Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz (45741 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Donaldoni: 8:50pm On Mar 24
IbeOkehie:

Doubling down on IGNORANCE, that's the Nigerian way. As you guys have said indeed, una no go gree for anybody this year, but you've actually never been comfortable with truth at ANY time in your national history. Why not calm down and learn? If you're on Nairaland putting in time, reading and typing about Nigeria, you should be grateful for the truth.

Nigerians have an exaggerated opinion of their national wealth. You remind me of this fellow on a thread who claimed Shell made a profit of $20 billion from Nigeria alone in 2021 cheesy
Here's PART of our exchange:
https://www.nairaland.com/7249943/senate-invite-emefiele-over-naira/9#115156689

My reply to him was -

USD26billion from 20 million Nigerians abroad is no match for what Nigerians here are generating.

From Dangote to Globacom to the banks to the oil companies to the insurance companies etc etc

You guys are NO match!!!

Like I said earlier bank workers here may be doing more than this cool

When we're talking electricity 24hrs, you must be referring to solar systems. True, they exist in Nigeria but VERY FEW have them. There's some people on this forum involved in that business in Nigeria, I bet if they cared to make a comment here they would tell you many of their customers are diasporans. In fact anyone involved in anything to do with building construction and such trades in Nigeria will likely confirm that fact.

Are you saying I don't know the difference between solar and regular electricity

I said we enjoy almost 24 hours in this part of the country. And we have many such areas nationwide.
I switch off my freezer from time to time to be able to remove stuffs.
I don't have a generator!!!

The richest Nigerians are NOT based in Nigeria. I've done a long explanation on how I know. It's simple to figure out. Just one outstanding example is TY Danjuma. He's one of a handful of dollar billionaires in Nigeria. He doesn't live in Nigeria, neither does his daughter who is likely to inherit his businesses.

The day I figured out the thing rich people are doing in Nigeria, I was very pleased. All you have to know is that the UK & Europe is 6 hours flight and USA is 12 hours. These rich people show up for public events and go to their village once in a while and it gives the impression they're in Nigeria. When I was little, I remember you would go by some of these mega mansions, when you talk to the gate man they would always say "Ah, Oga travelled". It was only when I got to be an adult that it dawned on me that Oga travelled ABROAD and LIVES abroad to make money. In an earlier discussion I named such people from my own hometown.

Are you the one who made Danjuma a billionaire

IBB, Obasanjo, Abdul Salam, Gowon etc are based abroad

So Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu, Otedola, Alakija, Coscharis, Ibeto and co are based abroad

Jim Ovia, Elumelu, Aig, and our bank CEOs are based abroad

Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Kumuyi etc etc are based abroad

Only our artistes especially the musicians are doing what you described.

The richest Nigerians are STILL BASED in Nigeria

Oh, you must always remember how poor your Federal Government is, their revenue is $15 billion per year. The Federal budget of Nigeria has NEVER been more than $40 billion since the return to democracy. Not only that, the TOTAL REVENUES of ALL STATES plus Federal Government isn't up to $30 billion. That's the ENTIRE FEDERATION revenue, it's about equal to remittances from abroad.

Sorry I had to burst your bubble. grin

Bottom line - You're IGNORANT. In this you're not alone. My advice to you if you care, is go and get informed. Internet will help you.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

We don't spend dollars in Nigeria.
A country is considered as rich or poor based on GDP. Diaspora remittances doesn't come anywhere near and has never been of help to our economy as a whole.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by IbeOkehie: 9:09pm On Mar 24
Donaldoni:

USD26billion from 20 million Nigerians abroad is no match for what Nigerians here are generating.

From Dangote to Globacom to the banks to the oil companies to the insurance companies etc etc

You guys are NO match!!!

Like I said earlier bank workers here may be doing more than this cool

Are you saying I don't know the difference between solar and regular electricity

I said we enjoy almost 24 hours in this part of the country. And we have many such areas nationwide.
I switch off my freezer from time to time to be able to remove stuffs.
I don't have a generator!!!

