Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl (10772 Views)

Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping His 3 Children / Lady Collapses In Lagos Court After Being Sentenced To Death (Photos) / Olalekan Ogunyemi Who Killed Kolade Johnson Pictured In Handcuffs In Lagos Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by naptu2: 11:54am On Mar 27
Lagos DSVA @Lagosdsva

JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED ⚖️

The Lagos State Sexual Offences & Domestic Violence Court Sentenced, Ugochukwu Onuoha to Life Imprisonment for Defiling his Neighbour’s 5 Year Old Daughter.

His name will be registered in the Sexual Offenders Register as maintained by Lagos State.

Justice Rahman Oshodi, in his judgment, held that the prosecution had established beyond reasonable doubt, the charge of defilement against Onuoha.

Oshodi said the prosecutrix (survivor) was a child at the time of the incident. He said the prosecutrix’s mother’s evidence that Onuoha apologised and promised not to do it again was an admission which corroborated the prosecutrix’s evidence.

According to him: “There is abundant evidence that the defendant committed the crime. “She maintained this during cross-examination and gave further details to embellish her evidence in chief. “The evidence shows that the defendant had defiled the survivor, who, to his knowledge, was a child.”

The court further held that the medical evidence showed short and long-term impacts on the survivor like structural damage to the vagina, the uterus, and other surrounding organs.

Oshodi said: “According to the medical evidence, “The psychology of the victim was affected and may require years of counselling.

“You offered no words of consolation for the survivor and her family and I do not know at this time what the total ramifications will be for the survivor. “The extent of damage you have done to the survivor for your sexual gratification is mind-boggling and you did not show any sign of remorse.”

The judge sentenced him to life imprisonment and also ordered that his name be registered in the Lagos State Sexual Offences Register.

The prosecutor, Mr Adedipupo Adewetan, had told the court that the convict committed the offence on June 20, 2021 on Achakpo St., Olodi Apapa, Lagos.

According to the prosecution, the offence contravenes Section 137 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos, 2015.

The Lagos State Domestic & Sexual Violence Agency reiterates the State's Zero tolerance stance and insists that there is help for survivors even as we remain committed to ensuring perpetrators are held accountable for their actions.

Let's continuously break the culture of silence !

Report any case of Domestic or Sexual Violence by calling our Toll Free Line - 08000 333 333.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by naptu2: 11:54am On Mar 27
The Lagos State Government has converted the Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) into the Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA).

DSVRT is a collection of professional service providers and officials that respond as a group and in a timely fashion to the various needs of domestic and sexual violence survivors by providing legal, medical, emergency assistance, Counselling and psychological and psycho social support. It is to encourage and create unprecedented level of collaboration among professionals working to end sexual and Gender Based Violence.

Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) is an organisation under Lagos state Government committed to ensuring total eradication of Sexual and Gender Based Violence in the State. Our mission is to provide sensitive services to victims of domestic and sexual violence while promoting healthy relationships as we strive to enhance our coordinated community response to domestic and sexual violence in Lagos State and indeed in Nigeria.

naptu2:

Once again, contact the Domestic/Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) in the following ways:

Physical address: Head Office DSVA, Novel House, Central Business District, Alausa 101233, Ikeja,

E-mail : info@lagosdsva.org

Telephone : 112, O-8000-333-333 (toll free)

Twitter: @Lagosdsva

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lagosdsva

The reason I advised that you should contact these people is that they've got lawyers, psychological counsellors and other professionals that are needed to tackle this case. They are backed by the Lagos State Government and they know how to make the police do their work. They can also provide shelter for the woman and the child if the need arises. They are your best bet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by naptu2: 11:54am On Mar 27
Previous threads

Man Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 13-Year-Old Girl
https://www.nairaland.com/7964367/man-sentenced-life-imprisonment-raping

Court Sentences Man To Life In Prison Defiling Three-year-old
https://www.nairaland.com/7658365/court-sentences-man-life-prison

Rape allegation: Lagos court remands Bishop Feyi Daniels in Kirikiri prison
https://www.nairaland.com/7657216/rape-allegation-lagos-court-remands

Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape
https://www.nairaland.com/7982039/court-sentences-feyi-daniels-life

INSIDE LIFE: LAGOS State Releases Photos, Names Of Sex Offenders
https://www.nairaland.com/7674799/inside-life-lagos-state-releases

Lagos opens Eko Haven; shelter for survivors of Domestic Violence
https://www.nairaland.com/7730180/vacancies-meerahbel-1.0/1#124048194

Wives Battered 340 Husbands To Pulp In 1yr —lagos Govt
https://www.nairaland.com/7913595/wives-battered-340-husbands-pulp
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by shortgun(m): 12:15pm On Mar 27
Rapists are evil

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Righteousness2(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27
Good one from lasg.

Just watch how some persons praising the Terrorists rape of the kidnapped Israelis ladies yesterday will come here to form morals.
That is how degrading the heart of humans have become in these end of the endtimes.

JESUS CHRIST is coming Quickly.
Also remember, The Breath in you is not in your power.
It could gone anytime and anywhere.

REPENT from your evils, wickedness and abominations.
Amend your ways and SURRENDER to the Lordship of JESUS CHRIST.
The next moment is not Guaranteed.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Jennyclay(f): 12:28pm On Mar 27
Oh no!! Not again cry. Why are these wild animals so wicked and evil

Why would the court even sentence the animal to life imprisonment when you can just sentence him to death in less 2 minutes undecided

Now the toddler will be traumatized for life. I wish her speedy recovery and I hope she sees a therapist from time to time! Her mother failed her, her country also failed her sad.

