Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen (14364 Views)

Drug Suspect In U.S Jumps Into Ocean To Evade Police, Swims Near Huge Shark / Joy Odama: Alhaji Usman Adamu, The Prime Suspect In Her Death Appears / Photos Of The Lady Suspect In The Murder Of The Jumia Delivery Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by dre11(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2015
Afeez Hanafi

The whereabouts of a 26-year-old youth, Waidi Kabiru, had been a mystery since Sunday, November 23, after he was reportedly whisked away from the custody of the Igbogbo Police Station, Lagos State, by a three-man gang.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the three gang members, who put on masks, had sneaked into the station around 1am on Sunday and bundled him out of the cell to an unknown place.

It was learnt that Waidi, a musician, was arrested by a team of policemen who raided Shelewu Road, in the Ikorodu area of the state on Friday, November 21.

The state police command confirmed Waidi’s arrest, but said he had been released on bail. The command, however, did not disclose the surety to whom the youth was released.

Waidi’s father, Mr. Bisiriyu Kabiru, said he had been visiting his son since Friday when he was arrested, adding that he had gone to the station to give him food on Sunday only to be told that he was no longer inside the cell.

He said, “He called me on the phone around 9am on Friday that he was arrested during a raid and I went to the station to see him. One of the policemen I met asked me how much I had to bail him out and I said N4,000. But he told me it wasn’t enough and I left. I later came back with N5,000, but I was told that the DPO had taken over the case.

“On Saturday, I brought food for him (Waidi) at the station and was there till the evening, trying to secure his bail. When I got there on Sunday to give him food, the policemen at the counter said he had gone out with the DPO. But I was not allowed to see the DPO. I later learnt that he was whisked out of the cell early Sunday morning by three men who were masked. It was on Monday that I decided to inform his mother.”

Waidi’s mother, Karimat Adebanbi, said she went to the station on Monday and was shown a register containing details of suspects.

According to her, the record reads that Waidi was nabbed during a raid, but had been released.

The mother said the policemen directed her to the DPO when she demanded to know the person that stood as a surety for him. She added that her efforts to meet with the DPO were frustrated by his men.

She said, “The policemen I met at the station called my son from the cell, but nobody answered. They checked the register and saw his name there, indicating that he had been released on bail. I asked them who stood as a surety for him, but they refused to tell me. They told me to look for him at his friends’ houses. We don’t know his whereabouts and his number is switched off.

“I went to the station again on Thursday and Saturday to see the DPO; they said he was not around. I called him several times before he picked his call. He said he was somewhere and told me to wait. I waited for hours but he did not come back.”

Our correspondent gathered that the family had also petitioned the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, through an activist, Prince Akinsemoyin, to investigate Waidi’s disappearance from the cell.

The petition also requested the CP to quiz the DPO and policemen involved in the case to unrasvel the circumstances surrounding the youth’s disappearance.

It read in part, “I wish to bring to your attention that up till now, the whereabouts of Waidi Kabiru is still unknown. We strongly suspect a foul play in this matter. The time has come to critically investigate the DPO and the role the DPO played in this case. If he has been released, to whom? On what grounds was he released to the surety and what offence was he arrested for?

“We would like the police to produce the surety or else the policemen involved in this matter need to explain his sudden disappearance from Igbogbo police’s custody. This incident is capable of bringing the image of the police to disrepute. We hereby request a full scale investigation into this matter.”

The Lagos State police spokesperson, DSP Joe Offor, said Waidi was not abducted from the cell, insisting that he had been released on bail. He, however, said he did not have the knowledge of the name of the surety.
He said, “It was not true that he was abducted. The suspect was released on bail to an identifiable person. The DPO said he had the name of the surety, but he did not disclose the name of the person to me.”

http://punchng.com/masked-gunmen-abduct-suspect-from-lagos-police-station/
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by olafum1(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
shocked
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by McCarlito(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2015
Meanwhile; just this morning, One baba I was standing behind at the ATM did this:
The ATM machine debited his account but didn't pay him; The baba suddenly grabbed my shirt and was shouting "E no pay me oooo! E no pay me oooo!! u are my witness!!!

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by menix(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigerian Police again..

Maybe they ve sold the guy to one politician who needed sacrificial lamb for rituals..

OR

He has been used to replace a notorious robber that must die...

NPF - Nefarious Police Force..

