Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria (189 Views)

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by CentralBank(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06
I've discovered that closing a bank account is a big deal in Nigeria.

The bankers will frown and refer you to the marketing unit, who will then give you a thousand reasons why you shouldn't close the account.

They will ask you to write to the manager of the branch where you opened the account, but the application never goes through.

I don't see the need having too many accounts.

Does anyone know the best and fastest approach to close a bank account in Nigeria?

Ironically, my Monika is CentralBank grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by dominique(f): 7:45pm On Apr 06
Just withdraw all your money and leave the account dormant

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by Ibaaboy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 06
just abandon the account na dem go close am by dem sef

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by FxExpo(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06
In this part of the country we don't stress ourselves to close bank account we just withdraw all our funds and abandon it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by uniqueuser(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06
My own Union Bank account that you must have a minimum operating balance of 1k? lai lai dey must close it and give me my 1k

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Close A Bank Account In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 8:28pm On Apr 06
Nigerians are too crooked. Thats the main reason. The minor reasons are deepseated mumu, greed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls., How Do I Solve This Meter Problem / Cheapest Data Reselling App And Website In Nigeria - Ultimate Guide 2024 / ₦2000 Discount Registration- Is METACLICK Legit Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.