Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti (23829 Views)

Cost Of Healthy Diet In Nigeria Up ₦‎982 In March – NBS / Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) / Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by fa4dmike(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30
why are the politicians allocating billions per month for feeding? triple that amount cant feed an adult a day.

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by ArewaNightmare: 5:52pm On Mar 30
grin RONU
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Mandate1: 5:52pm On Mar 30
mariahAngel:
That is false.
It'll cost an adult more than that to have a healthy meal in the present Nigeria.
I wonder whr they got that stuff from.

3 Likes

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by osazsky(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30
Hope it's also wat our senators spend per meal
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Musisco01(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30
Maybe the OP is talking of drinking garri three times a day at 1280... if not, where in this contraption called Nigeria is a balance diet that cheap?

2 Likes

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Skty: 6:06pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
That's about 31 meals a month based on minimum wage.

Do u eat once a day? Hungry man spotted ... APC supporter spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by OCHKESTINE(m): 6:08pm On Mar 30
How the NBS manage to come up with these twisted and u realistic statistics baffles me.

This should've been per states.
You can't compare cost of living at a flat rate. PH is higher than Lagos, Kogi is more expensive than Abuja.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by TossTos: 6:08pm On Mar 30
My question is , what are the healthy diet to buy at that rate ..
You dey whine ..
Wahala Wahala
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by udomonday: 6:15pm On Mar 30
Thundafireseun:

Asaba Delta state should be higher than #1200 per meal …. But let’s do the maths using #1200

#1200*3= #3600 per day….

#3600* 30days=#108,000 per person a month

Imagine a family of four….(Husband, wife and two kids)

I sincerely pity civil servants
do they still eat thrice a day in this country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Magnetic010: 6:19pm On Mar 30
Thundafireseun:

Asaba Delta state should be higher than #1200 per meal …. But let’s do the maths using #1200

#1200*3= #3600 per day….

#3600* 30days=#108,000 per person a month

Imagine a family of four….(Husband, wife and two kids)

I sincerely pity civil servants
na civil servants you pity? What about those working in private sector as barmen,waiters waitresses e.t.c with salary of less than 30k monthly....Nigeria is fuucked sometimes I wonder how Nigerians are surviving

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Slimplush: 6:19pm On Mar 30
Sirchiboy:
Just find blood tonic and be drinking to compensate for loss
you can't take blood tonic without eating like a bastard, I'm currently taking de deons blood tonic, I just eat like person wey no get future.... I have dedicate this week and next week to that sha, I'm stopping it afterwards!.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by blowjohn(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30
Rice 2000
Chicken 2700
Plantain 500
Moi moi 700
Water 300
Coleslaw 500

Or

Eba(2wraps) 800
Edikang ikong soup 2000
Goat meat 2500
Water 300
Orange juice 1000

So what the hell are they saying?

Do they know how much fisherman's soup that has different species of water creatures is?

Or white soup for that matter?

One avocado pear in Abuja is about 700 naira.

To eat better food with all the right 'quality' nutrients u need at least 7k.

I no want even mention crabs, shrimps and lobsters or oysters

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by mariahAngel(f): 6:27pm On Mar 30
Mandate1:
I wonder whr they got that stuff from.

In their delusion, that's where.

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Growing(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30
A healthy diet in my areas is not less than N2,500.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Foreverly02: 6:31pm On Mar 30
pretydiva:
Some group of people will just sit in one corner and come up with some baseless statistics undecided

True
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Myrepublic(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30
Stupid stats.

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Scholes007(m): 6:43pm On Mar 30
Böllé N600
Rice without #600

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by TotoIsGud4boy: 6:46pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
Katsina averaged N637.

That's so impressive. Your definition must be very high in standard then.

Meal is just balanced diet in a sense and not fastfood pack.
lol you’re so slow in the head

2 Likes

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by iyerebenita993: 6:48pm On Mar 30
Make me understand

Per meal or per day??
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by rilChilz: 7:01pm On Mar 30
mariahAngel:
That is false.
It'll cost an adult more than that to have a healthy meal in the present Nigeria.
dont you know the meaning of 'average' ?
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by mariahAngel(f): 7:13pm On Mar 30
rilChilz:

dont you know the meaning of 'average' ?

Do you not know the meaning of "healthy diet"?

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Honestey: 7:25pm On Mar 30
[b] If a minimum wage is to be based on this healthy food, I'm sure unhealthy reaction will follow from government. Let's just be realistic and accept unhealthy meal of 300 per person. A civil servant with a wife and 2 kid (assuming he has no any dependant) will spend not less than N3,600 per day and (N3,600x30) N108,000 per month . Now let's factor in the unavoidable daily expenses on transport and some other like house rent and school fees. God forbid the need for spending on health issues, but is it that possible? The fact is if minimum wage is just N180,000 yes workers will appreciate it but they will still be looking for what they can steal so they too can build a house of their own, buy a car and be responsible for the aged people in the family. I've not talked about desire to wear new clothes during festivals and the occasional needs to change shoes because we can't say that is avoidable too.
Dear civil servants, if minimum wage is less than N180k even for a Local Government staff, keep stealing, all your sins are on the neck of your employers[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by correctguy101(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
That's about 31 meals a month based on minimum wage.

And a meal a day for 31days.. grin

Thunder fire wahala..

Smh

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by palsenator(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
Katsina averaged N637.

Can you even get an "unbalanced diet " for 1000 per day? Not per meal, per day? Even my children eat more than that daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by mariahAngel(f): 7:37pm On Mar 30
correctguy101:

And a meal a day for 31days.. grin

Thunder fire wahala..

Smh

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha gringrin
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by sonnie10: 7:42pm On Mar 30
WHO defined poverty as living bellow one dollar a day.. I think something is not adding up here, if healthy diet is below one dollar in Nigeria
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by eazye4u133(m): 7:59pm On Mar 30
yemmit90:
This kind of joke should be thrown in the dustbin.

An healthy diet per serve is not less than #3000, let alone per day.
you are right! I spend an average of 1700 for a good meal, X3 of it should be around 5k.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by CodeTemplar: 8:00pm On Mar 30
TotoIsGud4boy:

lol you’re so slow in the head
Thank you. I have no familiar spirit to seek for help.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by frank2zee: 8:40pm On Mar 30
It's sad seeing a federal agency lie on a matter that's very glaring to the eyes of everybody just to deceive the people and make it look like all is well.

This data should not in anyway affect the minimum wage negotiations because its fake.
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by Weany: 8:48pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
Katsina averaged N637.

Bro or sis,
Banana alone is between 500-1500
Sour sop is average 3000
Grapes, berries, average about 4500
Chicken is about 2000

So if a healthy diet is a balance diet, how possible is it to have one for 1300 average?? And this is not about Ewa and garri oo.

1 Like

Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by vikstandon(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30
CodeTemplar:
Katsina averaged N637.

Do acknowledged that one can get a healthy meal per day at that price?
Re: Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti by CodeTemplar: 9:43pm On Mar 30
Weany:

Bro or sis,
Banana alone is between 500-1500
Sour sop is average 3000
Grapes, berries, average about 4500
Chicken is about 2000

So if a healthy diet is a balance diet, how possible is it to have one for 1300 average?? And this is not about Ewa and garri oo.
balanced diet is about right proportion of key nutrition that can support an adult and not about what a senior muncher can consume. Many people forget that too soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Artise Maame Engages In Chewing Gum Marathon To Set Guinness World Records / Kerrygold Avantage Is Showcasing Exciting Ways Irish Dairy Can Be Enjoyed / Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.