Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Danger Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Danger Of Religion (94 Views)

The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / The Horrible Danger Of Not Fearing God / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of Religion by Ken4Christ: 7:29am On Apr 06
Religion in my own definition is devotion and worship of the unseen deity in man's own way or through beliefs established by the founder of the religious movement. It gives the adherents a sense of fulfillment.

But the truth is that you can't find the true God through religion. You can't also be fully fulfilled practicing religion. And religion can't secure an eternal destiny for you in the kingdom of heaven. It doesn't matter the name of the religion or the number of followers. Whether it is Christian Religion, Islam, Hinduism etc, you can't find God through religion.

The greatest danger of religion is that its adherents are all trooping to hell without knowing it.

The only way to establish a relationship with me living God is through Jesus. True Christianity is not religion. It's a revelation of the righteousness of God. It's a revelation of the love of God. It's a revelation of the fatherhood of God. Finally, it's a revelation of the grace of God.

The scripture says;

Titus 2:11-12
11  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.

12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

Another reads;

Ephesians 2:8-10
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our Lord Jesus said;

John 14:6
......I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No one ever made a statement like this. It's either Jesus is lying or he meant what he said. And we know Jesus can't lie. And if what he said is true, then take it serious and receive the free gift of salvation.

No religion leads to God. Jesus is the only way to God.

1st Timothy 2:5.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Our Lord Jesus said;

John 3:16-18
 16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Why not receive the free gift of salvation today and establish a personal relationship with God. If you want to receive Jesus into your heart, please say this prayer aloud to your hearing;

Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that you died for me. And I believe that God raised you from the dead to justify me. I hereby confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior from this day henceforth. That you heavenly Father for saving me. According to your word, I am born again from this day henceforth in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Congratulations if you said this prayer.

Please find a Christ believing church to attend and grow in your new found faith.
Re: The Danger Of Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:45am On Apr 06
RELIGION

Belief in a spiritual or metaphysical reality accompanied by practices or rituals pertaining to the belief.

Whatever faith you profess is your religion as long as there are some people joining you in such practice.

So there is a true religion and many false religions around us it's the duty of the faithful person to figure out the true religion! smiley
Re: The Danger Of Religion by Veecruz: 7:53am On Apr 06
Ken4Christ:
Religion in my own definition is devotion and worship of the unseen deity in man's own way or through beliefs established by the founder of the religious movement. It gives the adherents a sense of fulfillment..

And your definition is wrong. Religion just simply means "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

And as man has a natural need to accomplish things, so does he have a natural need to connect to His Maker.

And because of this natural needs, he is can be swayed by people he is naturally supposed to rely on.
Re: The Danger Of Religion by Ken4Christ: 10:43am On Apr 06
Veecruz:

And your definition is wrong. Religion just simply means "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

And as man has a natural need to accomplish things, so does he have a natural need to connect to His Maker.

And because of this natural needs, he is can be swayed by people he is naturally supposed to rely on.

You are saying the same thing in another way. You can't find God with the pursuit of interest. Rather, God came down to us but so many are ignorant of it. And you can only find salvation when you accept the gift God has given to mankind. If you reject the gift, you are doomed.
Re: The Danger Of Religion by Veecruz: 11:28am On Apr 06
Ken4Christ:

You are saying the same thing in another way. You can't find God with the pursuit of interest. Rather, God came down to us but so many are ignorant of it. And you can only find salvation when you accept the gift God has given to mankind. If you reject the gift, you are doomed.

You are just mixing everything.

Pursuit is one thing, finding is another thing, and salvation is yet another thing notwithstanding that they all run into each other.
Re: The Danger Of Religion by Ken4Christ: 10:28pm On Apr 06
Veecruz:

You are just mixing everything.

Pursuit is one thing, finding is another thing, and salvation is yet another thing notwithstanding that they all run into each other.

The bottom line of my message is that God already found us and saved us. So, you don't need to search for God anymore. And the only channel to him is Jesus Christ. There is no other way. No matter how devoted you are to your religious beliefs, without Jesus you will land in the pit of hell.

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Actually Die And Rise Again? / Kingdom Prayers To Build Your Faith / How Pro Kingsley's Prophetic Statement About Naira And Untimely Death In Nollywo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.