Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal (12508 Views)

Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments / Arik Air In Customers’ Data Leak Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by DrMuzungu(m): 8:19am On Apr 04
Most of ARIK managers on all levels should be fired right away. A couple of years ago, they left me stranded in Lagos with family (including a small baby). We were on a tight budget, but we DID have our tickets. Motherbleepers told us we were late, that our ticket was for earlier flight... and that we must to pay for rebooking, and wait for some 4 hours. Thanks to some relatives, we raised money, paid and travelled.

In developed world, if an airline cancels flight, it is airline's responsibility to take care of passengers until the next flight is available.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:23am On Apr 04
poseidon12:
It's obvious you don't travel much within Nigeria. The cancelled flight is @6:30pm. You think he can get another flight @6:30pm in Nigeria? You can check it out. At 6:30pm, try booking for a flight in Nigeria, to travel same day. The other option is to travel by road at night and risk being kidnapped on the road.
You probably don't realise how useless Nigeria is.

he waited til 11pm.... by then, he should have made alternatives flight plan for the morning to get to his meeting.

SirElaw:
Prove to me that you've ever being on a plane and I'll correct my opinion that your head is filled with sawdust.

in my youthful days, i worked for an airline company.. and even though not an African one, i should know... and you are indeed a dumbaass if you stick to an airline who bumped your flight til 11pm then cancel it.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by BuyMeBanger: 8:23am On Apr 04
Look at the way the staff are showing zero empathy or at least pretending to be. embarassed
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Ozommadu: 8:28am On Apr 04
helinues:

I have advised you to stop being incoherent on my mentions.

You are only trolling people without having any contributions of yours.

And your contribution is to rename arik air to air peace

You don't see that you're gradually loosing it?
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by mediclife1987(m): 8:35am On Apr 04
phemmie06:

😂, I now understand even without Google, I thought you were saying Dave had hand in what they're facing or if he owned the airways

You Gerrit? cheesy
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by dontrulee: 9:04am On Apr 04
MrBrownJay1:
that yeye fool should have automatically look for alternative ways to get to his meeting, rather than wait for that yeye airline to sort itself out.

i hope he learned a great lesson today...

You're the fool who hasn't entered a plane before in your life
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Oshokhai69: 9:47am On Apr 04
Semaj77:

Comot or comprehend And you're accusing someone of not finishing primary school

Isn’t it clear that na iPhone misspell wetin I type? You know wetin iPhone be? Villager like you
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Semaj77(m): 10:03am On Apr 04
Oshokhai69:

Isn’t it clear that na iPhone misspell wetin I type? You know wetin iPhone be? Villager like you

grin grin grin grin grin So iPhone misspelled from comprehend to comot , where's the correlation in that E be like say na only your iPhone understand pidgin English , illiterate like you , I sure say you never hear the word "comprehend" for your life. Olodo rabata
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Gandrova: 10:40am On Apr 04
MrBrownJay1:
that yeye fool should have automatically look for alternative ways to get to his meeting, rather than wait for that yeye airline to sort itself out.

Must you insult to butress your point?
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Exousiang01: 10:42am On Apr 04
Semaj77:

You know the person you're even trying to shade that he hasn't been to an airport isn't even based in the country

Well locations doesn't reduce stupidity.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Charly68: 10:43am On Apr 04
Take them to court and let them pay for their folly .
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by okeke6969: 10:45am On Apr 04
helinues:
Poor management is what is killing most business. Hope the Air peace management would look into this

Modified:
Air peace, Arik Air, BA.or whatever the message is not for shading but to improve their service. Why the unnecessary attack?

This is basically the reason you need to read and comprehend before commenting.
This your modification is dead on arrival.
Ma fara bale brother.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Exousiang01: 10:53am On Apr 04
Semaj77:

Yeah right , he has been to more countries than you'll ever be

Young man, you are not better than everyone you meet on a faceless forum.
One of the bad characters of poor people is small mindset, small money and you feel you are better than everyone.
What makes you feel the person you are talking to doesn't live in the UK?
You lots are always quick to assume everyone is poor, is that supposed to be a defence mechanism?

