Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss (27287 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Skypeak: 11:49am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:
Greetings, I will make it short as possible.
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

If you were in shoe what will you do?

Please help me push to Fp mod

If am in ur shoes I will kindly tell him sir, what ever will make u happy and make me happy do unto me. Long story short.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Stormyweather(m): 11:50am On Mar 28
Irijosa777:
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

make him the chairman of your occasion.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Jman06(m): 11:51am On Mar 28
soccerlite:

When I saw your tread about Deborah

I just look away
He was very right in that thread. Imagine if a handful of Christian youths had come to Deborah's rescue at the time, it is very likely that she could have been saved.

But Christians in this country are so emasculated and it is getting worse! 'Islamizing' this country is just a matter of small time from the look of things!
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ObiOkpor(m): 11:52am On Mar 28
Ask him to be your wedding chairman
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by STYCNig(m): 11:53am On Mar 28
!
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Skypeak: 11:53am On Mar 28
If am in your shoes I will kindly tell him sir, what ever will make u happy and make me happy give unto me.🙏😍 long story short.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by TrackerSK: 11:56am On Mar 28
The most important thing, hope you are marrying a virgin?
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by civilserva: 11:56am On Mar 28
Since he is rich, don't short change yourself. Demand for a Bungalow
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Sotland: 11:57am On Mar 28
Fahvvy:
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

This is exactly what I would say to him...
I won't present him with any list...
I won't make any request...
I won't throw any gimmicks to get cash from him...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...

Nice one. In this case, i would ask not just his presence but that of his friends and business associates to grace my day...
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Gadafii: 11:57am On Mar 28
NairalandGOAT1:

Imagine if Solomon had not responded to God's question of "What do you want?"

Think about it and adjust yourself!

Sometimes you just have to speak up for yourself especially when the opportunity is presented to you most times on a platter BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT well except you think you don't deserve anything good from anyone!!!

For instance, imagine visiting someone and you know you are very hungry, not that you went there to eat but then the question popped up . What can we offer you? We have rice, swallow, beans even yam. We also have ice cream, chin chin and small chops just in case you are not very hungry?

Now, tell me if you will forgive yourself if you should request for water knowing fully well that you have nothing to eat at the time both home and abroad.

As for the OP, it's a different ball game and scenario altogether!

The best response have already been given by 2 persons above but I will like to support by saying that he should go with those 2. Ask your boss to honor you with his presence at your wedding because no gift can be measured to having him present at your big day.

And with the kind of Boss you already painted him to be, people like that don't go to occasions where they're invited and honored empty-handed!

So it's like killing 2 stones with one bird! I'm sure you understand.. lol
you have given me option to choose from, that makes it easier for me and the person offering

Otherwise, if you ask without options, I will quietly tell you anything you can afford

Besides what God can offer is different from what men can offer, if God asks me what do I want, be rest assured I won't hold back

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Tapout(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28
garriAndsugar:
A car wont be bad if you have none

Lol...the fact that his Boss thought about getting him a suit should let you know he is working with a budget. You come dey mention car. you fit buy am for am sha,That one sef no go bad.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by kelvinalvin1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28
[b]Let him increase your salary or give you a promotion in the firm....#futuristic #children[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

[/b]

Irijosa777:

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by fredopareto(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
Tell him anything will be appropriated.. If the work don tire you,tell him 50m wont be a bad idea😎
instead make d Oga vacate his seat
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Agunesinjaweola: 12:12pm On Mar 28
Just tell him to do as he pleases and you'll thank me later.
Don't ask for any specific things.
He would ponder and give you what his heart desires.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by TenQ: 12:15pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

Since he has given you an open check, he must really like you.

Ask him that you will appreciate any Asset from him like land, house, bonds or company shares according to what he has to give you (his capacity).

Phrase your grammar very well o!
First appreciate his fatherly role and his love and concern over you
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by SojiCash(m): 12:16pm On Mar 28
Think9ja:
Present a list of things to him and tell him to choose the one he can afford

1. Cow
2. Feeding of guests
3. Renting of hall or canopies
4. Drinks

Let him choose any of these 3 to support you

No go do pass yourself o

And by the way, na wedding abi marriage?

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Onovo10: 12:20pm On Mar 28
I hope it is not clout chasing.ask for a promotion or financial support for the wedding.if he has been good to you,don't be greedy but if he is a bad boss,be over greedy.be wise and measure your requests based on how his antecedents are..
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Gandrova: 12:20pm On Mar 28
Don't asked him anything, just tell him to do what his heart desires.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Gandrova: 12:21pm On Mar 28
TenQ:

Since he has given you an open check, he must really like you.