Are you the one who made Danjuma a billionaire

IBB, Obasanjo, Abdul Salam, Gowon etc are based abroad

So Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu, Otedola, Alakija, Coscharis, Ibeto and co are based abroad

Jim Ovia, Elumelu, Aig, and our bank CEOs are based abroad

Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Kumuyi etc etc are based abroad

Only our artistes especially the musicians are doing what you described.

The richest Nigerians are STILL BASED in Nigeria

We don't spend dollars in Nigeria.
A country is considered as rich or poor based on GDP. Diaspora remittances doesn't come anywhere near and has never been of help to our economy as a whole.

I still advise you to go get informed and stop wallowing in abject ignorance. I see you no longer mention Federal Government revenue. Very good, that bubble has been PERMANENTLY busted.

ALL the rest of what you wrote up there is out-of-context garbage.

This your electricity thing, care to tell us where in Nigeria you live? There's very few places in Nigeria with reliable electricity supply. Bonny Island, some areas of Jos, some high brow estates in Lagos, Abuja or PH. Altogether, it's not up to 1% of Nigerians that have access to 24hr electricity supply, whether from public mains, generator or solar. They're not up to 1% of the population.

Same thing with your Adenuga, Alakija and co. Why do you keep citing outliers? So if I want to tell you about the everyday lives of Nigerian immigrants in the US/UK, what would you think if I start off using Hakeem Olajuwon as an example? Are you OK? None of such people reflect the reality of an average person in either country. It's actually stupid.

You don't spend dollars in Nigeria but somehow, the naira/dollar exchange rate is the top of the news everyday. I wonder why? grin

Your Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of the World. Nigeria earned the title. Nigeria will remain poor until most of you stop being IGNORANT.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Donaldoni: 9:25pm On Mar 24
IbeOkehie:

I still advise you to go get informed and stop wallowing in abject ignorance. I see you no longer mention Federal Government revenue. Very good, that bubble has been PERMANENTLY busted.

ALL the rest of what you wrote up there is out-of-context garbage.

It was wrong to make such stupid comparisons ab initio.
A nation is considered rich or poor based on GDP.
Diasporan remittances only favour the direct recipients. So far, it has been useless to our economy and is too miserly to make any impact.

This your electricity thing, care to tell us where in Nigeria you live? There's very few places in Nigeria with reliable electricity supply. Bonny Island, some areas of Jos, some high brow estates in Lagos, Abuja or PH. Altogether, it's not up to 1% of Nigerians that have access to 24hr electricity supply, whether from public mains, generator or solar. They're not up to 1% of the population.

I stay in one of the cities you listed. Didn't I tell you that rural areas even enjoy more electricity than urban areas
In Lagos, my neighbours down my street used to have almost 24 hours yet I wallowed in darkness most of the time before I left for where I am now.
So where did your 1% stat come from

Same thing with your Adenuga, Alakija and co. Why do you keep citing outliers? So if I want to tell you about the everyday lives of Nigerian immigrants in the US/UK, what would you think if I start off using Hakeem Olajuwon as an example? Are you OK? None of such people reflect the reality of an average person in either country. It's actually stupid.

Hakeem Olajuwon is no match for the big boys over here. If he comes over, he will be prostrating here and there.
So you want me to start listing all the who-is-who in the country Where is the time nah
Come on, you guys are at par with our middle class here. No more no less.

Just accept it. The richest and most successful Nigerians are still based in Nigeria. It's the middle/upper middle class that japa abroad only to struggle for years to attain same middle class status abroad. What a shame! Pathetic!! angry

You don't spend dollars in Nigeria but somehow, the naira/dollar exchange rate is the top of the news everyday. I wonder why? grin

That's because we still import all our petroleum products.
By the time all our refineries start production, nobody will care about dollar anymore and Naira will appreciate significantly.

