Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (31150 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by damoobaba: 9:49pm On Apr 09
wallarwallar:

Wetin Dj wan con perform 4 burial now and sad enough less than 40yrs. Wat @ u celebrating if l may ask useless frends. U guys shud be jailed for killing ur frend

Honestly the kind of friends people move with can determine how long they live. From the write up, its clear the OP doesnt know the exact age of their late friend. Whats the meaning of "LATE THIRTIES OR EARLY FORTIES". Oh God.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by KillahPriest: 10:07pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?
Immature kids una. You want to hold party for such a young man, please do so at a club or lounge instead of disrespecting his family and memory or are you happy he died without a wife and kids ?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09
KillahPriest:
Immature kids una. You want to hold party for such a young man, please do so at a club or lounge instead of disrespecting his family and memory or are you happy he died without a wife and kids ?
Ok
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by onecansee: 11:30pm On Apr 09
Vgg
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Juliearth(f): 11:50pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

His family members are right. Why hire a DJ for the wake keep of a man who died in his prime? That is very insensitive.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by dan4oster120(m): 11:50pm On Apr 09
I suspect that this group of friends who are planning on fun festival for their late young friend must have their hands in the death of their late friend and just want to celebrate the successful execution of their late friend in the wake keep... Police please do the needful for this wicked friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 12:10am On Apr 10
Juliearth:

His family members are right. Why hire a DJ for the wake keep of a man who died in his prime? That is very insensitive.
His family members are wrong. Do you think we lack places to have fun if it's fun that's our interest in the wake keep?
Personally, I can hire a dj to perform for me 365 days in a year so make una rest abeg.
Our late friend deserves the best he can get in his funeral and we as his friends are willing to make it happen.
BTW, his immediate elder brother has given us the go ahead to hold a proper befitting wake keep for him so every other mf can go n rot in in hell
sad
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 12:17am On Apr 10
dan4oster120:
I suspect that this group of friends who are planning on fun festival for their late young friend must have their hands in the death of their late friend and just want to celebrate the successful execution of their late friend in the wake keep... Police please do the needful for this wicked friends.
This is how you people go about making spurious allegations just to dent people's image. If I decide to take up this your senseless dumb accusation against my person you will be begging like a he-goat in heat. You better withdraw the accusation and tender an apology to me before I use you as a scapegoat.
Nonsense
angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by westside365: 12:43am On Apr 10
shortgun:

This is how you people go about making spurious allegations just to dent people's image. If I decide to take up this your senseless dumb accusation against my person you will be begging like a he-goat in heat. You better withdraw the accusation and tender an apology to me before I use you as a scapegoat.
Nonsense
angry

The so called friend no be your family member, you kon carry the Mata for head pass his family. I talk am, that burial organisation na there you go renew your power from the Ogboni or Blood money that i suspect you are. People who act like you always have a dirty secret or blood money. For your mind you go talk say this guy get me.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 12:55am On Apr 10
westside365:

The so called friend no be your family member, you kon carry the Mata for head pass his family. I talk am, that burial organisation na there you go renew your power from the Ogboni or Blood money that i suspect you are. People who act like you always have a dirty secret or blood money. For your mind you go talk say this guy get me.
OK, I be ritualist carry police come arrest me.
Make i send you my address?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OChimex: 5:31am On Apr 10
shortgun:

I am not here to brag about how we've stood for this our friend.
Stop quoting scriptures to me cos I may know the Bible more than you do.

Acts 8:2
Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation about him

Lamentation is crying . This guy, not wild parties at night in the name of wake, which was why the deceased older mature people/ family objected, but una Wan do una childish thing against their will.
The last respect you pay to the dead is to respect the wish of his family.
The dead knows nothing, says the Bible. Which was why Jesus referred to the death of Lazarus as being in deep sleep.
You dead friend knows not whatever unnecessary things una Wan do...
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OChimex: 5:33am On Apr 10
OChimex:

In the bible times, people only mourn and not tbrow wild parties during burials. Lamentation is crying . This guy, not wild parties at night in the name of wake, which was why the deceased older mature people/ family objected, but una Wan do una childish thing against their will.
The last respect you pay to the dead is to respect the wish of his family.
The dead knows nothing, says the Bible. Which was why Jesus referred to the death of Lazarus as being in deep sleep.
You dead friend knows not whatever unnecessary things una Wan do...
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by prophetfire: 6:40am On Apr 10
shortgun:

Oga shut up abeg, are you wiser than all the pharaohs who pyramids were built to honor their passing?
You will just open mouth like Cow to spew garbage
. angry
. You are just from the generation of demented fools and only foolishness runs in your bloodline.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by NoToPile: 6:48am On Apr 10
He is young he is an oku-ofo, where I come from culturally even an obituary is not meant to be printed for 40years below. He's even unmarried, no wife no child it makes it worse in Yoruba culture. Everything should be done quietly, Its elderly people Yorubas will throw parties for.

