Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment (52275 Views)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / UK Government Lobbying Hard To Cut Russia Off From SWIFT / Man Receives Beating Of His Life For Calling A Fuel Attendant 'monkey' In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by SIRTee15: 8:51pm On Apr 02
bonechamberlain:
angry

They are all trying to follow the WEF model.

When that evil man Klaus stated that the Chinese model of government is the best, I knew that soonest western countries might start relaxing on some democratic ideals.

If it will bring sanity back to the west, I'm in full support.
Unregulated freedom is nonsense and a gateway to anarchy.
The west is losing it and if nothing is done soonest, we may have another Napoleon or Hitler.
The unrestricted migration is something else. Even 3rd worlders are now looking for alternatives because they dont want to live in Europe filled with migrants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by shadrach77: 8:52pm On Apr 02
DeeNet1:
The news is not complete, really want to know who he is and why his name was covered

I ✍🏾 write
I doubt the story
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by DeeNet1: 8:53pm On Apr 02
shadrach77:

I doubt the story

Yes, because who are we trying to judge here or believe?
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by DeeNet1: 8:54pm On Apr 02
nedekid:

You personally, why don't you paste your real name and address with phone number on nairaland? Why are you using deenets1? Is that you real name?

Now,how and where are we to judge the person hiding his name?
Only his name might change the story
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Babalola0920: 8:54pm On Apr 02
One of the best way to see that white people are not what they preach freedom of speech cheesy[left][/left] grin grin
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by faceland: 8:54pm On Apr 02
rentAcock:
The West likes to preach about democracy and freedom of this and that but this is a prime example of them being hypocrits. Do as I say not do as I do. The UK is supposed to be the model democratic nation the whole world should look up to, but they are acting like communists. If Nigerians know what's best for them, they will evacuate the UK and other foreign countries before it's too late. A major war is brewing in the shadows and you people are flocking abroad.

COVID-19 years was the biggest anti free speech period in the West. Nightmare for those who saw the pandemic as fake (seeing news reporters reporting fake news like it's North Korea, and you know they too do not believe what they were reporting).
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by lagosrd: 8:55pm On Apr 02
Hey lucky man, use your brain... Next time you may not be that lucky.. take care and be careful out there

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by faceland: 8:56pm On Apr 02
DeeNet1:

Now,how and where are we to judge the person hiding his name?
Only his name might change the story

You have a point. Might be Gaza related.

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by completeskills: 8:56pm On Apr 02
swagana:
Freedom of speech na scam.
Freedom of speech does not give anyone the right to say whatever they like even if it not true. If under the guise of Freedom of speech I start insulting you or defaming you..how would you feel?
He has been warned. Next one is persecution in court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Slytiger: 8:56pm On Apr 02
emkz:
In some countries, insulting their leaders would lead to dire consequences.

The way people insult Tinubu calling him all sorts of names, let them try it with the Ayatollah of Iran, Putin of Russia, Xi Jinping of China, King Salman of Saudi Arabia, Emir of Qatar, and Kim Jung un of North Korea.

In some jurisdictions, such abuse comes with the death penalty.

Let us stop abusing freedom in Nigeria. Such freedoms are not guaranteed elsewhere. Clearly, not in the UK.

43Ronin:
Uk government troll in real life cheesy no joy

udemzyudex:
UK is the number one anti free speech country especially in the west, check the stats you'll understand.

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by swagana: 8:57pm On Apr 02
Truthshotcrazy:

VERY DARK MAN is that you? grin
freedom of speech is indeed Guaranteed, but Freedom after speech is not Guaranteed cool

Your Last statement na the scam be dat grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by maasoap(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:
If it's Nigeria, you won't be warned, you'll be silenced.

One has to mindful of what he or she says in public.
This same Nigeria where I'm right now or another Nigeria? Lol. The kind of freedom we enjoy in Nigeria on social media can't be enjoyed in any other place in the world.

emkz:
In some countries, insulting their leaders would lead to dire consequences.

The way people insult Tinubu calling him all sorts of names, let them try it with the Ayatollah of Iran, Putin of Russia, Xi Jinping of China, King Salman of Saudi Arabia, Emir of Qatar, and Kim Jung un of North Korea.

In some jurisdictions, such abuse comes with the death penalty.

Let us stop abusing freedom in Nigeria. Such freedoms are not guaranteed elsewhere. Clearly, not in the UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Emekaonline: 8:58pm On Apr 02
DeGods007:

Curse be unto you and the descendants of Tinupoo

On this day I declare curse on tinupoo.... May he bedwet for the rest of his life 🀣🀣🀣🀣

May the curse like the one placed on Cain be yours and your present and future generations yet unborn the same way it followed Gehazi and his generations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by 77up(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:
If it's Nigeria, you won't be warned, you'll be silenced.

