Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US (8186 Views)

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 / Onyi Echegini Moves To Juventus. / Ajibade, Kanu, Oshoala Nominated For CAF Women’s Player Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 12:15pm On Mar 31
Super Falcons midefielder, Jennifer Onyi Echegini (JOE) has now scored 8 goals in 8 Serie A League games since joining Juventus this January.

Highlights: Juventus 4-0 Fiorentina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnGLPp_EbwY?si=kX7vBBZbPOAkjeiM

BIANCONERE HIT FIORENTINA FOR FOUR

30 MARCH 2024

Juventus Women returned to winning ways in emphatic fashion in Biella on Saturday afternoon, putting four without response past Fiorentina. The Bianconere succesfully avenged the recent Italian Cup semi-final and put eight points between themselves in second place and the Viola in third.

TACTICAL CHOICES

Giuseppe Zappella shuffled his deck for this one, and opted for Sara Gama from the start at right-back, with Martina Lenzini shifting into the centre to accompany Viola Calligaris. Leading the line of attack, Joe Echegini returned to take her position from the start in support of Cristiana Girelli, Lineth Beeresnteyn and Lindsey Thomas.

A SPRINT START

The first chance fell the way of Fiorentina but Pauline Peyraud-Magnin had an answer for Madelen Janogy's effort, and not too much longer had passed by the time the Bianconere got their noses in front thanks to a beauty from Julia Grosso. Picking the ball up on the edge of the area, she perfectly picked out the top corner of Rachele Baldi's goal with a finish similar to her strike in the 5-0 win at home to Inter earlier this season.

Moments later the lead was doubled, with Joe Echegini instantly justifying the decision to start her. Some excellent work on the left from Beerensteyn ended with a cutback that landed right on the Nigerian's boot, and she made no mistake in dispatching from in front of goal.

JOE TAKES CENTRE STAGE, AND THE MATCH BALL

The break served as respite for Fiorentina, but Juventus came out in the second half with the same desire they had shown in the first. Echegini made it 3-0 shortly after the restart, and she sealed her first hat-trick with the Bianconere just a few short minutes later again.

It could have even ended 5-0, but Beerensteyn was denied by Baldi late on.

Now the Bianconere break away on international duty before returning with a huge game away against Roma as the Poule Scudetto takes off.

With more performances like today's, anything is possible. Well done, ladies!

POST-MATCH COMMENTS

GIUSEPPE ZAPPELLA

“The rest week really allowed us to work calmly and focus on playing more directly, which is one of the things we’re best at. We raised our intensity on the pitch, especially after our opening goal, but today I really liked how we defended. The girls were, especially in the second half, compact and worked well by helping each other. Then, when we play direct football, we know how to do damage.

“We have [Martina] Lenzini who I believe is the best centre-back in Italy, and I’ll try to play her there more often. Besides her, the whole team has a lot to offer, just look at the performance of captain [Sara] Gama today. In short, there were a lot of positives and defending is something that requires the whole team.

“Joe [Echegini] has scored eight goals in just a few weeks. She’s a quiet girl, her smiles are good for us, and she scores goals. Honestly, we don’t know what her ceiling is.

“This win gives us some reassurances after more than a month without a win. We’re very happy.”

JOE ECHEGINI

“I’m, firstly, really excited and I want to give props to my team. For every one of those goals, we all worked for it and they’re great team goals. I really just had to put myself in the position and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them.

“I’m really excited to have had the opportunity to be able to show what I can do, that makes me happy. I just want to make the most out of any opportunity I get, whether I score or not I want to be able to make an impact and I’m glad to have done that today.

"I know my strengths. Last year I scored 16 goals and knowing that I always try to put myself in the best position to score, that’s one of my best attributes and I want to make use of it as best I can.”

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/bianconere-hit-fiorentina-for-four

4th picture: Although she joined Juventus in the middle of the season, Onyi Echegini is now the joint second highest goal scorer in Series A.

3 Likes

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 12:16pm On Mar 31
Lineup and stats.

