Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship (3364 Views)

I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:04pm On Mar 27
The person that said "fear woman" was right. Fear that gender and trust them at your own risk.

Let me share my story anonymously. Although I have accepted my fate and moved on but will want others to learn from my experience.

I started dating this delta Igbo girl since 2018.
She was just preparing for her NYSC back then while I was working in the power sector.

We had a very good relationship and bonded well. Late 2022 (four yrs into the relationship), I decided it was time to take the relationship serious and meet with her people.

She happily accepted and told me to reach out to her mom, which I did.

To cut the long story short, I met with some of her family members and made my intention known to them. They welcomed me well and told me they will get back to me with their feedback.

Since October 2022 that I made my intention know to the family, they were delaying the whole arrangement while giving me silly excuses.

I kept my cool because during this period, the girl was not giving me any cause for alarm. I believe her story that her family members didn't want her good (her dad is late).

Last year June,, she took in for me which I accepted and was glad about the whole thing...so I started putting pressure on her about the wedding, so that the wedding can be done before the pregnancy become very obvious , I never suspecting any foul play from her.

To my greatest shock and surprise. On the 11th of February, I just had a strong urge to go visit her family. Getting there I saw them having a party. I inquired of her what was happening. She said her aunt was doing hosting. I will abit relax but still disturbed within me. They gave me food and drinks which I accepted. I was just not comfortable within me. I called some of the persons that were present at the party and inquired of them. Lol and Behold another guy has come to do introduction for my girl

To be continued...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
■ To my greatest shock and surprise. On the 11th of February, I just had a strong urge to go visit her family. Getting there I saw them having a party. I inquired of her what was happening. She said her aunt was doing hosting. I will abit relax but still disturbed within me. They gave me food and drinks which I accepted. I was just not comfortable within me. I called some of the persons that were present at the party and inquired of them. Lol and Behold another guy has come to do introduction for my girl To be continued...
Congratulate her on her love and marriage and move on abeg! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:11pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:
Congratulate her on her love and marriage and move on abeg! lipsrsealed
That's the spirit, but did you read the part where I said she took in?

2 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by phorget(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27
So you work in power sector? Hope say no be people swear catch you so?🤷‍♂️

10 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:17pm On Mar 27
phorget:
So you work in power sector? Hope say no be people swear catch you so?🤷‍♂️
Lol..You prefer make I jobless

4 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Zonefree(m): 10:17pm On Mar 27
They gave me food and drinks which I accepted

You chop and drink for your babe introduction? shocked

I lack words to describe you.

17 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
That's the spirit, but did you read the part when I said she took in?
I did but the gal and her parents probably got tired of waiting while you dragged your feet on making a final decision and decided it best to move on. You got her pregnant before marrying her. Did you think that meant she could not move on or what? undecided

If I had a daughter or son, I would not advise her or him to wait around on anyone when it comes to realizing a personal dream or desire. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by phorget(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
Lol..You prefer make I jobless

Make you dey manage am bros but no follow dem if light o abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:27pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:
I did but the gal and her parents probably got tired of waiting while you dragged your feet on making a final decision and decided it best to move on. You got her pregnant before marrying her. Did you think that meant she could not move on or what? undecided

If I had a daughter or son, I would not advise her or him to wait around on anyone when it comes to realizing a personal dream or desire. lipsrsealed
Are you sure you read the writeup? It was written with English language. I already visited the family since 2022 to make my intention know to them long before the pregnancy came into play. They were the one dragging their feet. Pls read again. Slowly and comprehend.

19 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
■ Are you sure you read the writeup? It was written with English language. I already visited the family since 2022 to make my intention know to them long before the pregnancy came into play. They were the one dragging their feet. Pls read again. Slowly and comprehend.
I guess you were not clear that they were the ones dragging their feet. The way I see it, if a man and woman are truly in love, and both ready to become one, nothing stops them from registering their marriage in the courts and moving forward. You said the parents were dragging their feet but that didn't stop you from impregnating the gal without first seeking their consent, so? undecided
Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:31pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:

Your chop and drink for your babe introduction? shocked

I lack words to describe you.
maybe I did not construct the story well. Imagine paying a random visit to your fiance's family house and met a party. You inquired what was going on and was told they are doing hosting. They offered you food and drink. Will you reject.

She told me it was hosting, her aunty hosted some people. Pls read and comprehend

3 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Zonefree(m): 10:34pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
maybe I did not construct the story well. Imagine paying a random visit to your fiance's family house and met a party. You inquired what was going on and was told they are doing hosting. They offered you food and drink. Will you reject.