Ask him that you will appreciate any asset from him like land, house, bonds or company shares according to what he has to give you (his capacity).

Phrase your grammar very well o!
First appreciate his fatherly role and his love and concern over you
Kai Bros grin

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Juliearth(f): 12:24pm On Mar 28
budaatum:

Don't ask for anything. Tell him that the fact he has asked you what you want is a gift enough in it's self, and you are grateful for it.

The wisdom of this would become apparent to you in the future.

Hopefully, you've already invited asked him to your wedding next week.

I would do this too if I was in your shoes, op. Not necessarily as an act of reverse psychology, but a future investment. Doing this would make your boss see you in a different light and that itself, is a door opener.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Killermamba: 12:46pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

just tell him what ever his spirit tells him to do

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by slan87(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28
Bro abeg use your sense, this is more like another interview for you. In order to keep your job after the wedding, don't ask him for anything.

Just let him know his presence alone at the view is worth more than a gift but if he really wants to gift you something then anything he wishes from the bottom of his heart is OK with you.

With this, you just gave yourself more dignity

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:51pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

Don't you have what need?

Why are you afraid to ask?

Don't waste opportunity fa.

Ask for start up business fund for your wife.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by DaniellaDokubo(f): 12:59pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

If I were in your shoes, I would approach the situation with gratitude and humility. It's important to appreciate the generosity and kindness of your boss while also being mindful of not appearing greedy. Here's a suggestion on how to handle the conversation:

1. Express gratitude: Start the conversation by expressing your gratitude for your boss's kind offer and his interest in supporting you during your marriage.

2. Be specific about your needs: Clearly communicate your specific needs related to the wedding. For example, you could mention any financial assistance you require for specific wedding expenses such as catering, venue, or decorations.

3. Avoid excessive demands: While your boss may be financially capable, it's important to be reasonable and avoid appearing greedy. Focus on asking for support within the boundaries of what you genuinely need.

4. Highlight your appreciation for his generosity: Emphasize your appreciation for his philanthropy and his willingness to bless people. Acknowledge that any support he provides will be greatly valued and make a positive impact on your wedding.

5. Maintain professionalism: Remember to maintain a professional demeanor throughout the conversation. Show respect, gratitude, and appreciation for the opportunity to work in his company.

By approaching the conversation with gratitude, humility, and a genuine appreciation for your boss's kindness, you can navigate the situation in a respectful manner.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by BrutusOj(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28
Fahvvy:
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...
There is so much wisdom in the above post, if the said boss is as big as the Op made us know, he can surprise Op with a car or even a house on the wedding day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by DaniellaDokubo(f): 1:07pm On Mar 28
Fahvvy:

Imagine he says, well I had thought you were really in need of support, courtesy of your paygrade. No problems I will be around.

Your wife-to-be will just divorce you straight up.

I'm kidding

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by davidtemi(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28
Do not ask for anything jor (Except he does same to everyone)
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by blaise26abj(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

Ask for more responsibility and a promotion . DO NOT ask for a gift .
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Zeezenho: 1:27pm On Mar 28
Tell him his presence will be your best gift make him feel important and special every other thing will follow.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Daniel7543: 1:39pm On Mar 28
Fahvvy:

I swear u are 💯% right.
OP, follow dis advice.
I remember when I elder brother was about to do his wedding, he had similar offer like dis, but the said helper wasn’t his boss but a family friend, my dad’s friend. The man get money scatter.
My elder brother was wise enough to give him exactly dis reply when he offered to help.
When baba showed up at the wedding, he came with his wife sef… my brother treated dem well... The man signed a Cheque of #1.5M right there at the wedding and codedly gave it to my brother.

Many people no understand this logic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by bobkezel(m): 1:55pm On Mar 28
Tell him to build a befitting mansion for you as soon as possible so you can have your honeymoon in your new house.
Or you can tell him to arrange Canada visa for you so you can have your honeymoon in Canada.
🚶 🚶 🚶 🚶 🚶
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ksbusari(m): 2:02pm On Mar 28
Phabulous4:
He had already given you a headup and budget to work with. He ask for suite and not cow or hall!!! Use your sense! Ask for money for the catering service
U dey reason well o. He has been given a budget already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! / Airport Guards Who Returned Bag Of Dollars, Finally Honoured. Photos / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.