Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? (897 Views)

Iran To U.S : Step Aside So You Won't Get Hit. / Keir Stammer Kicked Out Of Pub For Supporting COVID-19 Lockdown / Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31
Me first:

I study in Europe with classmates from Isreal and Palestine, so its natural to feel conflicted. While I maintain a good relationship with both of them, I am not in doubt about my opinion of the crisis at Gaza.

Personally, I believe it's a genocide that Nato and UN continues to condone.

Also, I feel this period of Russian-Ukraine war helps to highlight the inequality, hypocrisy, and deprivation resulting from the Isreal-Palestine crisis.

For the first time, The West can see the irony of their government's international support.

I mean how do you seek support against genocide in Ukraine while sponsoring one yourself in Gaza?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31
Focus on your study first, whatever anybody feel about the war in Nigeria would not make much of a difference

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:
Focus on your study first

You could've kept quiet though.

Our people and unsolicited advice sha.

I'd still like to hear what people think without religious bias. I believe that's the only reason Nigerians argue on the topic

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 9:18pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:

You could've kept quiet though.

Unsolicited advice and our people sha.

I'd still like to hear what people think without religious bias. I believe that's the only reason Nigerians argue on the topic
I told you to focus on your study because your write up is incoherent. You need to work harder on your studies to make constructive sentences. There’s no head or tail in your topic. Work harder on your studies and language construct.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 9:22pm On Mar 31
Apparently, the topic went over your head. You definitely have nothing to say once religion was out of the discussion.

AlexBells:

I told you to focus on your study because your write up is incoherent. You need to work harder on your studies to make constructive sentences. There’s no head or tail in your topic. Work harder on your studies and language construct.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 9:29pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:
Apparently, the topic went over your head. You definitely have nothing to say once religion was out of the discussion.

I’m not even that type that goes with religious sentiments. I have told you, your write up is incoherent and not captivating.

First you said you study in Europe with both Palestine and Israelis yet your opinion of the situation is already made. You went on to talk about how Religion shouldn’t be a factor now what business does Nigerians have with Isreal or Palestine apart from religious sentiment.

Further you went on to talk about time and social media, how does that relate to Nigerians who have held opinions about the two sides even before internet came into existence and from a distance past.

You want an unbiased view yet you termed the western action as a genocide yet say that the west is seeing first time the result of their genocide while at the same time mentioning Russia and Ukraine between this is not the first time the west is seeing your so called genocide so you are already biased but want an unbiased view. You are confused focus on your studies

9 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Good2go1: 9:37pm On Mar 31
Hamas attack them first, paying them back in their coin will make them think twice before attaching them again.

9 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Originalsly: 9:44pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:

As a reader.... there is nothing incoherent in the post. If it's beyond your level of comprehension why not be quiet and try to figure out from comments what it is about?

@ topic ... as someone who almost on a daily basis speak to Jews ... Israelis and Palestinians.... as someone who has watched lots of unbiased documentaries... I am not at all surprised by the actions of the Israeli. It is hard to convince me that they are not following Hitler's blue print of extermination. I can't understand how our people can be so brainwashed to not see this as genocide. 16 soldiers were killed in Delta State .... is it right for the military to invade the community where they were killed?... and eventually the entire Delta State?... killing civilians indiscriminately in the name of going after the terrorists who massacred the 16 soldiers? How can it be wrong for the Nigerian Military to carry out collective punishment .... but right for the Israeli Military to do same? The US and other countries condemn Putin for killing a few Ukranians .... ran to the ICC ... Putin wanted for war crimes ... genocide... but Netanyahu can get a pass for killing tens of thousands? Hypocrisy everywhere.

I say above because I know for sure the supporters of Israel cannot defend their stand with reason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Ttipsy(f): 9:45pm On Mar 31
Israel because they are totally against terrorism

You can imagine why almost Arab countries dislikes Israel especially Iran ?