Your Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of the World. Nigeria earned the title. Nigeria will remain poor until most of you stop being IGNORANT.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Our GDP and Stock Market says otherwise. For your information we have the second most performing stock exchange worldwide even as we have crossed the 100,000 points if you know what that means. tongue Dey play! tongue

1 Like

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by godguy: 9:30pm On Mar 24
KEVIND:
US-based Nigerian Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A Brand New Mercedes Benz On His 50th Birthday.

U.S. based Nigerian different from all these uk and Canada noise makers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by achimendy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 24
Jokerman:
This is a rare news, considering what the women antics over there.

I applaud her

Am telling you, very rare news.

She has done well. More grace to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by chichima67791: 9:47pm On Mar 24
Meanwhile nothing is better than love. Love i said not relationship. Many of us are in loveless relationship.Meanwhile nothing is better than love. Love i said not relationship. Many of us are in loveless relationship....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Konquest: 11:06pm On Mar 24
KEVIND:
US-based Nigerian Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A Brand New Mercedes Benz On His 50th Birthday.

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by IbeOkehie: 11:24pm On Mar 24
Donaldoni:

It was wrong to make such stupid comparisons ab initio.
A nation is considered rich or poor based on GDP.
Diasporan remittances only favour the direct recipients. So far, it has been useless to our economy and is too miserly to make any impact.

I stay in one of the cities you listed. Didn't I tell you that rural areas even enjoy more electricity than urban areas
In Lagos, my neighbours down my street used to have almost 24 hours yet I wallowed in darkness most of the time before I left for where I am now.
So where did your 1% stat come from

Hakeem Olajuwon is no match for the big boys over here. If he comes over, he will be prostrating here and there.
So you want me to start listing all the who-is-who in the country Where is the time nah
Come on, you guys are at par with our middle class here. No more no less.

Just accept it. The richest and most successful Nigerians are still based in Nigeria. It's the middle/upper middle class that japa abroad only to struggle for years to attain same middle class status abroad. What a shame! Pathetic!! angry

That's because we still import all our petroleum products.

By the time all our refineries start production, nobody will care about dollar anymore and Naira will appreciate significantly.

Our GDP and Stock Market says otherwise. For your information we have the second most performing stock exchange worldwide even as we have crossed the 100,000 points if you know what that means. tongue Dey play! tongue

LOL at your hopes for Dangote. Hmmm. Anyway I admire how you're coping with the reality of the Nigerian circumstance.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by dkidd: 4:20am On Mar 25
Nice gesture at least for a change. No be to kill or push ur husband out to the streets... I hope u will also allow him drive in peace. No be to dey dictate where he goes or how he uses the car, or u start monitoring his time outside of u because women gifts get as e be oo
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Donaldoni: 6:28am On Mar 25
IbeOkehie:

LOL at your hopes for Dangote. Hmmm. Anyway I admire how you're coping with the reality of the Nigerian circumstance.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Dangote has been ignored by all and sundry.

PH refinery is resuming operations in a matter of days according to Mele Kyari.

Other refineries will by the end of the year, God willing.

There is no coping anywhere. We are enjoying ourselves, our freedom, our culture, our religion, our food, our weather, our communal life etc etc. cheesy

It's just that over the years we have been used to 'free lunch' i.e. unsustainable subsidies. embarassed

Now we are getting used to the new normal cool
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Truthshotcrazy: 6:44am On Mar 25
advanceDNA:

Fake story

pato405:
Yimmu! Adonbilivit! Women dont spend their money on men!
It's for real. The woman is comedian AY Makun younger's sister. Check his IG

Kam2021:
This woman now will be the darling of nairaland men 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰🤣🤣🤣
grin

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Gerrard59(m): 7:53am On Mar 25
IbeOkehie:

The richest Nigerians are NOT based in Nigeria. I've done a long explanation on how I know. It's simple to figure out. Just one outstanding example is TY Danjuma. He's one of a handful of dollar billionaires in Nigeria. He doesn't live in Nigeria, neither does his daughter who is likely to inherit his businesses.

