Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone (34699 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by toys2seven(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2016
Our phones have become a part of our everyday lives, especially in the era of smart phones. Using one’s smart phone has spelt misfortune and even death for some people as phone usage isn’t acceptable everywhere you are. Quickly, below are 11 wrong places to use your phone(s).

1. In A Religious Gathering
Whether it’s in the church or mosque, as long as a religious service is going on, using your phone is sure to distract you and probably someone else, close to you. If your body is twitching to use your phone, simply step out, knock yourself out and step back into the service.

2. During An Interview
Ever heard of people who were sent out of an interview process because they couldn’t just switch off their phones as instructed? It may sound bizarre but if you find yourself at an interview, with the sudden urge to draw out your phone (especially against instruction) don’t do it.

3. In The Airplane
These are the “Social Media Must See This” people. Some people would even go as far as fighting the flight attendants after persistently telling (begging) them to switch off their phones. They should threaten to throw them out without a refund.

4. At The Filling Station
The sign that has a phone picture with a red line across it isn’t just for decoration. You’re posing a potential risk to your life and the lives of other people at the filling station. Just switch off the network for the short (or long) period of time.

5. On A Date
Some ladies are too fond of this one. Yes, you don’t like the guy but you’re eating the food he paid for. At least don’t insult his personality by choosing your phone over him. And guys who do it too, it’s a big sign of disrespect.

6. At The Movies
A lot of people are guilty of this one. The hall is dark. When you take a picture, you camera flashes and there’s no escaping it being a source of distraction for people close to you. If you’re no longer interested in the movie, allow them watch theirs in peace.

7. During A Meeting
Many bosses take advantage of their position to put up this “No one can question me” attitude of using their phones. It is sign of irresponsibility. Dozing in the meeting is a more tolerable bad habit than using your phone.

8. At The Saloon
Hair stylists can relate to this. You used your phone throughout the whole time and you’re complaining the style isn’t exactly what you asked for. How will it be? Is the stylist a magician? OYO is your case. Abeg fly.

9. While Driving
A lot of people have died from this particular habit, so much doesn’t need to be said on this one. If you’re still text-driving, God help your soul and good luck!

10. While Walking On The Road
Until some people bump into a pole or someone else, they won’t remember that they’re on the road. Some even go as far walking into an oncoming vehicle. Death cases have also been recorded on text-walking habit.

11. Add yours
Feel free to add yours.

Source: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2016/03/11-wrong-places-to-use-your-phone.html

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 12, 2016
So true...tho My favorite place to use my phone is in the toilet...sometyms I watch a full 2hr movie while in the toilet,My elder brother use to think I was jerking off in there sad grin grin grin wink

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by dblaisepascal(m): 11:55am On Mar 12, 2016
@ oil flowstations, and drilling sites

3 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by jericco1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
pesin go get fone, restrictions go dey to use am. Imagine 10. Nwa nne nor b here o

1 Like

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by lakesguy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Guilty of all... OK! We Don hear.. We go adjust

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
while refuelling a generator: people take this one for granted, but it is equally as dangerous as smoking while handling fuel.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by lekjons(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
* In the toilet

* In Lagoslipsrsealed (awon omo wobe!) gringrin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by gidimasters(m): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
lalasticlala is here
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
in classes, when talking with parents or any elderly person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by neweraomo: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
On top woman nko

4 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Omotayor123(f): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
On point!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Ahmed0336(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
neweraomo:
On top woman nko
u no serious
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nairadays: 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
In the toilet when doing a big one because of germs.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2196365/Mobile-phones-germs-toilet-seat.html
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by ChappyChase: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
I dey come.
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
WHILE HAVING SEX

5 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by amtaken(f): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
1. In the Law Court.

2. During corporate meetings.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by tolanikawo1: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
When reading

3 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by funnynation(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
Army Check point.. Especially for Okene Road.. Those one wey sun don change their cloth..

Nairaland official comedian

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by freshness2020: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
Brb
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by frankomodu22: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
When you are making love

3 Likes

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by queenceline: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
i use my phone all the time
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Seunpaul01(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
For goodness sake why cant i use my phone at church even now that pastors are performing miracles out of it. And at the saloon, on a date, on the road. As a business man, one that will put food on the table, i can have an important call at any time.
Asides those i mentioned, the rest are pure truth.
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Chomsky1967(f): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Nairadays:
In the toilet when doing a big one because of germs.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2196365/Mobile-phones-germs-toilet-seat.html
Ah! No ooo, better inspiration dey com from this one

1 Like

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by mayorjosh(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
during football matches
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
3, 4 and in a bank are myths that've been dispelled a long time ago. It was a case of prevention robbing people of common sense. Good thing regular studies've made man wiser. Who knows? People would've still believed humans fly on brooms nowadays if regular experiments weren't looked into.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by siegfried99(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by mommysgirl(f): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
slyIsaac:
So true...tho My favorite place to use my phone is in the toilet...sometyms I watch a full 2hr movie while in the toilet,My elder brother use to think I was jerking off in there sad grin grin grin wink
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
Especially that date own. Thank you
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by chukslawrence(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmm
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by Nairadays: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chomsky1967:

Ah! No ooo, better inspiration dey com from this one

Hahaha, na so ooh and even for me too.

But it's inconveniencing going in there without trousers to bag the phone when about to clean up.

At that point comes the germs explosion with wet hands and all that.
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by brainbox1000(m): 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
Okay
Re: 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone by successbuchi32(m): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Nairaland pls help your comments are highly needed now. What do u think about this; A lady friend gave two week suspension/break to his guy, her reason was that the man talked to her the way she doesn't like. During this two week she ignore the guy and refused to see the guy until after two weeks. What is ur take on her action and how do u see this girl?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Bbm And Whatsapp Which One Do You Prefer / Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.