Women should never leave their daughter in hands of any man not even the father, uncle, brother or whosoever man. I know what I’m saying sad

You foolish men brags that with #500 you can get a lady to your bed and yet you foolish men go about raping toddlers

I’m so pained I didn’t study law!!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by CelestineNelson: 12:43pm On Mar 27
God! How do people do this for God's sake...5 years old

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by EmiloCorn: 12:44pm On Mar 27
Hmm undecided na wao

I didn't call tribe oh 😒

But i put PLUM on that rapists head and it was dead center cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by shortgun(m): 12:44pm On Mar 27
Jennyclay:

Why would the court sentence the animal to life imprisonment when you can just sentence him to death in less 2 minutes undecided

Now the toddler will be traumatized for life. I hope she sees a therapist from time to time!

You foolish men brags that with #500 you can get a lady to your bed and yet you foolish men go about raping toddlers

Madam rest, women rape boys too. Personally, I was raped by my mum's friend when I was 8. Every man is not a rapist either is every woman one.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Donaldoni: 12:44pm On Mar 27
angry
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Justicemy8(m): 12:45pm On Mar 27
name checkers association

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Jennyclay(f): 12:45pm On Mar 27
shortgun:

Madam rest, women rape boys too
I will lay curse on you if you quote me again!! sad

Bunch of rapist and murderers everywhere!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Asonaijaaso: 12:45pm On Mar 27
SHOW HIS PICTURE AND SHAME HIM.
SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE HIM WILL BE CAUTIONED

WHY DO NIGERIANS GIVE CRIMINALS SO MUCH PRIVACY.
OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD HAVE SENT OUT MUGSHOTS ON MERE ACCUSATION.
NO TRIAL YET.

NIGERIA, EVEN IF FOUND GUILTY,YOUR PICTURE IS STILL PROTECTED.
SHOW HIS FACE SO THAT PEOPLE KNOW WHO HE IS.

EVEN IF RELEASED, HE WONT REINTEGRATE INTO THE COMMUNITY AND COMMIT SUCH CRIME AGAIN.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Bayaar02(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27
Good news... Next?
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by MarveworldG: 12:46pm On Mar 27
Bad
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Buulabaaaa: 12:47pm On Mar 27
The relevant authorities should start castrating such men .. it’s high time we take this wild animal’s back to the zoo …

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Judolisco(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27
Lagos sef sabi fall person hand.... Jst sentence d man to death.... Na animal

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by PeterObi001: 12:47pm On Mar 27
For me honestly I sees it as ritual purposes ........ Watin wan motivate mature full grow man to have sex with a five year old kid ...... No breast for chest ooo
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Idun2024(f): 12:47pm On Mar 27
Hehehe

Someone will cross 4-6 states just to go commit crime in Lagos.

So pathetic!!!

The animal should be hung

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by tefishy(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27
I still wonder how the man servicing you gets erection. Even though I am trying to understand your point, you generalize men all the time which is wrong and you are too toxic for my liking

Jennyclay:

Why would the court even sentence the animal to life imprisonment when you can just sentence him to death in less 2 minutes undecided

Now the toddler will be traumatized for life. I wish her speedy recovery and I hope she sees a therapist from time to time!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by jiz: 12:48pm On Mar 27
Good for him
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by Angelfrost(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27
fotoy7:
Weting All this randy Man they see for small kids body

It's a mental illness called Pedophilia... No different from Homosexuality and Bestiality.

Parents and Guardians should be more vigilant over their kids. Predators are all over the place including religious houses.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by bobochem: 12:49pm On Mar 27
I think Lagos govt needs to enlighten her citizens the consequence of raping.Because if many of these culprits are aware of the consequence of rape in the state they will think twice before dipping their d**CKs in the wrong channels.
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by yemmight(m): 12:50pm On Mar 27
They should just cut off the sadstick.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by shortgun(m): 12:50pm On Mar 27
Jennyclay:
I will lay curse on you if you quote me again!! sad

Bunch of rapist and murderers everywhere!!!
cheesy grin grin
Lay the curses on the poverty ravaging your life first. No wonder you are frustrated, you get winch

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by 900warriorz: 12:50pm On Mar 27
Death to Child Rapists angry Tueh
Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by laurel03(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27
Oloripelebe... wetin the Anafia go enjoyed for 5 years old girl body... fit be money ritual things as usual because you can't trust those people they will just hide under one yeye business.
Make them cut the stick to do pepper soup for him to eat...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Sentences Man To Life Imprisonment For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl by naptu2: 12:52pm On Mar 27
Asonaijaaso:
SHOW HIS PICTURE AND SHAME HIM.
SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE HIM WILL BE CAUTIONED

WHY DO NIGERIANS GIVE CRIMINALS SO MUCH PRIVACY.
OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD HAVE SENT OUT MUGSHOTS ON MERE ACCUSATION.
NO TRIAL YET.

NIGERIA, EVEN IF FOUND GUILTY,YOUR PICTURE IS STILL PROTECTED.
SHOW HIS FACE SO THAT PEOPLE KNOW WHO HE IS.

EVEN IF RELEASED, HE WONT REINTEGRATE INTO THE COMMUNITY AND COMMIT SUCH CRIME AGAIN.

His name, picture and other details will appear here in a few days time.

https://lagosdsva.org/sex-offender-registry/

https://lagosstatemoj.org/category/sex-offender-registry/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Sleeps With So Many Female Dead Bodies In The Mortuary:video / Man Apprehended And Beaten To Pulp After Failed Abduction Attempt In Zamfara / Four Get 42 Years Imprisonment For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.