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 12:16pm On Mar 31
Uchenna Kanu's brace for Racing Louisville.

Highlights: Portland Thorns 2-2 Racing Louisville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnQ3wZk-mE?si=J0e01xmuCRMoShwU

Uchenna Kanu: Super Falcons star makes NWSL history with Racing Louisville

Tosin Abayomi
09:05 - 31.03.2024

Uchenna Kanu made NWSL history by scoring the fastest two goals by an individual player in the history of Racing Louisville against the Portland Thorns. However, Portland rallied in the second half to secure a 2-2 draw.

For ninety-three minutes, Racing Louisville had the lead, but the game finished in a tie.

Racing Louisville secured their first two goals and point at Providence Park with this outcome.

As of right now, the season's first three matches have ended in ties.

Uchenna Kanu hits form with two goals as the Super Falcons of Nigeria are set for a final Olympic qualifier against the Banyana Banyana of South Africa.

For the second year in a row, Racing Louisville has opened the season with three straight draws and currently has three points.

Under head coach Bev Yanez, the club wants to improve at game-ending to ensure future victories.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/sports-gist/story/nnamdi-ofoborh-flying-eagles-star-returns-after-1112-days-for-swindon-town-2024033020460559320

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 12:28pm On Mar 31
After match interview: Uchenna Kanu talks about making NWSL history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9cd7QnuKc0?si=BZokJtO1EWrcb_4f

Stats.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 12:28pm On Mar 31
Rasheedat Ajibade scores for Atletico Madrid

Highlights: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Valencia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrHXfmzgtKU?si=y22nrTDWObE0Mdm8

Rasheedat Ajibade's goal seal nervy win for Atlético de Madrid Femeni against Valencia

Published on: 31 March 2024

Rasheedat Ajibade's goal in the final stretch of the first half game between Atlético de Madrid Femeni and Valencia gave the team three all three points yesterday.

Arturo Ruíz led the team in the opening game, setting up the fight against Valencia. Both teams were testing one another in the early phases of the match without revealing their weapons on the offensive end.

After 14 minutes of play, a shot by Ajibade caused the first mistake. Her shot covered a lot of territory, but not enough, and it went through the farthest corner by only a few centimeters.

Eva Navarro centered a ball inside the little area, where Ajibade was going to emerge to finish with a header and put her team up on the scoreboard, just as it appeared that the break would arrive with the first result, going into halftime with a 1-0 lead.

The team showed more bite in the second half, going on the offensive and taking the opposing defense by surprise. Ajibade, Eva, and Ludmila were among the few athletic players that caused concern to the opposing defense in the opening minutes, but none of them were able to score a goal.

A crucial win all thanks to the Super Falcons star to keep her side contention for the Champions Laague spots right before they take another break.

https://mobile.nigeriasoccernet.com/rasheedat-ajibades-goal-seal-nervy-win-for-atletico-de-madrid-femeni-against-valencia

1 Like

Asisat Oshoala vs Michelle Alozie

Highlights: Bay FC 2-3 Houston Dash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3as1pPnIw?si=hQXDfHE9Eh5ldA-J

Alozie's Houston Dash overpowers Oshoala's Bay FC as Nigerian sisters clash in NWSL

Hassan Abdulsalam

Oshoala and Alozie are expected to join the Super Falcons camp for the Olympic Games qualifiers against South Africa's Banyana Banyana.

Nigerian star Asisat Oshoala, the reigning African Women's Player of the Year, suffered her first home defeat with her new club Bay FC in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL).

The upset came at the hands of Houston Dash, led by fellow Super Falcons star Michelle Alozie.

Oshoala's Bay FC drew first blood after the former Barcelona striker's shot rebounded, and there was Castellanos, who smashed it into the net for Bay FC to get the lead.

Houston Dash Steal Victory from Bay FC in Dramatic Finish

Bay FC's opener, however, ended in heartbreak after Havana Solaun's goal in the 10th minute of stoppage time secured a 3-2 comeback victory for the Houston Dash on Saturday.