5 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Validated: 9:45pm On Mar 31
Because God said, to Israel "From the southern deserts to the northern mountains in Lebanon, from the great Euphrates River in the east—including all the land of the Hittites—to the great Mediterranean Sea in the west, all of it is yours. No one will be able to oppose you for as long as you live. I will be with you just as I was with Moses, and I will never fail or abandon you."

So, I support Israel because God gave Israel the land that Palestinians claim as home land

5 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Coldkev17: 9:47pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:
Focus on your study first, whatever anybody feel about the war in Nigeria would not make much of a difference
Lolz.. Good evening brother, happy Easter
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31
Originalsly:

As a reader.... there is nothing incoherent in the post. If it's beyond your level of comprehension why not be quiet and try to figure out from comments what it is about?

@ topic ... as someone who almost on a daily basis speak to Jews ... Israelis and Palestinians.... as someone who has watched lots of unbiased documentaries... I am not at all surprised by the actions of the Israeli. It is hard to convince me that they are not following Hitler's blue print of extermination. I can't understand how our people can be so brainwashed to not see this as genocide. 16 soldiers were killed in Delta State .... is it right for the military to invade the community where they were killed?... and eventually the entire Delta State?... killing civilians indiscriminately in the name of going after the terrorists who massacred the 16 soldiers? How can it be wrong for the Nigerian Military to carry out collective punishment .... but right for the Israeli Military to do same? The US and other countries condemn Putin for killing a few Ukranians .... ran to the ICC ... Putin wanted for war crimes ... genocide... but Netanyahu can get a pass for killing tens of thousands? Hypocrisy everywhere.

I say above because I know for sure the supporters of Israel cannot defend their stand with reason.
First there has been a distortion of the original post, maybe a screenshot which I didn’t get earlier second. He want People to tell him why they support Isreal aside religion.

Now you went to talk about the genocide Israel is commiting yet you spoke about the killing of 17 soldiers in Deita State Nigeria first these are entirely differnt sceneries. Delta state is Nigeria and Gaza is holding hostages which are still Alive in tunnels. They exchange these hostages for their prisoners not minding that about 1200 people were killed in a single day. I want the Arab world to stand up to Isreal but let’s not downplay what those guys did to Isreal. He can’t be biased and want opinion

6 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31
Coldkev17:
Lolz.. Good evening brother, happy Easter
Good evening how are you doing. How’s your jamb preparation going.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Skooltynz: 9:56pm On Mar 31
I support Israel because Arabs will do worse if they are in Israeli shoes, israel attack you if you attack them first do me I do you double double , but Arabs will attack just because you don't practise their religion, anyone who doesn't practise Islam deserves to die why?Jews do not force their religion on you live and let's live,same with Christians they preach to you it is left for you to accept or not,if you don't accept they move on but islam is jihad ! Jihad! Jihad!

Secondly I think Jews are tired of the unending wars with Palestine and wants to eradicate them once and for all for the sake of their mental health.
Any nation that says Jews will not exist will be wiped out and annexed once and for all.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by denko(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31
What are Your reason of supporting Hamas?
elhakiimed:
Me first:

I study in Europe with classmates from Isreal and Palestine, so its natural to feel conflicted. While I maintain a good relationship with both of them, I am not in doubt about my opinion of the crisis at Gaza.

Also, I feel this period of Russian-Ukraine war helps to highlight the inequality, hypocrisy, and deprivation resulting from the Isreal-Palestine crisis.

For the first time, The West can see the irony of their government's international support.

I mean how do you seek support against genocide in Ukraine while sponsoring one yourself in Gaza?

1 Like

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 10:01pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:

I’m not even that type that goes with religious sentiments. I have told you, your write up is incoherent and not captivating.

First you said you study in Europe with both Palestine and Israelis yet your opinion of the situation is already made. You went on to talk about how Religion shouldn’t be a factor now what business does Nigerians have with Isreal or Palestine apart from religious sentiment.

Further you went on to talk about time and social media, how does that relate to Nigerians who have held opinions about the two sides even before internet came into existence and from a distance past.

