Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss (27294 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Offpoint1: 11:11am On Mar 28
His present at the wedding...

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by prothrombin(m): 11:13am On Mar 28
Share your budget with him. Tell him what has been accomplished and what has not. There will always be something to sort out
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by naturefellow(m): 11:13am On Mar 28
soccerlite:

When I saw your tread about Deborah

I just look away
LOL
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by enemyofprogress: 11:14am On Mar 28
Tell him to give you a Bible or buy you an SUV car or sponsor your wedding reception or build a house for you and your wife.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Stevenbright(m): 11:18am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:
Greetings, I will make it short as possible.
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

If you were in shoe what will you do?

Please help me push to Fp mod

Just tell him you will appreciate what he decides to gift you because you trust his choice and willingness.

Note: Don't have too high an expectation so that you won't be disappointed at last. Just make up your mind to appreciate whatever he gives you!
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Bfly: 11:19am On Mar 28
If your plan don set, lock up
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by icankel: 11:21am On Mar 28
If u have covered everything already, I suggest you ask him to grace your occasion and if he's really a good man as u said I believe he knows what to do. But if u still have areas u haven't covered I think u should open up to him and allow him help u out.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Babscleaning(m): 11:22am On Mar 28
Just tell him to do anything he wish from his heart that's all
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:22am On Mar 28
Just tell him you want him to honour your invitation on the weddìng day!
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Blitzking: 11:23am On Mar 28
Tell him oga I thank you for uoubsupport..I have completed payment for blablabla
.Still trying to balance blablabla..it would appreciate your assistance as you d33m fit sir..
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by meditator(m): 11:23am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

Tell him to buy you a house. It's the most important thing he can get you now that u have a family to shelter.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by winner37(m): 11:24am On Mar 28
Since nothing is impossible for your boss to do , okay tell him or her that you need 10milion

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by jaxxy(m): 11:25am On Mar 28
Just ask for what u want and stop overthinking. remember it is a gift he doesn't owe u anything do be sensible that will impact not just the wedding itself which is a day but the marriage which is after the wedding.

u can draw a list of the things u want and ask him to do any of them he likes or show us then we can choose for u. Lol
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Realdeals(m): 11:25am On Mar 28
Since he's giving you blank cheque, request for a permanent accommodations (House).
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Alloyhardu(m): 11:27am On Mar 28
Just tell him if you can borrow his car grin he might just surprise you with a car gift sha
Irijosa777:

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by brightDdon(m): 11:27am On Mar 28
Phabulous4:
He had already given you a headup and budget to work with. He ask for suite and not cow or hall!!! Use your sense! Ask for money for the catering service

Bro wisdom won't leave you

Oop this is the advise you've requested.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by danzaki63: 11:28am On Mar 28
Ask him to be present at the wedding, that, that will make your day. and you know he wont come empty handed. dont let Oju kokoro make miss all.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ericmor: 11:29am On Mar 28
Just ask for his presence at your wedding and anything he does after then will be his decision because if marriage go scatter latter in the future, you will not regret asking him for too much. Be wise
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by brightDdon(m): 11:30am On Mar 28
Fahvvy:
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

This is exactly what I would say to him...
I won't present him with any list...
I won't make any request...
I won't throw any gimmicks to get cash from him...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...

Nice one Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by SalamRushdie: 11:33am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

Why would your broke boss throw open cheque
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Ironlady3: 11:33am On Mar 28
https://youtube.com/shorts/A4fN7GAN-lU?si=J4meizs8ngEDHgru please watch and subscribe also like thank you for doing that
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by writeprof(m): 11:33am On Mar 28
garriAndsugar:
A car wont be bad if you have none

That's second wife. Hope he can maintain it in this economy. grin
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by writeprof(m): 11:35am On Mar 28
Fahvvy:
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...

Good advice. He will definitely come with a cheque gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by AbuAeesha: 11:37am On Mar 28
tell him u need funds
let him decide the amount he wished to give you.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by NairalandGOAT1: 11:37am On Mar 28
Gadafii:
Somebody like me, I am always at disadvantage in situations like this, I don't know how to ask for help generally, neither do I know how to make demands when I am presented with opportunities to do so

If you ask what me "what do you want" it may take a lifetime to reply you, %99 of the time my response is always "anything from your heart is accepted and appreciated"maybe na over humble wan kill me I no understand, or the fact I hate to see my self as a burden to anyone

Even when I visit people and they ask what should I offer you, you don put me for tight corner be that, just anything, even water will do is always my response

So for you OP, ask for something within the price of that suit he asked, or simply tell him you will appreciate anything what so ever from him, that his presence at your wedding is everything that's if you already confirmed he will be there

Imagine if Solomon had not responded to God's question of "What do you want?"

Think about it and adjust yourself!

Sometimes you just have to speak up for yourself especially when the opportunity is presented to you most times on a platter BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT well except you think you don't deserve anything good from anyone!!!

For instance, imagine visiting someone and you know you are very hungry, not that you went there to eat but then the question popped up . What can we offer you? We have rice, swallow, beans even yam. We also have ice cream, chin chin and small chops just in case you are not very hungry?

Now, tell me if you will forgive yourself if you should request for water knowing fully well that you have nothing to eat at the time both home and abroad.

As for the OP, it's a different ball game and scenario altogether!

The best response have already been given by 2 persons above but I will like to support by saying that he should go with those 2. Ask your boss to honor you with his presence at your wedding because no gift can be measured to having him present at your big day.

And with the kind of Boss you already painted him to be, people like that don't go to occasions where they're invited and honored empty-handed!

So it's like killing 2 stones with one bird! I'm sure you understand.. lol

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ottersberger(m): 11:37am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

Ask for his presence, if he can afford to spare the time.
He will not come empty-handed.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by DonroxyII: 11:38am On Mar 28
Fahvvy:

If You are OverHumble In Life, You Will Missed Many Opportunities ....

Make Specific Requests Not Bogus Requests ...
Either of the following within Reasonable Budgets:

Hall-
Catering/Drinks Services
In-Laws Gifts
Honeymoon Fees ... etc
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by DenreleDave(m): 11:40am On Mar 28
If na me, I will ask for a house.... 3 bedroom flat

grin grin
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by id4sho(m): 11:41am On Mar 28
madscientist88:
if you dont know what to tell him just tell him to bless your marriage with a gift from his heart like a father would do to his son at his own will,live everything else to your God, because any sort of request now would sound selfish and might even be a honesty test,who knows? doing this would make you go on the rest of your life feeling guiltless. i mean my dad would have wanted to get me a gift on my wedding but asking me for what i want as my gift is definitely a test, because i shouldn't know what a gift is if its a gift,it should be a surprise,also you are an honest and loyal person so this is an opportunity to place the pass back to him.

May you never run out of wisdom
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ozehlaw: 11:48am On Mar 28
Your boss na correct guy

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Oosa4sure: 11:49am On Mar 28
A car or a parcel of land so you and ur husd cul start a building of URS if you haven't, blessings to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! / Airport Guards Who Returned Bag Of Dollars, Finally Honoured. Photos / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.