Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover (14359 Views)

UK Father & Son Jailed For Killing Wife's Lover Who Was Hiding Inside Wardrobe / Ekiti Man Drugs His Girlfriend, Films Her Being Raped By Friends, Uploads Video / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by NaijaCover(m): 5:41am On Mar 22
An Ekiti State High Court, Ado Ekiti Division, has sentenced a 28-year-old man, Ayodeji Alomoge, to death by hanging for killing a man having affairs with his wife.

Alomoge, who was tried on a count charge bordering on murder, according to the charge, had “on 21st of June, 2022 at Ikere Ekiti murdered one Ogunleye Ayomide, contrary to Section 234 of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State, 2021.”

Father of the deceased, Ige Ogunleye, in his statement to the police, said that he got a call that his son (the deceased) “has been beaten to pulp by Alomoge and his gang, I rushed down to the place, I met my son in the pool of his own blood with various degrees of injury on the head and mouth.

“I also met Alomoge being held by some people. I asked him the reason for his action, and he said Ayomide had been having affairs with my wife, and he had warned him to desist or else he would kill him.

“I took him (Ayomide) to a nearby hospital and later to the University Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State, where he later died.”

The prosecutor, Kunle-Shina Adeyemo, called five witnesses and tendered the defendant’s statements, pictures of the deceased, and a medical report of the cause of death as exhibits.

The defendant spoke in his defence through his lawyer, Adeyinka Opaleke, who pleaded to the court to temper justice with mercy. He called no witnesses.

In the court judgment on Thursday, Justice Jubril Aladejana said, “It would appear to me that rivalry between men over the affection of a woman should not be a ground to justify provocation, except the situation is such that it is sudden and leading to a heating of passion.

“I consequently find the defendant guilty of the murder charge against him and therefore convicted as charged.”

The court pronounced that “Ayodeji Alomoge shall be hanged by his neck until he be dead.”
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ekiti-man-to-die-by-hanging-for-killing-wifes-lover/%3famp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by NaijaCover(m): 5:42am On Mar 22
Only Almighty God Will Protect Us From EVIL

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:53am On Mar 22
Na mumu men wey don too invest trust in their wives dey commit murder upon catching their wives in the act.

I will never do this. Infact I will take my leave and let them finish up afterwhich everything ends there.
Now he is going die and the woman will likely continue to collect other dicccks

Men should man up and be men.

113 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by vibbb: 5:54am On Mar 22
Provocation - In the current state of the Country. Now he has learned in a very hard way.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by crossfm: 5:54am On Mar 22
Just imagine.

The mugu has lost his supposed wife and life too.

Even before he is hanged,the adutreriou wife is already banging another man.

Why not learn how to move on.
Divorce her,and move on with your life. There are many fishes in the sea.

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by illicit(m): 5:54am On Mar 22
🥵
Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Iceiscold: 5:56am On Mar 22
Kill by the sword die by the sword

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Authoreety: 5:58am On Mar 22
Na wa o
Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by apesinola001: 5:59am On Mar 22
ALMIGHTY GOD will continue to protect us from evil

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Willed042(m): 6:01am On Mar 22
apesinola001:
ALMIGHTY GOD will continue to protect us from evil
Now they will have the leeway to engage the act non stop and without fear. Fear women

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Lithiumite: 6:01am On Mar 22
That's why men should never allow women matters stay too long in their heads....if she is cheating,why not walk away....their are a thousand and one more other ladies out there that needs you.

She has even helped your situation by ending your burden on her,she wouldn't be your responsibility anymore .....some men are just way too foolish.

The reason he was jailed was that the murder was premeditated.....if he had been patient enough to plan a way to catch them in the act and he then strikes the man or both to death immediately he catches them,he has a 99% chance of walking away free.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by oluwaseyi0: 6:01am On Mar 22
You see

Put your emotions in check

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by caesymore(m): 6:03am On Mar 22
Boom Dig_It!!!

Pussy wahala, If pussy no dey control you, you no know wetin God done do for you.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Satazaa: 6:07am On Mar 22
Sadly enough the woman that the two of them has died and will die over may probably be making love with another man as at the time the death penalty was being pronounced, he apparently received the death penalty because he planned and premeditated the murder, if he caught them live then a good lawyer would have gotten a way more lighter sentence for him, in my university days two rival cult groups fought over a girl and three lives were lost and several others severely maimed, then some years down the line i walked into a banking hall at ibadan only to discover that the same lady that was fought over was a head of operations at the defunct oceanic bank and was married to another man with kids, for me there is nothing as senseless as fighting over a woman

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by ojonwamama: 6:11am On Mar 22
I have seen videos where people are seen beating a man for sleeping with someones wife. It is a bad approach.

it is better to leave the woman to have your sanity.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by RisenObinna: 6:15am On Mar 22
Why death sentence? did the judge consider what led to the act or does the judge has personal beef with the murderer?