You want an unbiased view yet you termed the western action as a genocide yet say that the west is seeing first time the result of their genocide while at the same time mentioning Russia and Ukraine between this is not the first time the west is seeing your so called genocide so you are already biased but want an unbiased view. You are confused focus on your studies

Son, I only shared my opinion without religious bias, you're allowed to feel whatever you want about it.

And I see exactly what coherent writing means to you from your post...you should pat yourself on the back.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by helinues: 10:04pm On Mar 31
I don't support Israel or Hamas but the war is just unnecessary.

For my hood, na only who don belleful dey fight cos you go need strength. Dem don both belleful hence fighting
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31
Validated:
Because God said, to Israel "From the southern deserts to the northern mountains in Lebanon, from the great Euphrates River in the east—including all the land of the Hittites—to the great Mediterranean Sea in the west, all of it is yours. No one will be able to oppose you for as long as you live. I will be with you just as I was with Moses, and I will never fail or abandon you."

So, I support Israel because God gave Israel the land that Palestinians claim as home land

What if some random Chinese religion says their God has laid claim to Lagos state in Nigeria and we should accept it? Will they be justified? Again the topic says without religious bias.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by AlexBells(m): 10:06pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:

Son, I only shared my opinion without religious bias, you're allowed to feel whatever you want about it.

And I see exactly what coherent writing means to you from your post...you should pat yourself on the back.
You are still going extremely incoherent with your sentences. What is religious bias and what is bias. You are biased means you are biased stop sugarcoating your intentions with an atheist undertone.

Again you don’t see exactly what coherent writing means to me, do you understand the implication of the word “exactly”

3 Likes

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31
Good2go1:
Hamas attack them first, paying them back in their coin will make them think twice before attaching them again.

But it didnt start with Hamas attack on oct 7th. People in palestine died everyday before Oct 6th, and after Oct 7, over 20 thousand humans, kids included.

If you kill 10 rats in the street, you can imagine how littered the whole place looks. Imagine innocent humans in thousand.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Originalsly: 10:10pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:

First there has been a distortion of the original post, maybe a screenshot which I didn’t get earlier second. He want People to tell him why they support Isreal aside religion.

Now you went to talk about the genocide Israel is commiting yet you spoke about the killing of 17 soldiers in Deita State Nigeria first these are entirely differnt sceneries. Delta state is Nigeria and Gaza is holding hostages which are still Alive in tunnels. They exchange these hostages for their prisoners not minding that about 1200 people were killed in a single day. I want the Arab world to stand up to Isreal but let’s not downplay what those guys did to Isreal. He can’t be biased and want opinion

Delta incident was a parallel I was making. Question to you: Was the Oct7 a first attack? ... or a retaliation? Your response will tell me what you really know or don't know.... whether you are an independent thinker and have knowledge .... or just information.

1 Like

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31
AlexBells:

Yes, I did make changes to the original post.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 10:26pm On Mar 31
denko:
What are Your reason of supporting Hamas?

I support Palestinians because I believe nobody deserves to die as if their lives mean any less.

There are innocent jews and arabs suffering in this crisis, and the UN, ICC, Nato are openly biased. They treat Ukraine invasion as an abomination and then Gaza like a fumigation exercise. It's evil.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Dsimmer: 11:18pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:

What if some random Chinese religion says their God has laid claim to Lagos state in Nigeria and we should accept it? Will they be justified? Again the topic says without religious bias.

The Isrealites were Africans themselves (Jacob was a black man) who left Canaan to a black Egypt country to become several multiple Africans before they later returned back to Canaan. In fact, The Egyptians always regarded the Hebrew as the Canaanites because the Hebrews looked like Africans and came from Cannan to Egypt. Jacob and his children were black men who left Cannan to stay in Egypt for several centuries before returning back to Canaan .

If their intention was to steal anyone's land, they would have wanted to steal the Egyptian land yet they didn't make such move because it wasn't their lands but rather, they went back to where they came from. Meanwhile, it was Arabs who stole the Egyptian land while murdering the Northern Africans.

