Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement (3995 Views)

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by chrisj2000(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2011
we need more time
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Judek2(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
chrisj2000:

That's just one of the arrant nonsense written in the evil book of lies.
Consider this; god I perfect, god created human in his image, human is imperfect. How can a perfect god create imperfect human? god I Omniscient, god put Adam and eve in the garden of Eden, god wanted to test their loyalty buy giving them a forbidden tree which bears fruit of knowledge. If god is omniscient he should have know that they would eat that fruit.
Ladies and gentlemen, i say this with conviction: bible is evil, god doesn't exist and jesus was a liar,an impostor and a convicted criminal.

Lunatic fellow. undecided
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by ichuka(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Obalende.
I deal with classic's,most recent Christain books are completely waste of time.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Obalende: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2011
ichuka
u r wasting ur time with nee too. he said in one other work of his that some christians IN CHRIST will be sent to hell. the federal adam christ theology is not assured.
j2000
that is open blasphemy and i wont go that far. i nelieve there is God and jesus but that they r cruel and callous and malevolent to we unbelievers
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Image123(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2011
plaetton:

@image123.
Thank you.
Yours is the only real and straightforward answer so far. In summary,your answer is that jesus cleansed all sins, god forgives whatever is leftover through paryer, no judgement for those who have faith in the sacrifice of jesus, but inevitable judgement for those who do not believe(non-christians).
Interesting, whether it true or not.
Yes, and to be clear still, Jesus cleansed all sins including the 'left overs'. Forgiveness from/by God is hinged on the sacrifice of Jesus. When we ask God for forgiveness of our sins/debts/left overs, He forgives BECAUSE Jesus Christ paid for it, and we accept His payment by faith.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
@poster

I sincerely hope that your question is born out of sincere desire to know and not out of a craving to show your vast scientific knowledge or intellect. This is because those that are wise in their own sight will see the mystery of the Kingdom as foolishness but it has pleased God to use the foolish thing of this world to confound the wise. Notwithstanding, the Holy Spirit will help me to give you answers that will point you to the cross as the only answer to man’s state of helplessness.

Question 1(A): Since Jesus died long before I was born, what sin of mine did he die for and what exactly did he save me from?

First, let me refer you to Heb 13:8 – It says: “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever” It simply means the power He had to forgive sins during His earthly ministry “…son, thy sins be forgiven thee” Mark 2: 5 and during the time of the apostles “…whosover believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins” Acts 10:43; the power is still available to forgive sins today - I am a living witness!

That He died a long time ago does not mean, His saving grace has expired. John 3:16 said: “WHOSOVER believes in Him shall not perish…” it didn’t say: “whosoever believe in Him now” “Whosoever” - black, white, brown, yellow etc; “believes” – now, tomorrow and anytime.

Now, what exactly did He save us from?

In Gen 2: 17b“… for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” Here, God made a law and pronounced the penalty for disobeying that law – death. “For the wages of sin is death” Rom 6:23a. Now, the death that God pronounced as the punishment for disobedience is not just physical but spiritual – it means man would be separated from God and his soul will be condemned to eternal punishment. Alas! This was not known to our first parents (perharps). Hence, the devil came and deceived them. He gave them fruit that was “pleasant to the eyes”, and took from them the power and dominion that God gave them over all the creations of His hand and sold them as slaves to “sin”. Hence, the nature of God and likeness of God – Holiness was taken away from them and another nature – sin was given them.

As a result of this, everyman born of Adam is born with the nature of sin - Adamic nature. Man becomes naturally sinful. We didn’t have to be taught to steal, kill, fornicate, lie etc. Our body of sin does all these without learning it. WE ARE SINNERS NOT BECAUSE WE SIN, BUT WE SIN BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS.
Now, God was not happy with the situation. He loves us but hates the Sin in us. He sent His prophets to show us the way back to Him but they were not listened to. They were rather beaten, killed and mocked. They were told that what they were saying was ridiculous and did not appeal to common human knowledge (knowledge they got from eating the forbidden fruit) and known science; hence, unacceptable.

At last God provided a lasting solution. “I will send my Son, He will suffer and die for the Sin of the world, and He will be nailed to a cross with the Adamic nature of everyone that trusts in His name. The sins of as many as trust in His saving grace will be washed by His blood”. For “…without shedding of blood is no remission”. Heb 9:22. Jesus Christ the Son of God hung there that day for you. He took your place, died in your stead became substitute, bore your sins, gave His life that you a poor, lost and guilty sinner might live. What a remedy for man’s ruins?!