Now he is from the north again, burials are always solemn there, there's a woman from Bauchi in our church, she always can't wrap her head around it when she sees the feferity done even for very old members burial. The northern culture doesn't generally support partying at burials and the fact that he's young makes it worse.

It depends on where the OP and majority of his friends are from, they might not see anything wrong in it because of their cultural orientation some cultures go as far as printing posters for little children, holding elaborate programme's...... I personally cringe when I see such events because of my cultural orientation.

Now I don't see the need for the dragging of the family, wishes of family members must always be respected always, let them mourn their son how they deem fit.

I also don't understand why the OP is not listening to what the majority are telling him.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Psoul(m): 6:58am On Apr 10
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

How old is the oldest in that your group of friends?
Seems all of u are of the last part of Gen-Z youths.

Can u imagine hw dis generation thinks.
Because u guys are the one contributing the money, someone said u guys should ignore the family of the deceased and go ahead to hos that burial party in the residence of their deceased child thereby challenging their opinion on family issue that concerns them than u guys.

So you think u have more right over the dead friend than the family?
Moreover, this guy is still a bachalor. Before now, once a bachelor dies, no gathering is held for him. He will be buried immediately without having any gathering than the few that will take him to his grave.

The family is bn rational here and u guys want to turn the burial into a funfare where u guys will and ur girlfriends will come to party.
If u guys really feel the demise of this guy and have respect for the family, you should carry that family along in whatever u want to do concerning his burial. If u can, make contribution and give to the parents to console them.
Stop causing them more problems by dragging what should or should not be done with them. It's very insensitive of u guys.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by PROPEACE: 8:11am On Apr 10
Fulgur:

Since when are friends in charge of someone's funeral arrangements? Even in the lawless and woke land of the West, they still respect the facts that burial rites are family affair.

You and your friends should respect yourselves and mind your business.
Toh me I wonder o! The thing dey surprise me sha. The guy is the only one I see so far in the comment section supporting the dj idea and I wonder, did the deceased have friends?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 8:23am On Apr 10
Lance008:

You Dey crase

Everything Na memories
Celebrate ur frd hw u like
you be Animal. Celebrate your friend when he/she is still alive
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 8:37am On Apr 10
WriterX:
Hey listen, first of all Rest in peace to the deceased, its thought of you to want to do such for the deceased, he must have been quite close to you and your circle of friends.

Listen here is my advice considering burial is quite a sensitive or over sensitive thing in this part but overall

1. Kindly Respect The Wishes of Your friend's family, since he is no more, his family represents him closely. Respecting the family is also respecting him. Also remember, your actions will also show the kind of friends he kept around, people will judge him and his family from what they see and hear on that day, there is enough grief for them and I am sure your well felt and kind hearted gesture can be carried out in a way that satisfies you all.

2. You can decide to throw your own private get together after the main thing has been done, you can discuss with the family to help ensure the plan can be merged to profit you both. I think there may be a way for both your plans to coexist and fulfill all purposes, think and be creative.

3. You honor his family is you also honoring him, Don't threaten the family with your support withdrawal I do plead on that course, There is going to be a lot of emotions on that day Sir, I watched my dad grow old and sick and his last days in the hospital bed before his death and burial.

See it's no easy thing to see someone you love as a family or friend die.

But Show Honor and Respect To Your Friend and His Family. I leave you with this quote i made up

"The only time we know who really are family are those who stood by us in life and after death."