That being said, if you think the Hebrew (Isrealites) who were Africans that left Canaan for Egypt for several centuries before their eventual return had no right to Cannan land (Judea), then Arabs also have no right to Saudi Arabia to begin with because Saudi Arabia also belonged to the Africans, just like Canaan. Note that Arabs occupied Saudi Arabia, only after Abraham came to Cannan. So if you think the African Isrealites who left Canaan for Egypt until their eventual return don't have a right to Cannan land (Judea), then Arabs also have no right to Saudi Arabia as well. Simple as ABC. So if the Arabs are allowed to stay in Saudi Arabia today, then the Isrealites are also allowed to stay in Canaan (Judea) which is their home. But here we have Arabs occupying Saudi yet still getting greedy to want to occupy Judea which is the home of the Hebrews.

Meanwhile, this same Arabs stole North Africa lands while murdering the Northern Africans!

1 Like

Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by DeOTR: 11:20pm On Mar 31
Ask yourself why anyone would support Palestinians without religious bias.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 11:39pm On Mar 31
Dsimmer:

The Isrealites were Africans themselves (Jacob was a black man) who left Canaan to a black Egypt country to become several multiple Africans before they later returned back to Canaan. In fact, The Egyptians always regarded the Hebrew as the Canaanites because the Hebrews looked like Africans and came from Cannan to Egypt. Jacob and his children were black men who left Cannan to stay in Egypt for several centuries before returning back to Canaan .

If their intention was to steal anyone's land, they would have wanted to steal the Egyptian land yet they didn't do such because it wasn't their lands but rather, they went back to where they came from. Meanwhile, it was Arabs who stole the Egyptian land while murdering Northern Africans.

That being said, if you think the Hebrew (Isrealites) who were Africans that left Canaan for Egypt for several centuries before their eventual return had no right to Cannan land (Judea), then Arabs also have no right to Saudi Arabia to begin with because Saudi Arabia also belonged to the Africans, just like Canaan. Note that Arabs occupied Saudi Arabia, only after Abraham came to Cannan. So if you think the African Isrealites who were in Egypt until their eventual return don't have a right to Cannan land (Judea), then Arabs also have no right to Saudi Arabia as well. Simple as ABC. So if the Arabs are allowed to stay in Saudi Arabia today, then the Isrealites also have a right to stay Canaan (Judea). But here we have Arabs occupying Saudi yet still getting greedy to want to occupy Judea which is the home of the Hebrews.

Meanwhile, this same Arabs stole North Africa lands while murdering the Northern Africans!

I see you think Arabs are some inherent savages killing anyhow (Just as retarded Europeans think Africans are idiot savages). Perhaps if you think of them as fellow humans with family and children, you may realize that it's not as simple as that. Historically, Arab and Jews have an ancestry link to Abraham, and they lived over the years in peace.

During the world War, jews that emigrated to Europe returned enmass and disrupted the lives of indigenous jews and Arabs. Then Zionist propaganda sponsored by the west segregated arabs so their lives becomes miserable and the Jews dominant till date.

The two state solution could only be achieved if Palestinians agree to continue the apartheid hell they and their children live in, that's why they refused it.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Mindlog: 11:43pm On Mar 31
I am indifferent to the conflict between Israel and Hamas, the conflict will still be there in decades to come..
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 11:43pm On Mar 31
DeOTR:
Ask yourself why anyone would support Palestinians without religious bias.

You'd support Palestine because you're human, and you should be worried about whatever puts thousands of lives,including kids in danger.

Giving Isreal excuse on the basis of religion would simply make you a lunatic psychopath, and the world should turn their face when similar thing happen in your house.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Dsimmer: 11:49pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:

I see you think Arabs are some inherent savages killing anyhow (Just as retarded Europeans think Africans are idiot savages). Perhaps if you think of them as fellow humans with family and children, you may realize that it's not as simple as that. Historically, Arab and Jews have an ancestry link to Abraham, and they lived over the years in peace.