The day I figured out the thing rich people are doing in Nigeria, I was very pleased. All you have to know is that the UK & Europe is 6 hours flight and USA is 12 hours. These rich people show up for public events and go to their village once in a while and it gives the impression they're in Nigeria. When I was little, I remember you would go by some of these mega mansions, when you talk to the gate man they would always say "Ah, Oga travelled". It was only when I got to be an adult that it dawned on me that Oga travelled ABROAD and LIVES abroad to make money.
In an earlier discussion I named such people from my own hometown.

This one still makes me laugh like die grin shocked grin
ou're not alone. My advice to you if you care, is go and get informed. Internet will help you.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

I recalled when we had the same disagreement, Donald might be misconstruing it, but the fact remains that the majority of Nigeria's wealthy generated/made their wealth from Nigeria. Whether they live in Nigeria or not is immaterial (no evidence to support your claim that they don't) as wealthy people no dey stay one place. But Nigeria's wealthy made their wealth in Nigeria. So, the odds of being a wealthy Nigerian are higher while in Nigeria than outside. Indians for instance have multimillionaires and even billionaires who made their money outside India, Nigeria has just the Calendly dude and Ogunlesi.

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Nickymezor(f): 4:43pm On Mar 25
How nice of her
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by IbeOkehie: 9:54pm On Mar 25
Gerrard59:

I recalled when we had the same disagreement, Donald might be misconstruing it, but the fact remains that the majority of Nigeria's wealthy generated/made their wealth from Nigeria. Whether they live in Nigeria or not is immaterial (no evidence to support your claim that they don't) as wealthy people no dey stay one place. But Nigeria's wealthy made their wealth in Nigeria. So, the odds of being a wealthy Nigerian are higher while in Nigeria than outside. Indians for instance have multimillionaires and even billionaires who made their money outside India, Nigeria has just the Calendly dude and Ogunlesi.

Both you and Donald are fixated on outliers. As I've written over and again, such people have no relevance to the bulk of any population, which lies under the statistical bell curve. In my view they don't matter. They're just that, outliers. And these outliers are the ONLY argument advanced to illustrate the supposed prosperity of Nigeria.

I'll concede most of those outliers make their money in Nigeria. Like Muhammadu Buhari and TY Danjuma, most live abroad. I already mentioned a couple of names from my town. It was only in adulthood when I started meeting some of them or their families abroad I realized they actually didn't live in Nigeria.

Again the question - how relevant are these outliers though?

Anyway Oga Gerrard, I really shouldn't involve myself in an argument with someone who doesn't know that diaspora remittances are larger than Federal Government revenues. He even implied that the appropriate comparison would be to Lagos State grin Someone who argues that diaspora remittances have no effect or relevance to Nigerian economic fundamentals. It shows he has done zero thinking or reading about the economic situation in Nigeria.

When confronted with the reality of Nigerian poverty the ignoramus shouts "Dangote!!!!"

Next he'll tell me individuals can own land in Nigeria. I bet he will argue that too.

IGNORANCE is a bad thing. This is why I hate Nigerians.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by EreluRoz: 5:19pm On Mar 27
Westerhoffe:
EreluRoz, come and see the kind of woman any man wants, and not the type that carries bottles around, looking for the man to put inside.
Always looking for bottle 🍾 to enter
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Westerhoffe(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24
EreluRoz:
Always looking for bottle 🍾 to enter

I called your attention to it, not for bottling.
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by EreluRoz: 5:15pm On Apr 24
Westerhoffe:

I called your attention to it, not for bottling.
See this one, I'm sure you are talking from inside the bottle
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Westerhoffe(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24
EreluRoz:
See this one, I'm sure you are talking from inside the bottle

I reject it by fire by thunder.
Which kind wish be this na?
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by IbeOkehie: 12:57pm On Apr 26
Donaldoni:

For every successful Nigerian out there we have 100 back home doing equally well.