Well if you have traveled so wide, then you shouldn't be sounding this stupid, traveling gives you alot of exposure and even in developed countries you can't just jump on a plane at any hour and start flying, flights have schedules and local flights don't run late into the night, you should also have known that What is obtainable in one country differs from another. Now you not knowing these little things leaves me to believe that you ain't shit, and you haven't been no where, some of us have traveled wide too and we have learnt how flights schedules are in various countries, you don't see us bragging about travelling out do you?
You thought telling us you are outside the country would just make us accept the idiocy of your point?
Like I said, location has never been known to reduce stupidity, you are making a good example of that.
#airheadInWonderland
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:31am On Apr 04
Achoghim:
When did Arik air become a subsidiary of AirPeace? grin
It was when Tribalism became this forum's national pledge.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Kingzmate(m): 1:23pm On Apr 04
YES OO grin

WE SHALL SUE THEM, THE CANCELLATION COST ME A DEAL OF $1 BILLION DOLARS TOO cool

LET ME CALL MY LAWYER ABI LIEYER wink
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Semaj77(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04
Exousiang01:

Young man, you are not better than everyone you meet on a faceless forum.
One of the bad characters of poor people is small mindset, small money and you feel you are better than everyone.
What makes you feel the person you are talking to doesn't live in the UK?
You lots are always quick to assume everyone is poor, is that supposed to be a defence mechanism?

Well if you have traveled so wide, then you shouldn't be sounding this stupid, traveling gives you alot of exposure and even in developed countries you can't just jump on a plane at any hour and start flying, flights have schedules and local flights don't run late into the night, you should also have known that What is obtainable in one country differs from another. Now you not knowing these little things leaves me to believe that you ain't shit, and you haven't been no where, some of us have traveled wide too and we have learnt how flights schedules are in various countries, you don't see us bragging about travelling out do you?
You thought telling us you are outside the country would just make us accept the idiocy of your point?
Like I said, location has never been known to reduce stupidity, you are making a good example of that.
#airheadInWonderland

I see you're quite rude calling your elders "young man" , anyways lemme address your post. If you're talking about being condescending you fit that bill perfectly , weren't you the one who said the person hasn't even been to a airport talk less of flying in a plane now you're crying wolf when dealt in the same measure. Talking about poor mindset , you don't even know you're the one exhibiting it the most , you're the assuming he was poor initially. And I still doubt you've even travelled wide and far as you claimed , yes you can schedule a flight in a day and board that day if where you're going is important , which is the point he was actually making but your stewpidity wouldn't let you see sense in what he's saying. If it's not so important then you can wait for the rescheduled flight.

You're just a dim-witted guy with very low IQ
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by frog12: 2:24pm On Apr 04
grin grin
loyalty to dogs is death

MrBrownJay1:

Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by frog12: 2:26pm On Apr 04
AMCON really destroy Arik

Zico5:
Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth. From none availability of electricity to water to conducive environment to high tariff and others that cannot be mentioned. We always pray for better day but when will it come with the system on ground?
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Exousiang01: 9:11pm On Apr 04
Semaj77:

I see you're quite rude calling your elders "young man" , anyways lemme address your post. If you're talking about being condescending you fit that bill perfectly , weren't you the one who said the person hasn't even been to a airport talk less of flying in a plane now you're crying wolf when dealt in the same measure. Talking about poor mindset , you don't even know you're the one exhibiting it the most , you're the assuming he was poor initially. And I still doubt you've even travelled wide and far as you claimed , yes you can schedule a flight in a day and board that day if where you're going is important , which is the point he was actually making but your stewpidity wouldn't let you see sense in what he's saying. If it's not so important then you can wait for the rescheduled flight.

You're just a dim-witted guy with very low IQ

Rants of a retard, saying a man has never being to the airport does not automatically mean he is poor.
There are so many very rich folks out there who have never flown.
So you see how daft you sound.
Your yardstick for measuring wealth is taking a flight? And you think you are the smart one, you need to get your head checked.

About the flight slowpokes.
How were you expecting the passenger whose 11pm flight was canceled to get a flight on the same night?
The best you can get is the first flight in the morning that is even if it's not fully booked.
How dumb can you be expecting him to still book another flight at 11pm and fly.

Fish brain kids everywhere.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:19pm On Apr 04
lexy2014:
what are you saying?
pls share with us your similar experience with an airline.
is it the way you said it above that you did it?

very simple: i had 2 tickets bought for an important trip... from point A (departure city) to point B (transit city) and then the next morning very early another flight with a different airline from point B to point C (final destination) .... when 1st flight got cancelled i automatically understood that my chances to get on the last flight of the initial company (to point B) was very slim , as they were 100s of us stranded at the airport wanting to get on that last flight of the day....so i quickly bought an alternative flight from point A to point B with a different airline to make sure i catch my next morning flight (from point B to point C)....then i contacted my insurance and got a full refund for the flight that was cancelled.

