Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,896 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam (41401 Views)

2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions & Guidelines [first Series] / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours / Futa Post Utme Form Is Out - Read Instructions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by adioolayi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07
Read all questions, especially number 10 is not a direct instructions to read question 10 first.

Abegi!

grin grin grin
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Jovi10: 7:32pm On Apr 07
bobkezel:
The examiner wrong. The instruction would have been

"you SHOULD read all the questions FIRST before you start answering...

The examiner was not wrong. With the way emphasis was made on question 10, a bright student will at least read that question 10 first to know what's there.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by free2ryhme: 7:32pm On Apr 07
obembet:
Reading instructions carefully can help us understand how to perform certain tasks and help us perform them efficiently. Reading instructions carefully also helps us to be organized and helps us avoid mistakes.

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by descarado: 7:32pm On Apr 07
Very intelligent examiner.
This is how to weed out the dull brains very fast.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by WantsandMore: 7:33pm On Apr 07
Back in school I was always the last to submit because I did spend my first 15 minutes gone through questions by the time I was done the answers to questions I know would be sitting on my finger tips with zero anxiety
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Princelumide: 7:33pm On Apr 07
The examiner is not wrong... That's why they wrote cognitive exercise on the heading of the examination question.

brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong...

The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there is when you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

The examiner just needs Jesus!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Shimran(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

I don't think the examiner is to be blamed.

By the rule of exam, it means you must have finished reading the instructions before starting the exam, and thank God it's been stated there in the instructions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 7:34pm On Apr 07
Cancelling of your work is allowed anywhere. So the candidate will still pass the exam after cancelling out all the answers he wrote earlier.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by udemzyudex(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:

Exactly.

3mins is too short to read all 15 and come back to start solving #1 so 99% will read #1, solve, move to #2, solve and so forth...

Dumb examiner.
I wouldn't want to work for them anyway.

3 minutes is not small, you can read all questions in less than 1 minute.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by CoronaVirusPro: 7:35pm On Apr 07
The teacher should be sacked and jailed!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Raylight2(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07
obembet:
Reading instructions carefully can help us understand how to perform certain tasks and help us perform them efficiently. Reading instructions carefully also helps us to be organized and helps us avoid mistakes.

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft

The person that set the question is very wrong. Asking me read all the questions especially question 10, didn't imply that I read them first before answering the questions. if this was an international exam and you fail me for it, I will take you to court.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Raylight2(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07
Shimran:

I don't think the examiner is to be blamed.

By the rule of exam, it means you must have finished reading the instructions before starting the exam, and thank God it's been stated there in the instructions.
read the instruction not the questions
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Royceey(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07
Some of this Unprepared Lecturers that will just enter Questionaire Platform, Copy and Paste Questions and then start Twisting the question to get students confused.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by maxiart2(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07
chigoziri2403:
The examiner is correct, the instructions is to read not solve

Exactly...
There was no where the instruction said "answer".

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by blowjohn(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07
brain54:

Wrong!!!

The exam is for Cognitive reasoning as stated on Top.

That means that the moment U see 'especially question 10', U shud, as a matter if fact, move Ur eyes to question 10.

After that U can continue with the Instructions amd then to the questions.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Raylight2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07
descarado:
Very intelligent examiner.
This is how to weed out the dull brains very fast.
no dull brain there. Just a unidirectional thinking examiner. He didn't put all factors into consideration.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by deeway200(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07
Rubbish
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Fatheroflove(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07
He said read all questions especially no. 10, curiosity will have taken you to number 10 to find out it is special
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by ForValour: 7:38pm On Apr 07
The examiners are the real failures in this case. ( 1 ) You dont hide instructions. ( 2 ) Instructions ought to come before the questions not in the mist of questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Chuksaluta(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The Instructions was to read the questions. No instruction was given to answer the question.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Benwallt(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.

Baba, when you see cheap questions, you will be itchy to write and finish first. Only very mature and calm people will survive 'f' in this paper.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by iHart(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07
Hmmm
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:41pm On Apr 07
udemzyudex:

3 minutes is not small, you can read all questions in less than 1 minute.

And solve them in 2 mins abi?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:42pm On Apr 07
Gadafii:
a smart student or candidate will read that question 10 first, its only unintelligent students that will read question one, solve then read question 2

Back then in school,I read all the questions first, identify the ones I can solve easily, mark them down, solve then and then focus on the ones that would give me issues, with that I am very efficient, because while solving the ones I know very well, ideas for the hard ones would fall in, it has always worked for me that way

A smarter student would know that 3mins is insufficient to answer 15 questions let alone read them first.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Manager001: 7:43pm On Apr 07
The examiner is right, No.10 question was the one my mind fly go first.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by maxiart2(m): 7:44pm On Apr 07
udemzyudex:

Na person like you dey fail simple exam.

It says read all 15 questions especially number 10.

Do you just start answering questions without going through all of them to see the ones you can easily answer and won't take much of your time?

I bet it's your type that will still be writing even when the examiner is saying pens up.

😂😂😂😂
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by iHart(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07
brain54:

the person that set the question is not wrong. The instruction did not say answer the questions. The instruction said "read". So it is expected that you read all questions first, especially number 10!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by ComeToJesus: 7:45pm On Apr 07
obembet:

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft

The operative words there are "Please READ all 15 questions.."

It never said "answer any one"

It's a way of sieving anyhowness comot for system.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Caleb15(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07
chikason22:
This is how Helinues behave. Always rush to spew gabbage without reading the storyline.

Very anyhow somebody.

Your siggy tho
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Taiwojon(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07
Wickedness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU / FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.