Hence, Jesus Christ died to save us from the nature of sin; to reconcile us back to God, give us back the dominion that the devil took away from us at Eden, to deliver us from the penalty of sin – eternal death and to give us everlasting life that we lost at Eden. “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly”. John 10:10. The old nature is taken away and you’re given a new one. “Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”. 2 cor 5:17
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Question 1(B). If my sins(the ones I have commited and the ones am yet to commit) have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus, then where lies my responsibility to live a sin-free life?
ANSWER

Please go back to the bible passage I quoted above: 2 Cor 5:17. When you realize your sinful and helpless state and comes to Jesus for salvation, He does not just forgive you your sins; He regenerates you. Your nature of sin is killed (you die) and you’re raised again to a newness of life (born-again) never to sin again. So, your sins were cleansed by the blood of Jesus once and all your pass misdeeds are forgiven and forgotten no matter how terrible they were and you’re given the power to go and “sin no more”. To be born twice is to die once but to be born once is to die twice.

Now where lays the responsibility of a born-again Christian to live a sin-free life?

Philipians 2:12b “… work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” But verse 13 says:” For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.” So, at the point of conversion, God “worked in us” he operates on our inside to remove the nature of sin in us. But, the enemy of our soul is still without looking for every opportunity to take us back into captivity; hence, the born-again now has a RESPONSIBILITY to work out his OWN salvation. The salvation has to be yours before you can work it out. Moreover, you can only “work out” what God has “worked in”.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
Question 2.Again we have been made to believe from childhood that the merciful god forgives all our sins, especially when we pray and ask him. If so, then:

(A) What sins are there to forgive since the sacrifice of Jesus automatically wipes away our sins? (B) even if there are leftover or residual sins, and the merciful god forgives us everyday throughout our lives,where lies our responsibility to lve sin-free lives?

ANSWER.

Now, part of the answer to these questions has been given under question 1:

When you sincerely comes to Jesus as a sinner for forgiveness; He forgives and regenerates you. And you’re not expected to go back to sin again. “{6:1}What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? {6:2} God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? {6:3} Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? {6:4} Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. {6:5} For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness of his] resurrection: {6:6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him,] that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” Romans 6: 1 – 6.

Now as a born-again Christian; you may make some honest mistake in the cause of your journey to heaven; once you realize this mistake, you have an advocate in the person of Jesus to plead your cause should the accuser of brethren accuse you before God. Moreover, when such mistake is realized, quickly ask for forgiveness from God and restitute to whosoever such honest mistake is made against. (Please note that deliberate act of sin should not be regarded as honest mistake. It has to be something you had no previous knowledge of to be wrong).
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
Question 3.And lastly, we are also told that in the final day,God will judge our sins and punish us accordingly(eternal hellfire)for the sins of our earthly life.
If so, my questions are:

(A) What? What sins? But Jesus had already wiped our sins away and God had forgiven us for the rest after prayer. What sins are we now going to be judged on ,and why? Would final judgement not be a redudancy considering that we had undergone two stages of forgiveness already? Does it not seem like a betrayal? why accept the sacrifice of jesus and why pray for forgiveness if at the end you are still going to be prosecuted for your sins?

ANSWER

See previous answers. Also note that those that are going to be judged are those who rejected Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. The faithful will be rewarded not judged. If men will not have Jesus as a Saviour, they will be compelled to have Him as a Judge.

Now, “how shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation…”? Heb 2: 3. Come to Him today, He’s waiting right outside the door of your heart. Do it and do it NOW!
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by ichuka(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
@image123,Judek2,and Eben 2,lets pray and ask God 4mercy to open the eyes of the heart of the op,for him to see the richness in Christ Jesus.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by plaetton: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2011
i.chuka:

@image123,Judek2,and Eben 2,lets pray and ask God 4mercy to open the eyes of the heart of the op,for him to see the richness in Christ Jesus.

That is the problem with you guys> When some dares to ask simple common sense questons, Your alarms go off. You authomatical think something must be wrong with the person and then nominate yours selves to save the person from your imaginary devil.
I apprecaite your opinions but am not interested in your opium.
I have complete soveriegnty of my mind and do not need to live in any altered state of mind.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
@plaetton,

the questions have been answered.

Sir, i dont think it is a bad thing if someone ask that prayers be offered on behave of someone or a situation. i.chuka did not accuse or call the poster names he only asked he be prayed for. who doesn't need prayers? Someone must have prayed for my salvation before Jesus met my soul and i still need more prayers. Pls offer one on my behave for i need God's help all the time.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by plaetton: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Eben:
Thank you for your contributions.