For you...I couldn't find it at the time. Note the date, FIVE years ago, when things were still good grin Every Nigerian should read this and think.

https://businessday.ng/columnist/article/time-to-end-the-nigeria-is-rich-myth/

Businessday
May 16, 2019
I think many Nigerians are still psychologically reluctant to accept Nigeria’s true position in the global pecking order today. Our sense of national self is largely built around the notion that we are a country very rich in natural and human resources, just one good government away from greatness. Some optic illusions further render this belief hard to shake.

In every state, there are a few dozen people (usually involved in politics) who possess such visibly stupendous wealth, we can be forgiven for assuming there is a lot more where that came from. Thing is, there isn’t. If you shared Nigeria’s 8.83 trillion naira national budget equally among Nigerians, each citizen would receive a paltry 45,000 naira or so; hardly enough to keep you in Panadol for the year.

Another factor fuelling this “there is money in Nigeria” belief is that many people pretend to have more of it than they actually do. My friend who runs a crèche in one of the most expensive neighbourhoods in Lagos says she has lost count of the number of parents who drive the most expensive Range Rovers yet struggle to pay their children’s nursery fees on time. Of course, aspirational Nigerians don’t live above their means just because, they do so in response to societal pressure for them to prove they are “somebodies”; worth talking business to, hanging out with and treating respectfully.

But Nigeria is not rich.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Donaldoni: 1:41pm On Apr 26
IbeOkehie:

For you...I couldn't find it at the time. Note the date, FIVE years ago, when things were still good grin Every Nigerian should read this and think.

https://businessday.ng/columnist/article/time-to-end-the-nigeria-is-rich-myth/

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Rubbish!

You are not richer than the average Nigerian!!

How many average Nigerians are in debt

How many average Nigerians have to pay mortgage all their lives

Go figure!!
Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by IbeOkehie: 3:18pm On Apr 26
Donaldoni:

Rubbish!

You are not richer than the average Nigerian!!

How many average Nigerians are in debt

How many average Nigerians have to pay mortgage all their lives

Go figure!!

I said little about myself. At least I have the courage to use my real name. Why can't you at least tell us your name and what you do? So we can know why you're so confident.

I personally know people LIVING IN NIGERIA earning $1000 per day, I'm not richer than them. I mostly try to talk about those doing the lowest jobs abroad. Anything else and home based Nigerians will bring accusations of boasting.

I see NEPA must have brought light enough for you to charge your Nokia phone. Wash your hands well after using bucket latrine before you start typing. Have a good weekend.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz by Donaldoni: 3:28pm On Apr 26
IbeOkehie:

I never said little about myself. At least I have the courage to use my real name. Why can't you at least tell us your name and what you do? So we can know why you're so confident.

I personally know people IN NIGERIA earning $1000 per day, I'm not richer than them. I mostly try to talk about those doing the lowest jobs abroad. Anything else and home based Nigerians will bring accusations of boasting.

I see NEPA must have brought light enough for you to charge your Nokia phone. Wash your hands well after using bucket latrine before you start typing. Have a good weekend.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Trash talk!!!

Those doing the lowest jobs in Nigeria are at par with those abroad. It's only when money crosses border that one tends to look better.

How many times will I tell you that I enjoy enough power due to me

And I am currently at work in my office. cool Keep imagining nonsense. cheesy

It's evident I been giving you a bloody nose going by the way you keep looking for rubbish over the past few months to back up your stupid claims cheesy

Pathetic!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daughter Fights Mum For Bringing Too Many Men To Their Home (pics/video) / Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes / Woman Walks In On Her Husband & His Side Chick At A Salon, Disgraces Them (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.