Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) (42730 Views)

I Just Killed This Snake In My Room. / The Snake I Killed In My Room / The Snake I Killed In My Room In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by faceland: 1:00pm On Mar 26
Red colour with round plastic can.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Vergovert: 1:00pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy
Nigerians and turning brands to generic names

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every toothpaste is Macleans
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro
Every seasoning is Maggi

Add yours grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by UHLmoving: 1:00pm On Mar 26
99thEnemy:

Taaargh.

I remember my dad using this when I was a kid.
This was popular even in the late ’90s grin

with this, you're only confirming what was said: your dad used it when you werea kid..and now you his child are probably done with the varsity.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 26
UHLmoving:
with this, you're only confirming what was said: your dad used it when you werea kid..and now you his child are probably done with the varsity.
oh! now I understand you.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by faceland: 1:02pm On Mar 26
hopeforcharles:
Wow, so there was a flit insecticide.
But there are other companies that have this kind of container too

So flit isn't an English verb?
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Tetraozonaitera: 1:08pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

EVERY FOOD SEASONER IS MAGGI
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by tivity101: 1:22pm On Mar 26
In our days na the day popsi hand hot naim we dey use all this ones, if not na mosquito coil or we go kuku turn off the light then use wrapper blow the full house 🏠 make all mosquito fall out from the carban before we sleep..

How time flies

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 1:37pm On Mar 26
Wawelexy:

Ok kiddo

you wey dem born yesterday
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by OvertheTop(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro
Every Beef Roll is GALA

Add yours grin

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by hslbroker2(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26
Wawelexy:
Na this one I sabi(mortein or raid), and dem no born you well make you stay inside the room we y dem use am.

Even though na for mosquito and other insects, rat sef still dey fear am. grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Smithwilliams826: 2:03pm On Mar 26
Arobaga:
I never hear “Go and flit my room” shaa

Don’t call me Gen-Z I be old man
cheesy you na Gen-Z old man cheesy
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Psoul(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26
fyzaila:
I grew up hearing, go and spray shaltox in my room. I have never seen the so called "shaltox" with my

It is Shelltox. Insecticide from Shell Oil Company.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Lovit(m): 2:44pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Maggi nko?
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by omenka1: 3:13pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every seasoning cube is baggy
Every diaper is Pampers
Every cola flavoured drink is coke
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by LagosG: 3:17pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
To my dad every detergent is Surf
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by SPAMBOX7: 3:34pm On Mar 26
Wawelexy:
Na this one I sabi(mortein or raid), and dem no born you well make you stay inside the room we y dem use am.

Even though na for mosquito and other insects, rat sef still dey fear am. grin
This one still dey na. But na rubbish dem dey sell now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by hopeforcharles(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26
faceland:

So flit isn't an English verb?
No you know.
Had it been the company is still around you would have been giving them free advert and publicity.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Smyk13: 3:57pm On Mar 26
Every white-man, is oyibo
Every pomade, is vaselene
Every form (matteress) is donlop

To be continued.......

OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Smyk13: 4:03pm On Mar 26
Ehen, Every margarine is blue band
LagosG:

To my dad every detergent is Surf
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Kaido: 4:59pm On Mar 26
Oh my! It's been a while since I saw that
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by faceland: 5:01pm On Mar 26
hopeforcharles:

Now you know.
Had it been the company is still around you would have been giving them free advert and publicity.

He is flitting the room.
He flitted the room.
Flit

So all no be English... Wow.

Now I would using big grammar; fumigate.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Smartguyboy(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26
99thEnemy:

I have been pondering on this question since I saw this Topic.
I have been using
I want flit the house and I want buy flit .
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 5:57pm On Mar 26
Smartguyboy:

I have been using
I want flit the house and I want buy flit .
“flit the house” is a phrase I have known since I was born used in my household by everyone.

Never knew Flit was an insecticide brand. I thought it is an actual word that means to spray from an an aerosol spray can.

damn! 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by finallybusy: 9:38pm On Mar 26
Makes sense. I recently found out "Shettox" was actually Shieldtox.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by chieni(f): 10:12pm On Mar 26
HisaacPlus:

You probably grew up from one of those remote, autonomous communities.
I disagree oh. I was born in the city and never heard of it
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ukaface(f): 10:55pm On Mar 26
Omo
Na ‘ make I go Chetos the room’I know o
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by davidtemi(m): 12:40am On Mar 27
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every newspaper is Daily times
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by alabo1: 6:08am On Mar 27
99thEnemy:

“flit the house” is a phrase I have known since I was born used in my household by everyone.

Never knew Flit was an insecticide brand. I thought it is an actual word that means to spray from an an aerosol spray can.

damn! 🤦🏾‍♂️

It's also a verb and a noun. Verb - to move swiftly. Noun - An act of moving from one location to another surreptitiously.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by phygo89(m): 9:05am On Mar 27
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro
Every seasoning na Maggi
Every diapers na pampers

Add yours grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by HisaacPlus: 6:36pm On Mar 27
chieni:

I disagree oh. I was born in the city and never heard of it
That puts a lot of question on your claim. Maybe you lived among the hermits (I am sorry)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Kills Python With His Motor Jack (Pictures) / This Snake Was Killed This Morning After Spending The Night In Our House / Woman Does Wonder With Her Back Flip Performance-dele Momodu React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.