One has to mindful of what he or she says in public.
How many have they silenced with all degree of curses and insult to Tinubu online ? You people are simply western slaves, if not you will know that freedom of speech is not guaranteed in their settings but what did you know, here you are clapping for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Eunoiaa(f): 9:02pm On Apr 02
"Saner climes" lmao.
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by WantsandMore: 9:03pm On Apr 02
SadiqBabaSani:
Tinubu boys introduced vulgar and cyber bullying to Nigeria, we shall serve it to them and there is nothing They will do. they can only try, they can not censor free speech in Nigeria.

GEJ is 10 times greater than Tinubu
Shut up. If uk government wey obidients dey worship fit censor free speech , who una be?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by adedayoa2(f): 9:04pm On Apr 02
ppogba:

Wonderful.

All of a sudden, the government that has warned a citizen for expressing his opinion has suddenly become " responsible"

Only on Nairaland.
You dey mind all these people.

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by swagana: 9:04pm On Apr 02
completeskills:

Freedom of speech does not give anyone the right to say whatever they like even if it not true. If under the guise of Freedom of speech I start insulting you or defaming you..how would you feel?
He has been warned. Next one is persecution in court

Na the scam be that. If you criticize a bad government policy you don abuse freedom of speech be that and can be arrested.
I just do freedom of speech this evening and fiaaam a mod don ban me.
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by nearline(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02
Like Olamide said, β€œFreedom of speech dey, I no go dull you but freedom after speech I can’t assure you.”

Anyway freedom of speech does not mean you should say anything extreme as it will be taken seriously under the right circumstances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Antoeni(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02
A Responsible, Reasonable & Sensitive Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by ozo13(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02
maasoap:

There is no media gagging in Nigeria. U dey abuse your presidents and others with no consequences
baba allow who I ask question reply nah.when govt talk of social media bill , we always think it's media gagging
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Nefort: 9:09pm On Apr 02
swagana:
Freedom of speech na scam.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you should say something destructive.
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Afrojuju2017(m): 9:10pm On Apr 02
UK already had a social media laws and protest laws in place since covid to deal with reckless fellows
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Chicentt(f): 9:10pm On Apr 02
Honestly speaking grin
Zwooks:
Lol. These ones no dey clap back. They take the violence straight to your door step
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by swagana: 9:19pm On Apr 02
Nefort:

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you should say something destructive.

Na still scam. Whoever holds power define the limits of your freedom of speech.
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by DeGods007(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02
Emekaonline:

May the curse like the one placed on Cain be yours and your present and future generations yet unborn the same way it followed Gehazi and his generations

E pain am ooo🀣🀣🀣🀣😝😝😝😝

Agbado man hope say you don chop and not replying me with empty stomach.

Suffer head 😝😝😝
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Greystone: 9:21pm On Apr 02
udma:
Thank God UK doesn't have DSS. He'll be in the cell already

Have you never heard of MI5?

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Krankhead: 9:23pm On Apr 02
Zwooks:
Lol. These ones no dey clap back. They take the violence straight to your door step
By the time he is being dock you will.beg for him....You think this is your Nigeria where you can bully and create fake stories like obi and his cronies and go free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Emekaonline: 9:26pm On Apr 02
DeGods007:

E pain am ooo🀣🀣🀣🀣😝😝😝😝

Agbado man hope say you don chop and not replying me with empty stomach.

Suffer head 😝😝😝

Pray you achieve 10% of my achievements. You will forever thank your god. For your information, I am an employer of labour. Some of your family members may even be working for me. If you know, you know

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by damoobaba: 9:27pm On Apr 02
Angelfrost:
He should count himself lucky not to be in a certain 3rd world nation...!

Make I hear say dem send you warning letter! Lol!

Country where dem go arrest and torture you till you lose every shred of human dignity. undecided

Continue shouting third world. Go and try that rubbish in first world countries like Russia or china and see what happens to you. You'll definitely have to pay for the consequences of not having sense. Making posts that can cause public chaos is not allowed in SANE ENVIRONMENTS. OBIRODENTS think everything is cruise and igbo politics, I still believe that very soon this era of watching children without home training take over social media will be a thing of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by naptu2: 9:30pm On Apr 02
This is the second April fool joke that has caught a lot of people (the other is the Davido issue). I hope this guy doesn't get in trouble for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fly Lands On Mike Pence's Head During US VP Debate (Pix, Video) / Matenneh Kromah, A Soldier Wears Hijab On Duty In Liberia (pic) / Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Medics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.