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by boldsleek: 6:16am On Mar 22
cry.

Two lives wasted over a woman's affection.

This is a warning to those "if I don't have him/her, nobody else will". You will just die throw way.

Nigerian men says they are the "prize", but, everyday you hear news online that makes you keep wondering why is the so called "PRIZE" moving mad bikonu?

Anyways...,
Alpamale-0
Feminist-1

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Fryx: 6:19am On Mar 22
Instead of facing your woman.

These people obviously don’t know what a woman can do to have her way. They will keep a woman that did not want them under their roof and still be fighting for such a woman. No wonder they die young.

Why won’t she even cheat, knowing her shameless husband will die for public pussy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by maasoap(m): 6:20am On Mar 22
Lithiumite:
That's why men should never allow women matters stay too long in their heads....if she is cheating,why not walk away....their are a thousand and one more other ladies out there that needs you.

She has even helped your situation by ending your burden on her,she wouldn't be your responsibility anymore .....some men are just way too foolish.

The reason he was (sentenced to death) jailed was that the murder was premeditated.....if he had been patient enough to plan a way to catch them in the act and he then strikes the man or both to death immediately he catches them,he has a 99% chance of walking away free.

Oil dey your head. Even the judge codedly said that it could have been a passion killing but it wasn't when he said, " except the situation is such that it is sudden and leading to a heating of passion. ". He would have gotten away if he had caught them in the act and did it alone.

RisenObinna:
Why death sentence? did the judge consider what led to the act or does the judge has personal beef with the murderer?

It was premeditated. He had been issuing threats before. And he equally murdered the man with the help of his friends. There was no even evidence of his claim. No judge would rule otherwise

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by MrDoGood(m): 6:28am On Mar 22
Use your full brain when dealing with some women. Especially when it comes to the case of cheating

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Chukwuka319(m): 6:28am On Mar 22
This foolish man has ende his life tragically all because of an adulterous wife.
Instead of killing the wife's lover,he should have divorced her and moved on with his life, but not before disgracing her before her family members.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by BigBashiru: 6:31am On Mar 22
NOETHNICITY:
Na mumu men wey don too invest trust in their wives dey commit murder upon catching their wives in the act.

I will never do this. Infact I will take my leave and let them finish up afterwhich everything ends there.
Now he is going die and the woman will likely continue to collect other dicccks

Men should man up and be men.

Go into marriage with the mindset that the wife may cheat. And if you catch her simply go get ir own girlfriend. Why all the anger

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by BigBashiru: 6:31am On Mar 22
Chukwuka319:
This foolish man has ende his life tragically all because of an adulterous wife.
Instead of killing the wife's lover,he should have divorced her and moved on with his life, but not before disgracing her before her family members.

Ni he should hv gotten multiple girlfriends and retain the wife.

Let everyone enjoy themselves

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Kobicove(m): 6:32am On Mar 22
See how this idiot just threw away his life because of woman undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Fiscus105(m): 6:32am On Mar 22
Maybe wen the two rivars die, the body would have peace for sometime, before she starts bussybody" again by another set of rivars.
Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Idaytesj29(m): 6:34am On Mar 22
Lithiumite:

The reason he was jailed was that the murder was premeditated.....if he had been patient enough to plan a way to catch them in the act and he then strikes the man or both to death immediately he catches them,he has a 99% chance of walking away free.

He wouldn't walk away free kan kan, he will only be charged with man slaughter, which will attract a lighter sentence.

And a possibility of amnesty or state pardon after serving good no of years.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by Kobicove(m): 6:34am On Mar 22
RisenObinna:

The sentence is justified.

He had no right to take another person's life angry

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by NapoleonHill: 6:34am On Mar 22
Lithiumite:

Provocation does not mean you will walk away freely, you may not just be put to death.

Even manslaughter, which killing someone by mistake, will not get you to walk freely. You may only bargain reduced sentence.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover by dangotesmummy: 6:34am On Mar 22
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen / Lust-induced Suicide / Kidnapper Of Lagos School Girls Begs For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.