. there must be a balance. so it is time we cut the only modern cr.ap.

YAS is JUJU is TRADITIONAL TRIBAL YORUBA PAGANISM.

THE MORE WE TRY TO PUT DOWN THESE TERMS, THE MORE THE XTIANS AND MUSLIMS GET A CHANCE TO DESTABILIZE OUR RELIGIONS.

YAS is not Juju which is still different from TRADITIONAL TRIBAL YORUBA PAGANISM
<RAPS< watch out
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
ghostofsparta:

YAS is not Juju which is still different from TRADITIONAL TRIBAL YORUBA PAGANISM
<RAPS< watch out

If you are talking about Ifa, then it is derived and used in Yoruba Religion. so it is a part of our religion.

or else if its not Ifa, explain me what is YAS ?
Re: Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions by ghostofsparta(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

If you are talking about Ifa, then it is derived and used in Yoruba Religion. so it is a part of our religion.

or else if its not Ifa, explain me what is YAS ?

like I said:
<RAPS< watch out
it's gonna be BIG

(1) (Reply)

Got Married At Age 36 As A Virgin. Thank You Jesus! / Fraudstar On Face Book Impersonating Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka / Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.