After Deyna Castellanos had opened the scoring for Bay FC in the first half, Diana Ordóñez scored a brace in the second half to put Houston Dash in the lead.

However, there was some late drama in the game. Bay FC fought back with a Rachel Kundananji equalizer in the 93rd minute, making her the first Zambian player to score in the NWSL.

However, Houston had the final say. Solaun's last-gasp goal snatched victory for the Dash, giving them their first win of the season.

Meanwhile, Oshoala and Alozie are expected to join the Super Falcons camp for the Olympic Games qualifiers against South Africa's Banyana Banyana.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/super-falcons-stars-shine-bright-in-europe-ordega-dazzles-for-cska-echegini-scores-first-juventus-hattrick-2024033106135049546

Picture 1) Asisat Oshoala of Nigeria and Rachael Kudananji of Zambia.

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Meksbig(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31
I noticed the South African captain doesn't start for Louisville, isn't she good enough?
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:56pm On Mar 31
Go Girls.

We love ❤️ you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:57pm On Mar 31
naptu2:
Rinsola Babajide also scored for Tenerife last weekend.

Chief Naptu,
How is our darling Asisat doing at her New Club in America 🇺🇸?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 2:57pm On Mar 31
Rinsola Babajide also scored for Tenerife last weekend.
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 2:58pm On Mar 31
post=129199319:

Chief Naptu,
How is our darling Asisat doing at her New Club in America 🇺🇸?

She scored the first ever goal for Bay FC in their first game and she provided an assist in their second game.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by tefishy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31
I'm super proud of them.
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:06pm On Mar 31
naptu2:

She scored the first ever goal for Bay FC in their first game and she provided an assist in their second game.
Oh great.
Thanks for the info sir.

Go Oshoala, we believe in you. 👍

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Reussite: 3:08pm On Mar 31
This is good stuff. We would be needing all these goals from her & the rest of the team against Banyana Banyana this coming week for Olympic qualifiers.....it's going to be a real battle.
I hope super falcons get their revenge this time.
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Grimz(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31
Alright
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by SEGLIZ: 3:44pm On Mar 31
The real Slay Queens. The Slayers
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Goodlady(f): 4:40pm On Mar 31
The way they pronounce her name make me proud of my family. Echeginni, ogini kam nwa?

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Papayaayasager(m): 5:58pm On Mar 31
They should kindly replicate the goals when they play against the Bayana Bayana of South Africa on 5th & 9th of April.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by 4adexx(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31
She's just back from injury
Meksbig:
I noticed the South African captain doesn't start for Louisville, isn't she good enough?
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by Zool6: 7:39pm On Mar 31
Jenifer Onyi Echegini 8 goals in 8 games for Juventus that incredible she is powerhouse of Juventus ladies

*Uche Kalu with brace girl have always been exceptional

*Rashedat Ajibade the coloured hair wonderful girl with a strike

*Mitchell Alozie the queen of Socer lead her team to victory

* Agba ballet Oshoala remains best signing of FC Bay she will certainly impact

South Africa will be in fear after seeing the class of clubs Nigeria ladies are leading AA there powerhouse

Go girls

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 5:32am On Apr 01
Gift Monday also scored and provided an assist yesterday.

Highlights: Huelva 1-2 UD Tenerife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgFRqbb3qg?si=nOwm1qf650BGuUsF
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by PropertyBuying(f): 11:31pm On Apr 01
naptu2:
Gift Monday also scored and provided an assist yesterday.

Highlights: Huelva 1-2 UD Tenerife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgFRqbb3qg?si=nOwm1qf650BGuUsF
Re: Super Falcons Players, Echegini, Ajibade, Kanu Rain Goals In Europe & The US by naptu2: 2:07am On Apr 02
Francisca Ordega's goal in the Russian League.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5N2dhqMdAJ/?igsh=MXhvNmJ4eTlqaGZ2NQ==

(1) (Reply)

Any TB Joshua's Prediction On AFCON? / Ghana Coach Goran Stevanovic Says Witchcraft Is Reason For Team Split / Which One Is Better? The World Cup Or The Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.