I am tempted to challange you on many of you assertions, but I think it would be pointless since you and I live in two parrallel universes on religion and faith. So I dont really buy into all that adam's sin thing. If god had figured that adam was a mistake, he should have pushed the reset bottom and corrected the error or simply thrown adam into the dustbin and made another pototype. That would have made more sense than allowing the mistake to multiply into 7billion mistakes today.
Second,Forgiving sins does not allow for correction , learning and responsiblity. The fact the he keeps forgiving our sins is probably why we have not weened ourselves of sin.
Third, the supposed sacrifice of jesus does not make sense. How did the physical blood sacrfice of jesus to god(his father?) rid the world of sin? You have to believe in JUJU and blood rituals to believe that story. I dont believe in blood rituals.
The thrust of your post is similar to image123: That judgement is for non-believers only.
Both of you did not make any good case at all for individual responsiblity and conduct.
If a believer is assured of no judgment for his life, what motivates him to be kind, just, truthfull, charitable or simply put, to lead a virtous life? People cannot obey laws if are there no provisions for punishment.It  is human nature.

Eben 2:

@plaetton,

the questions have been answered.

Sir, i dont think it is a bad thing if someone ask that prayers be offered on behave of someone or a situation. i.chuka did not accuse or call the poster names he only asked he be prayed for. who doesn't need prayers? Someone must have prayed for my salvation before Jesus met my soul and i still need more prayers. Pls offer one on my behave for i need God's help all the time.
I have no need for prayers, just the discussions, I did not call any names,
Like I said, I live in different universe.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by gotizsata: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
Being prayed for is just wasting time,

Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by plaetton: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
@I.chuka,2ben,image123, et al.

Is the Christian faith primarily anchored on sacrifice and resurrection of jesus or the teachings of jesus?
Did god send jesus to teach humankind the path to spiritual salvation or did god send jesus to cleanse sin by way of his bodily sacrifice? One would have been a priority over the other.
In other words, what is more important for salvation, understanding his teachings or just believing and accepting his sacrifice?

For me, its similar to asking the question: What is or has been the most important on thge rule of law in Nigeria? Was it Gani Fawemehin the person or the the principles of justce that he faught gallantly for?
gotizsata:

Being prayed for is just wasting time,

Save that for the prayer marketplace.
I 'm not in that market(racket).
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by Eben2: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
plaetton:

@ Eben:
Thank you for your contributions.

I am tempted to challange you on many of you assertions, but I think it would be pointless since you and I live in two parrallel universes on religion and faith. So I dont really buy into all that adam's sin thing. If god had figured that adam was a mistake, he should have pushed the reset bottom and corrected the error or simply thrown adam into the dustbin and made another pototype. That would have made more sense than allowing the mistake to multiply into 7billion mistakes today.
Second,Forgiving sins does not allow for correction , learning and responsiblity. The fact the he keeps forgiving our sins is probably why we have not weened ourselves of sin.
Third, the supposed sacrifice of jesus does not make sense. How did the physical blood sacrfice of jesus to god(his father?) rid the world of sin? You have to believe in JUJU and blood rituals to believe that story. I dont believe in blood rituals.
The thrust of your post is similar to image123: That judgement is for non-believers only.
Both of you did not make any good case at all for individual responsiblity and conduct.
If a believer is assured of no judgment for his life, what motivates him to be kind, just, truthfull, charitable or simply put, to lead a virtous life? People cannot obey laws if are there no provisions for punishment.It  is human nature.

I have no need for prayers, just the discussions, I did not call any names,
Like I said, I live in different universe.

Every question you ask  here and again has been answered and they're registered in your mind. The Holy Spirit will use them to save you just as He saved me when i least expected. Amen!

{1:18}" For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. {1:19} For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. {1:20} Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? {1:21} For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. {1:22} For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: {1:23} But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;" 1 Cor 1:18 – 23

what else can i say?
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by plaetton: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Eben2:
I thanked you. This last post was needless. You have already assumed that I need some kind saving from an imaginary whatever. Same old same old. I laugh.
Thank you anyway
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by gotizsata: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
@plaetton
maybe you don't realize you are in a marketplace where Eben 2 and the like are trying to sell souls to a blood thirsty God.
A racket for souls.
The only thing that can salvage you and anyone else, is common sense and rational thinking, both of which are noticeably scarce in Nairaland.
Re: Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement by gotizsata: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Eben 2
You cannot be saved by something that does not exist. So first erase that notion from your mind.
It is written by fools, you know anyone can write anything. right? so what does "it is written" mean? let me tell, you , nothing!
It has to make sense. There is bad writing and good writing.

"what else can i say?"
well good question.
Maybe we can start, by saying, things that make sense to other people besides you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. / Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? / 2015 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.