Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Focus On Your Opportunities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Focus On Your Opportunities (54 Views)

Do Not Misuse Your Opportunities / Identifying Your Opportunities / Using Your Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Focus On Your Opportunities by Interesting15: 10:05am On Apr 05
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(5th April, 2024)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Focus On Your Opportunities

Matthew 25:22 NKJV‬‬
[22] He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’

*Message*

We live in an interconnected world where the average young chap from a third-world country is well familiar with the rights enjoyed by their counterparts in first-world countries. One of the implications of this reality is that a lot of third-world chaps are hating on their society for denying them their "rights" and even taking up violent means just to "fight for our rights".

Nevertheless, to win in life, you should learn to focus more on your opportunities, and not what you called your rights. People and circumstances should not determine your identity and fate - you have the power to change your own life with your own hands irrespective of where you found yourself.

You should swallow the bitter pill that we live in an imperfect world. A constant struggle to "secure your rights" could always bring discontentment in your life, and you will always be angry and resentful. Such a lifestyle will keep blinding you to opportunities that could have been embraced to climb ahead on the ladder and become all that God has destined you to be.

*In the parable of the Talents (Matthew 25), the guy given one talent by his Lord felt cheated and chose to blind himself to the immense opportunities and possibilities he could take advantage of to turn his fortune around with what he has. His ignorance didn't make him realize the fact that the tiniest opportunity or platform could make one a global phenomenon, which was what the guy given the two talents knew and took advantage of.*

*Prayers*
LORD, help me to be alive to the opportunities you have surrounded me with to make me a global phenomenon.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭
‭‭
Matthew 25:27-29 NKJV‬‬
[27] So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. [28] Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. [29] ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Commissioner For Youth And Sports, Hon Wasilat Adegoke, Brings Together Stak / The Battle Within / Will The Kingdom Of God End Suffering? Exploring Divine Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.