Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,230 members, 7,849,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Tips On Use Of Gsm In Public Places - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips On Use Of Gsm In Public Places (842 Views)

10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone / How To Recognize 2go Guys In Public Groups And Forums / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Use Of Gsm In Public Places by bolorunfem(f): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2007
Hey, I want to appeal to all GSM users to be discrete with the use of their mobile phones when they are in public places e.g buses/parks. Am sorry for the repitition if a similar thread has been posted in the past, I couldn't take time to search. Times without number I have been in the same bus with one man or another woman disclosing vital information to his/her caller on the fone.

A lady's case was as bad as disclsosing everything about a transaction as to the amount involved, her name and her means of identification (her company's ID card which name she mentioned),the date and time she would go, the other person's address, (she was just carelessly repeating the information after the caller to ensure she got it right!) not minding the other passengers who could be anybody, I mean any character.My, I was afraid for the other person's safety and I couldn't help writing and passing a small note to her for future use.

To cut short the story, let's use the following tips that are not exhaustive, I'd appreciate other members of the forum to please add theirs so we can all learn.

# If your caller is dictating his or another person's phone number to you and there are
other unknown people around you, don't repeat the numbers after, find another means of ensuring the number is correct, somebody else might make use of the number to the owner's detriment. More importantly, don't mention the name of the owner of the number dictated!!

And if your own number is required by the caller, if it can wait till you leave the public place I think its safer or if it can be sent by sms, fine.

Sensitive information involving money, address, names and stuff like that MUST NOT be mentioned carelessly on the phone when you are not alone, for obvious reasons.

Worse still, some of my people here in Naija for whatever reasons put their phone on speaker mode such that everybody hears what their caller is saying, does it feel cool doing so?

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Sonyericsson P990 / W850i Needed / Who Has A Nokia N93 Or N95 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.