Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) (35008 Views)

King Charles III Officially Names William, Kate, Prince And Princess Of Wales / Meet Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Number Three (photos) / Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To A Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by nlfpmod: 7:37pm On Mar 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTooSnLBmss?si=062vf6JmLZBQ6TKy

'A huge shock': Catherine, Princess of Wales, announces she has cancer

Catherine, Princess of Wales, revealed Friday she has been diagnosed with cancer and is in the “early stages” of treatment.

The princess described the diagnosis as a huge shock” in a video statement released on social media. The news comes two months after she had temporarily stepped away from public life following what Kensington Palace said at the time was surgery for a non-cancerous abdominal condition.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous,” said Catherine, 42, who is married to the heir to the British throne, Prince William.

The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

Kate continued that her diagnosis was “a huge shock” and that “William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

The princess added, “As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.”

Kate said that she had told them she is “well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.”

She praised Prince William for being by her side as “a great source of comfort and reassurance” as well as the support she has received from the public.

We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery,” the princess said.

She ended her heartfelt message by saying that she was also keeping “all those whose lives have been affected by cancer” in her thoughts.

“For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone,” Kate concluded.

The announcement is a devastating blow for the British monarchy as King Charles III is currently undergoing treatment for an unspecified cancer, which was announced by Buckingham Palace in early February.

The update on the princess’s health came after Kate successfully underwent abdominal surgery on January 16. She remained in a London hospital for 13 days following the procedure and, on doctor’s advice, had since been away from public duties during her recovery.

Kate was spotted in public for the first time since her surgery, visiting a farm shop with her husband Prince William last weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/22/uk/kate-princess-of-wales-cancer-diagnosis-intl-gbr

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Peterpaul96: 7:39pm On Mar 22
Ooh
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by ericmor: 7:39pm On Mar 22
Ok
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by komzy589(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22
Big man sickness🤦‍♂️
Speedy recovery for her IJN, amen!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by KIDfurniture(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22
cheesy
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by AfroBeatDiary: 7:40pm On Mar 22
Chaai
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by inoki247: 7:40pm On Mar 22
Hmmmn....

The rate at which people are dying now....

He be like say we all jus dey wait our turn as the mata be now....

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Shedrack777: 7:40pm On Mar 22
I wish her healing

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Offpoint1: 7:40pm On Mar 22
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by iichidodo: 7:41pm On Mar 22
So?...

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by 4ormidable(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22
What's it really about the Whites with cancer??

15 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22
This one that the king and princess are developing cancer hope they are not trying to eradicate some bloodline

6 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Ever8090: 7:42pm On Mar 22
Sickness no just dey respect anybody no matter who you are, I get money no dey for this one....may the almighty God show her mercy and heal her...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Righteousness2(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22
If only someone close to her will tell her about the GOD of CHOSEN!
She will simply run down to Nigeria.

This is a moimoi akamu case for the GOD of CHOSEN

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Pidginwhisper: 7:42pm On Mar 22
Eeyah

2 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Xox1945(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22
You will be fine ma

10 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by AZControversial(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22
sad

The way cancer humbles one ehn......gosh!

Just wish there was a permanent end to it

14 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by wman(m): 7:44pm On Mar 22
This is sad.

No wonder she has been absent from public affairs.

May God heal her.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by mrvitalis(m): 7:44pm On Mar 22
4ormidable:
What's it really about the Whites with cancer??
Black have it too they are just to poor to run the tests involved

You guys hear they did all the test and found nothing, treated him nothing improved

While na only basic test them do

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by greggng: 7:45pm On Mar 22
Can the mad British press allow this family to focus

10 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by NothingDoMe: 7:46pm On Mar 22
Sad
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by meobizy(f): 7:47pm On Mar 22
Cancer dey wire these oyibos left, right and centre. Right now, na to set odds on whether your favourite celebrity go catch am. With the way her health was steadily discussed, it was a matter of time for the inevitable. She and Charles don join the commoners’ list of human beings ailing from cancer.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by wonlasewonimi: 7:47pm On Mar 22
Health is wealth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Afrobasic(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22
komzy589:
Big man sickness🤦‍♂️

Everyone can get cancer bro, stop saying this.

Cancer rates in both the aristocracy and commoner is actually the same, but because they are celebrities, their cancer diagnosis makes news more.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by AngelicBeing: 7:48pm On Mar 22
shocked
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by dominique(f): 7:48pm On Mar 22
So that's why she has been out of the public for months. I feel for her kids, wishing her full recovery soonest

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by MaziObinnaokija: 7:48pm On Mar 22
sad restoration to her

4 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by maureensylvia(f): 7:48pm On Mar 22
🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22
Sigh... May she overcome the disease.

6 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Straybullet: 7:49pm On Mar 22
Righteousness2:
If only someone close to her will tell her about the GOD of CHOSEN!
She will simply run down to Nigeria.

This is a moimoi akamu case for the GOD of CHOSEN

Stop this nonsense.

I'm a believer as well, and it is an insult to think you can preempt God or chosee who and where he gifts his miracles to.

I respect your public stand for christ, but this is in bad taste

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22
komzy589:
Big man sickness🤦‍♂️

What manner of ignorance is this?!!

SMH!!!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AK-47 Inventor Mikhail Kalashnikov Dies / Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) / Ivanka Trump Plans To Attend Biden's Inauguration Against Her Father's Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.