Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? (3367 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by MrsChima(f): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
I am curious.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by DickDastardly(m): 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yeah its a sweet thing cool
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by quantumphysics(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
on a serious note, if the divergence of a Sin x graph is (0>x>2rads), then f(x)= x/(x-1)... which gives an impossible probability..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Tymax(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
It's hard for me to be friends with married women. Some friends of mine who are now married women have complained that I have grown distant. sad

Marriage changes a woman in ways I don't understand. It's like I sense the change and unconsciously grow formal to them.

6 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
As a married peep, why the heck should you put yourself in a compromising situation like this?

Now check this:

- As friends, If you are always seen together in public, it will give the wrong impression.

- If you habitually stay alone on the phone or in person, you will subject yourselves to the temptation of an emotional or physical affair.

So me think one should avoid comprising situations like this as much as possible. Same sex friends are much better and marriage friendly.

9 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Tallesty1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Casual friends doesn't hurt but keeping close male friends is 50% possible and 100% dangerous. Firs: If your husband discovers what is going on... He may not understand.....even if it is innocent..... So you will end up driving a problem into your happy home.

Friends seeing you two will not understand, so your are damaging your own good name.

2nd: When a married person is very comfortable with you, she will start telling you about the problems she is facing in her marriage. The man will try to be nice to her(which is very dangerous) because even if the two aren’t looking to further relationships, after a certain amount of quality bonding time is spent together, feelings may develop naturally without control over it. What do you do when your friend starts developing feelings for you? It will put you in a tight conner, you will not want to cheat on your husband and you will not want to ruin your friendship or hurt your good friend. Shit happens remember.

It is trouble if you become emotionally attached to him and it is hell if he becomes emmotionally attached to you.

9 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by egopersonified(f): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
Why not?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
If the husband is ok with it, why not?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by beeevan: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
No need for them.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
as acquintances? yes
freinds ? No
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
Err, I don't know!
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by floranbee1(f): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
As a married woman,I believe I don't need any male friend that is single,for what sef?They could be an acquaintance and nothing more.Infact most of the male friends I made back then in the institution are married and there's a kind of distance now because their family is more important than any other thing as mine is very important to me than any kind of friendship.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by floranbee1(f): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
As a married woman,I believe I don't need any male friend that is single,for what sef?They could be an acquaintance and nothing more.Infact most of the male friends I made back then in the institution are married and there's a kind of distance now because their families are more important than any other thing as mine is very important to me than any kind of friendship.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Natasha2(f): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2014
undecided Why not? What's the big deal
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by itstpia1: 2:11am On Aug 24, 2014
What would a single male friend do that a married male friend would not also do?

6 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2014
Things can probably get outta hand and transform into something else. Now that I think of it, It's even more complicated than I first thought. Risky...
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by SAMBARRY: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2014
Depends on individuals
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by smokescreen4: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
I guess it won't be an issue when it's the other way round.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by ifyalways(f): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
Should single males keep married women as friends?
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
ifyalways: Should single males keep married women as friends?

Nope. Her husband is enough friends than she would ever need. We can talk and chat about issues once in a while with the understanding that her husband knows me. But being friends? Never.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by baralatie(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
MrsChima: I am curious.
curiosity kills the cat!
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Atmmachine(m): 1:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Not at all..

What does she need a male friend for ?? as a spiritual leader,a juju priest,a second friend
You cannot be friends with a male & not give him sex, is his dicckk glued
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2014
I don't see why not,what's special about a single male friend, that a married male friend cant do...bottom line is the woman is keeping male friends outside her home....yes,there are mature women who can deal with male friends . They know when to set boundaries...they know their limits. ..I have more male friends than female friends, and since I got married,some are married,some are still single, most of the single ones have kept in touch, calling for advice on what to do when they just meet a lady etc .......the married ones call or ping when there are issues at home, and we share ideas,and learn from ourselves . The key thing here is morality, maturity and respect.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by jumxix(f): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
There is nothing bad in it
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nothing wrong with maintaining your already established r/ships with single male friends.
---As long as they're just friendships and your hubby is cool with them.

---If the tables were turned, would you be fine with him having single female friends?
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
I dislike married woman's company,I don't relate with them beyond formal relationship,reasons best known to me.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Well...it depends...
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by kreamidiva(f): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Single male friends, married male friends ... all na the same.

Is this the original MrsChima?
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by Brite02(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
friends?
single male friends?

please if you cant handle it, dont start what you cant finish.
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by MrsChima(f): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
kreamidiva: Single male friends, married male friends ... all na the same.

Is this the original MrsChima?

the only and only! Hey suga! grin
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by MrsChima(f): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Brite02: friends?
single male friends?

please if you cant handle it, dont start what you cant finish.

say who?
Re: Should Married Women Have Single Male Friends? by kreamidiva(f): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
MrsChima:

the only and only! Hey suga! grin

Hey. Where have u been and how is MrChima and the kids?

Best regards....

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Elder Sister Keeps Driving Me Nuts. / My Husband Is Worse Than A PIG / Kobojunkie and Calloti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.