She told me it was hosting, her aunty hosted some people. Pls read and comprehend
You were not invited prior to the hosting, yet you sat down to eat and drink? undecided

You must be SIMPly amazing, the reason they dribbled you.

3 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:35pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:
I guess you were not clear that they were the ones dragging their feet. The way I see it, if a man and woman are truly in love, and both ready to become one, nothing stops them from registering their marriage in the courts and moving forward. You said the parents were dragging their feet but that didn't stop you from impregnating the gal without first seeking their consent, so? undecided
I did seek their consent. Carried drink to the family and visited the mother also. Nobody told me they are not in support of our union. They were just giving one silly excuses or the other. Delaying the whole process without a definite Yes or No. Try to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:38pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:

You were not invited prior to the hosting, yet you sat down to eat and drink? undecided

Everyone is tough online. Your supposed inlaw will offer you drink and you will reject it. C'on man. I'm not hungry o.

12 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
■ I did seek their consent. Carried drink to the family and visited the mother also. Nobody told me they are not in support of our union. They were just giving one silly excuses or the other. Delaying the whole process without a definite Yes or No. Try to understand.
I do understand what you are saying. But, you didn't wait for consent before impregnating her. Then you went back to waiting for consent afterward. If my child was in a similar situation, I wouldn't hold it against her if she decided moving on was best. undecided

I think it is best you accept what has happened and look for a way to move on instead. undecided
Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by wunmi590(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27

I plaster
Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Jman06(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:

Good that you have stated that it's a "story" and that you ''constructed" it. Super story for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Zonefree(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
Everyone is tough online. Your supposed inlaw will offer you drink and you will reject it. C'on man. I'm not hungry o.
You were not invited prior to the event is enough reason for you to leave immediately.

But, as a hungry man, they offered you seat, food and drink, you accepted not knowing it's your beloved pregnant babe's introduction.

You're a disgrace to humanity. It's more noble to have a bandit as a son than to have you as a son. Tueh! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:55pm On Mar 27
Let me continue the story; many persons seems to be getting the narrative wrong. Although I'm not a story teller, so try to read slowly, comprehend before replying.

To continue...I was now speaking with the uncle she stays with (He was the first person I went to visit with drink and declared my intention to marry her last two yrs) I asked what was going on, I need clarification as I don't understand. He replied that he was shocked to have seen me that he thought me and her were no longer together. Saying that he told her to tell me that family did not accept me because of my ethnicity (I'm Edo). This girl didn't tell me anything, totally kept me in the dark and none of her family members told me anything like that. I became furious and the Uncle reacted aggressively, telling me to leave his house.

The next day 12th February, I matched back to the house with my soldier friend to ask her about the welfare of the unborn child,this girl replied that she thought she was pregnant but she's not. Omoh, how can someone be thinking she's pregnant for 7months? I spent money to Register her for antenatal, do send money for provisions,buy fruits and all that. It was obvious she had aborted the pregnancy.

I wanted to take it up with her but family advise I let go of everything and move on. People can be wicked sha. Her reason for all these was that family did not want their daughter to marry from Edo

13 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:56pm On Mar 27
Jman06:
Good that you have stated that it's a "story" and that you ''constructed" it. Super story for that matter!
Oga, believe whatever you want to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Klass99(f): 10:58pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:

Can you please learn to STFU and stop displaying your stupidity all over the forum. The guy's story is clear and easy to understand.

There is no greater simp than a man who does nothing for a living except to run his mouth waaaa on a public forum, always rushing to comment foolishly and asking if he can send or drop aza for hand outs. That simp is no other person but you.

Unlike you the OP has a job in the power sector and does something worthwhile for a living. What exactly do you do for a living besides being foolish on NL.

And when they gave birth to you some people probably gathered round to celebrate and give thanks. They didn't know what a complete waste of sperm and egg you would turn out to be.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 10:59pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:

You were not invited prior to the event is enough reason for you to leave immediately.

But, as a hungry man, they offered you seat, food and drink, you accepted not knowing it's your beloved pregnant babe's introduction.

You're a disgrace to humanity. It's more noble to have a bandit as a son than to have you as a son. Tueh! embarassed
I don't have time to be dragging words with you. I probably could pay your full year salary and not wink.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Zonefree(m): 11:00pm On Mar 27
Klass99:

Can you please learn to STFU and stop displaying your stupidity all over the forum. The guy's story is clear and easy to understand.

There is no greater simp than a man who does nothing for a living except to run his mouth waaaa on a public forum, always rushing to comment foolishly and asking if he can drop aza for hand outs. That simp is no other person but you.

Unlike you the OP has a job in the power sector and does something worthwhile for a living. What exactly do you do for a living, besides being foolish on NL.

