Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

My Pepper Farming Diary. Need Your Advice. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pepper Farming Diary. Need Your Advice. (166 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Pepper Farming Diary. Need Your Advice. by AmbFmk: 12:32pm On Mar 21
After careful reading and studying of pepper and tomatoes farmers write up here on nairaland, I decided to give it a try by turning my 2 plots of land to good use.

Here's my encounter. The seeds I bought seemed to be mixed with vegetable (efo Tete), and they are obstructing the growth of the peppers and tomatoes. But as I tried to uproot the veges, it is affecting the pepper seedlings as well. What do you suggest I do, should I leave them to grow up together until I transplant the peppers, or what should I do?

2. I noticed this green grasshoppers, and they are increasing on daily basis. How do I go about this.

3. The seedlings are still very tender and about 1inch or less in size. Should I expose them to sunlight at this stage?

4. What other healthy practices should I employ.

Thanks

Re: My Pepper Farming Diary. Need Your Advice. by IamAsiri: 3:21pm On Mar 21
This is those hoppers' season, and they are pretty destructive. Don't know which pesticide can work for you as I am not an expert on that but you should probably try neem oil solution, or try to cover with mosquito net.

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Farming Diary. Need Your Advice. by Mrdellychy: 3:27pm On Mar 22

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Things I Noticed About Soursop Leaves Water After Taking Them / Price Of Cassava And Maize / Doussie, Mussivi, Kosso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.