During the world War, jews that emigrated to Europe returned enmass and disrupted the lives of indigenous jews and Arabs. Then Zionist propaganda sponsored by the west segregated arabs so their lives becomes miserable and the Jews dominant till date.

The two state solution could only be achieved if Palestinians agree to continue the apartheid hell they and their children live in, that's why they refused it.

The Arabs have Saudi Arabia while the Hebrew (Jews) have Judea. The Jews are in their Judea domain and are not bothering anyone whereas it's the Arabs who are not contented but wanting to steal other people's land thus they were dealt with by the Jews. Let's not also forget the fact that the Arabs also stole the Northern African lands while murdering Northern Africans.

Meanwhile, I simply called out your hypocrisy because you forgot the fact that the Arabs are also occupying Saudi Arabia today, which previously belonged to the Africans in the old time, so why are you crying about the Hebrews (Isrealites/Jews) occupying Canaan (Judea)? As a matter of fact, after that old time, everyone settled in their domain but the only one still getting Greedy and not contented is the Arabs who even went ahead to murder the Northern Africans which is of recent (AD), compared to that old time of several years BC.

They had even wanted to continue the madness by wanting to subsequently steal the land heritage of the Europeans until they were dealt with by the Europeans.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Floky215: 11:50pm On Mar 31
elhakiimed:
Me first:

Russia attacked and invaded Ukraine and Ukrain is simply fighting a battle of survival and defending their sovereignty . !!!

While Isreal was attacked by terrosit, murdered their people and took hostages by way of kidnapp unprovoked...!!
Isreal is simply fighting to defend her people from rockets fired into Isreal and also release those kidnapped by gaza people...!!

Two completely different scenarios and not comparable in any way..!!!

Gaza got what they deserve and need to pay more to have their head and mentality cured..!!!
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by elhakiimed(m): 11:57pm On Mar 31
Floky215:

Russia attacked and invaded Ukraine and Ukrain is simply fighting a battle of survival and defending their sovereignty . !!!

While Isreal was attacked by terrosit, murdered their people and took hostages by way of kidnapp unprovoked...!!
Isreal is simply fighting to defend her people from rockets fired into Isreal and also release those kidnapped by gaza people...!!

Two completely different scenarios and not comparable in any way..!!!

Gaza got what they deserve and need to pay more to have their head and mentality cured..!!!

At the moment, if you still comment online saying "unprovoked", you should bury your face in shame for your naivety.

Palestinians die everyday before 6th Oct, and it's been like that for decades.

You say they took hostages. Same hostages that were waving Hamas goodbye during evacuation, while isreal idf return child hostages in headlock.
Re: Religion Aside. What Are Your Reasons For Supporting Isreal? by Floky215: 12:26am On Apr 01
elhakiimed:

At the moment, if you still comment online saying "unprovoked", you should bury your face in shame for your naivety.

Palestinians die everyday before 6th Oct, and it's been like that for decades.

You say they took hostages. Same hostages that were waving Hamas goodbye during evacuation, while isreal idf return child hostages in headlock.

The question you should have asked yourself is why are they dying...!!?

No country would sit back and watch others try to exterminate them..!!!

Go to gaza today, hate is been taught to the kids right from young age and indoctrination is done to see the jews as people to be hated and killed given any chance...it's this mind set they have that made them want to murder Jews and get killed in the process...!!

Tell why just the Arab and of islamic extraction alone having thos issue....!!?
There are Bedouins and other minorities in Israel..none of them is screaming Allah akbar to kill Jews...infact they have assimilated and lots are among the fighting force of the IDF...!!

Why only the Arab and especially those of Islamic extraction?

Until you choose to tell yourself the truth and stop been an hypocrite..you would continue going in circle...!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israeli Iron Dome Air Defense System Fails (video) / £1bn 'spy Jets' Join Raf Squadron (picture Attached) / U S Government Seeks $70m From Equatorial Guinea's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.