And when they gave birth to you some people probably gathered to celebrate and give thanks. They didn't know what a complete waste of sperm and egg you will turn out to be.
K

1 Like

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
■ Let me continue the story; many persons seems to be getting the narrative wrong. Although I'm not a story teller, so try to read slowly, comprehend before replying.
To continue...I was now speaking with the uncle she stays with (He was the first person I went to visit with drink and declared my intention to marry her last two yrs) I asked what was going on, I need clarification as I don't understand. He replied that he was shocked to have seen me that he thought me and her were no longer together. Saying that he told her to tell me that family did not accept me because of my ethnicity (I'm Edo). This girl didn't tell me anything, totally kept me in the dark and none of her family members told me anything like that. I became furious and the Uncle reacted aggressively, telling me to leave his house.
The next day 12th February, I matched back to the house with my soldier friend to ask her about the warfare of the unborn child,this girl replied that she thought she was pregnant but she's not. Omoh, how can someone be thinking she's pregnant for 7months? I spent money to Register her for antenatal, do send money for provisions,buy fruits and all that. It was obvious she had aborted the pregnancy.
I wanted to take it up with her but family advise I let go of everything and move on. People can be wicked sha. Her reason for all these was that family did not want their daughter to marry from Edo
Was your relationship with her some sort of long-distance relationship or what? undecided

So, her parents rejected you two years ago, but you never heard about it because you relied on the gal to relate the final decision from her parents to you but she lied? And she equally lied about being 7 months pregnant, a pregnancy you had been funding but didn't see for an entire 7-month period? undecided

If she lied to you for over 2 years, and even about the pregnancy, then you really should try to move on from this as soon as you can. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 11:07pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:
Was your relationship with her some sort of long-distance relationship or what? undecided

So, her parents rejected you two years ago, but you never heard about it because you relied on the gal to relate the final decision from her parents to you but she lied? And she equally lied about being 7 months pregnant, a pregnancy you had been funding but didn't see for an entire 7-month period? undecided

If she lied to you for over 2 years, and even about the pregnancy, then you really should try to move on from this as soon as you can. undecided
It was not a long distance relationship, I was always visiting her aunty she stayed with. I do call her sister we do gist. I even bought food stuff for the family this past December for Christmas. We were together in my house fews days to this introduction. We even chatted the morning of that introduction and we arranged to meet that very day 11th of February which was a Sunday.

It was just a strong urge within me, like am intuition that pushed me to go visit the family that very day. There was no single reason to have suspected such a thing was going on.

12 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 11:09pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:

As for the pregnancy, it was real. We visited my mum when she was 5 months gone and my mum confirmed it. I registered her for antenatal and her that. It was obviously aborted

2 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Klass99(f): 11:09pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
I did seek their consent. Carried drink to the family and visited the mother also. Nobody told me they are not in support of our union. They were just giving one silly excuses or the other. Delaying the whole process without a definite Yes or No. Try to understand.

Quit explaining yourself to people who want to be deliberately dunce. Your original post is simple and easy enough to understand.

19 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
As for the pregnancy, it was real. We visited my mum when she was 5 months gone and my mum confirmed it. I registered her for antenatal and her that. It was obviously aborted
WOW! So, after what you have said so far, how sure are you the pregnancy is yours? and what do you intend to do at this point? Force her to conduct a DNA test so you can have and share custody with her even with her supposedly married to someone else? undecided

Wait a minute.... it was aborted? Well, be glad you didn't have to share custody of your child with a woman who probably made up her mind to move on long before you discovered. shocked

1 Like

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 11:14pm On Mar 27
Kobojunkie:
WOW! So, after what you have said so far, how sure are you the pregnancy is yours? and what do you intend to do at this point? Force her to conduct a DNA test so you can have and share custody with her even with her supposedly married to someone else? undecided
What is your problem self...is comprehension that difficult for you. I said it was aborted and you are speaking of DNA

9 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Mar 27
Irreplaceable01:
What is your problem self...is comprehension that difficult for you. I said it was aborted and you are speaking of DNA
I just updated my comment on that. grin
Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by Irreplaceable01: 11:16pm On Mar 27
Klass99:

Quit explaining yourself to people who want to be deliberately dunce. Your original post is simple and easy enough to understand.
Thank God there are still intelligent minds here. I kept going back to the post to see if there was a mistake with the writeup.

22 Likes

Re: Walked Into The Introduction Ceremony Of My 6yrs Relationship by tommy589(m): 11:17pm On Mar 27
I can not imagine how you feel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Love With My Mother In Law / Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? / MOTHERS PLS Advise:how Did U Wean Ur Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.