Thanks.
I don't believe in after death. Celebrate me while I'm still alive. Dead doesn't eat chicken nor Shawarma. The only thing you owe me after life is to put the person below six feet simple. Any other thing after that is rubbish.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 8:39am On Apr 10
Lance008:

Dem tell u say na for their family house
The guy is from north west but reside in Abuja
Una can behave lik say Na Una lik person pass and deep inside Na Una wicked pass
So he friends no fit organized party as a remembrance for field ?
do that party in your house without involving any member of the family. Simple

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 8:49am On Apr 10
shortgun:
All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
We don go plenty wake keeping together with him , his own won't be different
angry
if i was the deceased family, i will lock you and your other senseless friends up.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Lance008(m): 8:49am On Apr 10
Villa12:
you be Animal. Celebrate your friend when he/she is still alive
Na u be the biggest animal
All this mak u Dey talk no count
The only way to remember the dead is to celebrate is life well spent on earth
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 8:51am On Apr 10
Lance008:

Na u be the biggest animal
All this mak u Dey talk no count
The only way to remember the dead is to celebrate is life well spent on earth
you be mumu. Which life was well spent at 30s with no wife and kids? Someone that still has parents and elder siblings? Animal
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 9:14am On Apr 10
shortgun:

If we want to act insensitive we will all be in our houses and enjoy sleep for the night. Do you think it's easy to abandon the comfort of our homes to spend the night outside for our late friend.
None of the family members knows our friend more than we do.
His immediate elder brother has given us go ahead to hold the wake keep, every other of his relatives can go and die
angry
you're lucky i am not one of your late friend family. You and your friends will be locked up and investigated. You're responsible for his death. Nobody can stop me, not even my father, mother, elder brother, elder sister. Nobody! Useless friends
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Villa12:
you're lucky i am not one of your late friend family. You and your friends will be locked up and investigated. You're responsible for his death. Nobody can stop me, not even my father, mother, elder brother, elder sister. Nobody! Useless friends
Keyboard king Kong grin grin
If you see me for real life you go evaporate grin grin
Locked up for what crime exactly?
You watch too much nollywood don't confuse the movie world with reality.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 9:25am On Apr 10
shortgun:

His family members are wrong. Do you think we lack places to have fun if it's fun that's our interest in the wake keep?
Personally, I can hire a dj to perform for me 365 days in a year so make una rest abeg.
Our late friend deserves the best he can get in his funeral and we as his friends are willing to make it happen.
BTW, his immediate elder brother has given us the go ahead to hold a proper befitting wake keep for him so every other mf can go n rot in in hell
sad
I hope you know nairaland is not completely anonymous. You can be tracked and get arrested, including your useless friends. Na una kill una friend. A thorough investigation must be done.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 9:27am On Apr 10
shortgun:

Keyboard king Kong grin grin
If you see me for real life you go evaporate grin grin
Locked up for what crime exactly?
You watch too much nollywood don't confuse the movie world with reality.
the last time i checked, you're not on Forbes list even with your dirty money. I go lock all of una up until investigation is done. Na una kill that friend.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by greypencils: 9:40am On Apr 10
Hold your party on another day after the wake keep and burial rites have been completed according to the dictates of the family. It doesn't have to be his residence and they don't have to be in attendance.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Freshboi316(m): 10:58am On Apr 10
Which kind human being dis people be, haba now.

Having fun at a young man's burial what kind of generation is dis abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by eaglez(m): 11:10am On Apr 10
Respect the wish of the family, he belonged to a family before he became your friend.
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 11:31am On Apr 10
Villa12:
the last time i checked, you're not on Forbes list even with your dirty money. I go lock all of una up until investigation is done. Na una kill that friend.
grin grin grin
People who were no where near the scene of a motor accident will be investigated and locked up for causing the accident?
Irrational beings exhibiting irrationality, such as yourself should be restrained in a cage to mitigate the harmful impact of your nonsensical ideologies on others. angry
Nonsense
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Villa12(m): 11:39am On Apr 10
shortgun:

grin grin grin
People who were no where near the scene of a motor accident will be investigated and locked up for causing the accident?
Irrational beings exhibiting irrationality, such as yourself should be restrained in a cage to mitigate the harmful impact of your nonsensical ideologies on others. angry
Nonsense

you and your useless friends are prime suspect. Once the deceased family go to station and make a report concerning their dead son and the rubbish y'all are planning to do. Trust me, each and everyone of you will be put behind bar. Maybe you can do the useless party at the station

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Poleski: 12:35pm On Apr 10
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

If you want to respect the dead, you should also respect his family's wish. You and your friends can take your DJ somewhere else and party in your late friend's honor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Birthday Party In Abuja (Pics) / Kenyan Couple Finally Wed, After Living Together For 67years (Photos) / Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.