22 Likes

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by donholy28(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2015
My God! so them kidnap person from police station...how? I smell foul play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by donholy28(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2015
McCarlito:
Meanwhile; just this morning, One baba I was standing behind at the ATM did this:
The ATM machine debited his account but didn't pay him; The baba suddenly grabbed my shirt and was shouting "E no pay me oooo! E no pay me oooo!! u are my witness!!!
U no tell him to go call police for d ATM?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by DONSMITH123(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2015
grin grin
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by damton(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2015
menix:
Nigerian Police again..
Maybe they ve sold the guy to one politician who needed sacrificial lamb for rituals..
OR
He has been used to replace a notorious robber that must die...
NPF - Nefarious Police Force..

grin sacrificial lamb indeed. LMAO

So police station is now a ritual market

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by costandi(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2015
Interpreting this as kidnap means that the police is involved in this.

Shameless people!!!

If the police station is not safe, where else is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Lilimax(f): 9:47am On Dec 01, 2015
What! shocked
Kidnapping in a police station undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by guntranno(f): 9:47am On Dec 01, 2015
Kidnapped abi Freed?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by olapluto(m): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2015
3 masked policemen kidnap suspect from their own station- Fixed

7 Likes

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Lilimax(f): 9:49am On Dec 01, 2015
olapluto:
3 masked policemen kidnap suspect from their own station- Fixed
smiley
You got it. Na dem dem...
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by McBrooklyn(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2015
I Hate Guns angry
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by techmart(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Police station is not even safe....

Kidnapped or freed...
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Beehshorp(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Íf someone can be kidnapped in a police station it means no other place is save ooo.. Chai!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by TechRev: 9:50am On Dec 01, 2015
The ZzzzzZZZZZOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2015
cool cool cool we dey go after them!

9 Likes

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Deckynyansha(f): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2015
kidnapping someone from police station...End time things
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Hefemale: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2015
This is serious
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by malenko01(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2015
this is serious shocked
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Onegai(f): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2015
What kind of illegal nonsense this? The police says he was not taken by masked men, alright show the record of who bailed him out, they cannot produce it.

Abeg all the police officers in that station need to be investigated and arrested.

Why is Nigeria so. lawless??

4 Likes

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Why is the NPF always in the news for very wrong reasons? angry Our friend indeed!

[b]Meanwhile today is the World AIDS Day. Nigeria has recorded significant success in the fight against AIDS. Under the leadership of Prof. John Idoko, NACA has succeeded in reducing the national prevalence rate of HIV infection. The PMTCT services now ensures that HIV+ pregnant women give birth to healthy HIV- babies. More HIV+ Nigerians now have access to ART prophylaxis.

However, we still have a long way to go in winning the fight against HIV in Nigeria. Especially in this generation where unprotected casual sex, homosexuality, prostitution and other pervertive behavior have become the norm. There is a great need to intensify awareness, advocacy and social mobilization for behavioral change by preaching abstinence from pre-marital sex, staying faithful to a single uninfected partner, practising safe sex with the use of condoms and living responsibly.

To mark the World AIDS Day today, NACA, SACAs and others IPs will be conducting free HIV Counselling and Testing across FCT and other States of the Federation. Please take this opportunity or walk into an HCT unit in any hospital nearest to you at your leisure time and get tested. It is absolutely free!

I and a team of other vibrant youths will commence a project early next year which is aimed at promoting behavioral change, encourage a responsible lifestyle and kick against the discrimination of Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). Although President Goodluck Jonathan signed the "PLWHA Anti-Discrimination Bill" into law at the twilight of his administration, there is little awareness of the existence of this law. Hence, PLWHA are still being discriminated against in their workplace, in the society and even within their family. We must stop the discrimination against PLWHA. It could be anyone.

We can win this fight against AIDS, the first step is to get tested. HIV is real! Live Responsibly!![/b]

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by BCISLTD: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2015
angry

Police is ur friend. ...Sikes

Best buy ever

https://www.nairaland.com/2620472/dash-toks-2008-benz-gl450
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by kennyman2000(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Imagine..
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by marioioidp: 9:55am On Dec 01, 2015
nice
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by ril19(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigerian Police No Get Security. They Need To Be Provided Security, Say By Civil Defence. gringringrin
Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by Wimdows8080(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Wow....Why are all these happening in Lagos embarassed

Wasn't like this Before

Re: Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen by olempe(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2015
McCarlito:
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapper Of Lagos School Girls Begs For Prayers / Suicide And Sniper / The Return Of One Chance Criminals In Umuahia: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.