Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers (12979 Views)

Why Don’t Nigerian Employers Adopt Hourly Pay? / Tips On How To Avoid Being Fired / Equipment Used By 30 Abia Shoemakers For Training In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Rapmoney(m): 11:17am On Apr 03
1. YOUR SALARY IS NOT PART OF YOUR EMPLOYER'S PROFIT : The money your employer pays you monthly as salary is not part of his profit; it is part of his or her cost of running the business. Since you do not share in his or her profits, you should not also share in their losses. There is an agreement between you and your employer that you are going to carry out specific duties which you will be paid for. Anything that makes your employer to pay you half salary in a month or withhold your salary due to so-called absence of funds should not be acceptable. If an employer cannot pay workers, he or she should close down the business or sell it off.

2. IF YOU SEE YOURSELF IN AN ORGANIZATION THAT DOESN'T ISSUE EMPLOYMENT LETTERS: Whenever you find yourself working in an organization that does not issue employment letters to workers, just know that you are not working but just 'hustling'. Such type of employees do not deserve resignation letter when you want to leave. Just leave when you want to leave; don't dignify them by giving them a resignation letter. If you are not worthy to be issued an employment letter, they are not also worthy to receive a resignation letter from you. Do not dignify them with one. There is no binding labour law backed by the constitution between both of you.

3. DO NOT WORK BEYOND YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION : Humans are very selfish oftentimes. When you go out of your way to carry out other duties that are not included in your job description, they automatically become part of your job description. Everybody likes mumu, but the day mumu becomes wise, mumu will become a bad person. That's how how some private school owners use their teachers to do odd jobs such as clearing grasses, cooking and doing domestic chores. I have a friend who used to work in a private school. Within 3 months of employment, his boss converted him to a driver and personal assistant while still working as a teacher on top 30k salary.

4. IF YOU SPEND YOUR YOUTHFUL DAYS...: If you spend your youthful days working for people, you may end up a poor sad fellow in old age. As you dey work, make you dey invest too.

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by inoki247: 4:04pm On Apr 03
Lol Direct your message to people that work for people for 30yrs and start feeling entitled instead of accounting for dere recklessness....

If you work for anybody within 2yrs and you couldn't point to one single thing you need to check ur life start restrategizing look for another job or add to ur work....

15 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Natbrowny: 4:04pm On Apr 03
The moment they say WE ARE LIKE A FAMILY HERE. JUST KNOW THAT THEY WILL USE YOU AND MESS U UP PSYCHOLOGICALLY

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Fatbam005: 4:05pm On Apr 03
Beggers have no choice. All diz English no fit work in Nigeria. As you dey pull out thousand dey queue up to do the same work with little pay and much work load. Dey play my fans

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Ejehhhh: 4:05pm On Apr 03
May God help us to get awa own money and not beg any mugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Quinns: 4:05pm On Apr 03
9-5 will Neva make you Rich. Like this I dey find side hustle, link me up if you got ideas.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Iamgrey5(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03
Number 3 is very important oh

"Everybody loves mumu but the day the Mumu becomes wise, the Mumu becomes a bad person"

Infact the most popular people in every office is always the Mumu.

My yoruba people will always say in everything you do always ensure you leave room for disagreements. Hence, don't be too nice or get too close to your boss.

Make sure you keep everything professional.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by dibunotion(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03
Hmmm
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by danarchy4(m): 4:07pm On Apr 03
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by codemaster2much: 4:07pm On Apr 03
there must be the poor for there to be the rich, very core principle of how the world was design. even choice can not spare fate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Nahunger(m): 4:07pm On Apr 03
angry

The best job is to work for your self, don't be a stepping stone in someone else's pyramid, you are replaceable, don't deceive your self when they praise you to be the engine room of the company's success..
Na wayo

17 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Moyinoluwa35(f): 4:09pm On Apr 03
Military work is the best
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by westlius(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03
Thanks for these update

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Bayaar02(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03
If you're working in an organisation with no employment letter, you'll definitely work beyond your job description... It's crazy.

15 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Iamgrey5(m): 4:11pm On Apr 03
westlius:
Thanks for these update, i was employed as an Accountant months ago but now i do ADMIN, FACILITY, PR, COSTOMER CARE, MAINTANCE, AUDIT without no salary increment, its really draining
Normal package of one man business.

17 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by jaxin119: 4:11pm On Apr 03
Very nice topic

2 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:11pm On Apr 03
Very true...

I quit working for people

I'm my own boss

4 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by sylve11: 4:12pm On Apr 03
Generally speaking, humans like "using" humans. When you try to inquire why, they tell you it's " Smartness".

Selfish souls! sad cool

8 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by PointZerom: 4:12pm On Apr 03
westlius:
Thanks for these update, i was employed as an Accountant months ago but now i do ADMIN, FACILITY, PR, COSTOMER CARE, MAINTANCE, AUDIT without no salary increment, its really draining

Soon you'll be buying fuel and putting on the generator grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Tealcrestmedia(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03
K
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Coder2Client(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03
Insightful

1 Like

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by STEWpid(f): 4:18pm On Apr 03
Chai..

Employee slavery enterprise = Small small organizations!!

Nothing else!!

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Vergovert: 4:19pm On Apr 03
The boy is good: APA lo n jebe.

E good na s'ele lo brother yin be.
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Daeaad: 4:20pm On Apr 03
Lol
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by uvie66: 4:23pm On Apr 03
Fatbam005:
Beggers have no choice. All diz English no fit work in Nigeria. As you dey pull out thousand dey queue up to do the same work with little pay and much work load. Dey play my fans
I concur, in Nigeria Labour supply outstrips demand, maybe because of population size. The job you are refusing to do for 30k a month will be gladly taken up by multitudes waiting in the shadow.

2 Likes

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by westlius(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03
Iamgrey5:
Normal package of one man business.

u correct
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by westlius(m): 4:34pm On Apr 03
PointZerom:

Soon you'll be buying fuel and putting on the generator grin grin
haha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Men Love Working Women / 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! / Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.