even if the flight was not cancelled, it is well known that airline overbook their flight, and bump people off... and if you have a very important meeting to attend, then at that point you automatically should look for alternate options, rather than wait for last flight of the night, with a 50/50 chance of getting on the flight.
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Melagros(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04
SEGLIZ:
Nigerians are all noise, what are court room made for? why are our judges being paid? they should all come together and file a joint suit against the airline.
Which court are you referring to? Nigerian one? Abeg stop this talk grin
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by lexy2014: 7:23am On Apr 05
MrBrownJay1:

very simple: i had 2 tickets bought for an important trip... from point A (departure city) to point B (transit city) and then the next morning very early another flight with a different airline from point B to point C (final destination) .... when 1st flight got cancelled i automatically understood that my chances to get on the last flight of the initial company (to point B) was very slim , as they were 100s of us stranded at the airport wanting to get on that last flight of the day....so i quickly bought an alternative flight from point A to point B with a different airline to make sure i catch my next morning flight (from point B to point C)....then i contacted my insurance and got a full refund for the flight that was cancelled.

even if the flight was not cancelled, it is well known that airline overbook their flight, and bump people off... and if you have a very important meeting to attend, then at that point you automatically should look for alternate options, rather than wait for last flight of the night, with a 50/50 chance of getting on the flight.

can you pls tell me the name of your departure city, transit city and final destination?

which airline did you buy your first ticket?

which airline did you buy your second ticket?

which insurance company did you call to refund your money for the cancelled flight?

according to you "if you have a very important meeting to attend, then at that point you automatically should look for alternate options".

what are the "alternate options" the individual in question should have taken from PH to Lagos?

what is the transit city this individual in the story should have used as a transit city between PH and Lagos?
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:41am On Apr 05
lexy2014:

can you pls tell me the name of your departure city, transit city and final destination?
which airline did you buy your first ticket?
which airline did you buy your second ticket?
which insurance company did you call to refund your money for the cancelled flight?
according to you "if you have a very important meeting to attend, then at that point you automatically should look for alternate options".
what are the "alternate options" the individual in question should have taken from PH to Lagos?
what is the transit city this individual in the story should have used as a transit city between PH and Lagos?

all these questions while the issue is very simple: lets say the flight was tomorrow saturday 6th of April, and his flight to Lagos with Air Peace was delayed or cancelled... the alternative flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos he could have booked is the Green Africa Airways flight to Lagos at 20.55pm. CASE CLOSED!
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Oshokhai69: 7:48am On Apr 05
MrBrownJay1:

No be only insurance. Na Bendel insurance. Continue to dey lamba to your ancestors..
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by lexy2014: 8:04am On Apr 05
MrBrownJay1:

all these questions while the issue is very simple: lets say the flight was tomorrow saturday 6th of April, and his flight to Lagos with Air Peace was delayed or cancelled... the alternative flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos he could have booked is the Green Africa Airways flight to Lagos at 20.55pm. CASE CLOSED!

what do you mean by "lets say the flight was tomorrow saturday 6th of April"? what actually happened?

if your claims are true and you feel the man messed up, then you should have no issues answering my questions.

CASE IS NOT CLOSED.

1. can you pls tell me the name of your departure city, transit city and final destination?

2. which airline did you buy your first ticket?

3. which airline did you buy your second ticket?

4. which insurance company did you call to refund your money for the cancelled flight?

5. according to you "if you have a very important meeting to attend, then at that point you automatically should look for alternate options".

6. what is the transit city this individual in the story should have used as a transit city between PH and Lagos?
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Semaj77(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05
Exousiang01:

Rants of a retard, saying a man has never being to the airport does not automatically mean he is poor.
There are so many very rich folks out there who have never flown.
So you see how daft you sound.
Your yardstick for measuring wealth is taking a flight? And you think you are the smart one, you need to get your head checked.

About the flight slowpokes.
How were you expecting the passenger whose 11pm flight was canceled to get a flight on the same night?
The best you can get is the first flight in the morning that is even if it's not fully booked.
How dumb can you be expecting him to still book another flight at 11pm and fly.

Fish brain kids everywhere.

You're an slowpoke if you don't understand my post.
Where did I imply that he's rich because he has flown in an airplane or say someone is not rich because they haven't flown in an airplane If we even go back you're the one implying he's either not rich or of a lower social class because you don't even think he's been near a airport yet you wanna turn it around now. Also which airline schedules a local flight by 11pm in Nigeria ode , your ignorance is so appalling and you're so stewpid.
Your papa no be my mate sef so accord me as an elder when referring to me , oloriburuku omo , ashiere
Re: Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal by Marrtynze(m): 8:19am On Apr 14
Oshokhai69:

Stop asking me stupid question. Buy data and watch the damn video!
Wetin come dey make you vex like this on a faceless forum grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travelling To Kenya By Road>>> Is It Possible / Before You Pay That Malaysia Agent Read This / Kenya Visa Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.