Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee (390 Views)

CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by samebony1: 1:02pm On Apr 09
Madowo, who made this known on his LinkedIn account on Monday, disclosed that despite holding a Kenyan passport, which grants visa-free access to numerous African nations such as Uganda, South Africa, and Ghana, Nigeria requires a substantial fee of $215 for a single-entry visa.
He wrote, “Nigeria just charged me $215 for a one-month, single entry visa. Again. I was here three weeks ago – paid the same $215. This is actually my third time in Nigeria this year, so they have made $645 from me in 2024 alone.
“The visa itself costs $25, but Nigeria charges a $20 ‘processing fee’ and $170 for biometrics every time. My fingerprints haven’t changed since I was here three weeks ago. Why am I paying $170 to have them taken and to pose for a picture each time I visit? Isn’t that a standard part of admitting someone into a country?
“How can we achieve a borderless Africa, or the promise of the AfCFTA, if we charge Africans $215 for a single-entry visa?
“In the three weeks since I was last in Lagos, I went to Uganda, South Africa, and Ghana, where I don’t need a visa with a Kenyan passport. In fact, I’ve also been to South Africa three times this year. It cost me $0, like the ancestors intended.
“Nigeria’s visa-on-arrival system is similar to the ‘visa-free’ delusion of Kenya’s Electronic Travel Authorisation – you apply in advance, submit some documents, and wait for it to be approved. It can take up to five business days. If you know ‘someone,’ you can pay them $50 or more to ‘facilitate’ a faster approval.
“I love Nigeria, but the visa situation is showing me shege. It’s too much oo! Why this Shege Pro Max?”
I want to ask him if Kenyan gives Visa waiver to Nigerian
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by SadiqBabaSani: 1:16pm On Apr 09
Mr Journalist how much would it cost in Kenya?
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by CandidAdmin(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09
Nigeria needs to be soft on other African countries.
However, the difficulty in getting a visa for others can remain.
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by thesicilian: 1:59pm On Apr 09
See the way he's crying. When the Americans he works for and Europeans are bleeding us dry every day no one bats an eyelid. They want a border less Africa but create heavy borders between Africa and the rest of the world.
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by BondRiv: 2:08pm On Apr 09
Don't know about Kenya but this is what we should be doing with countries that treat us the same way. If I had my way, the embassy of the UAE would have been closed. As for the usual suspects like the USA, UK, etc, it should be reciprocal.
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Tunde835(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09
Tell him to shut the Bleep up and pay. European and american countries treat africans worst.
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by hisgrace090: 2:23pm On Apr 09
Nobody living in Nigeria is exempted from high prices or cost of almost everything as everyone turns super greedy today both govt and individual.
I pity the poor Nigerians who're becoming poorer daily by high cost of everything.
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by meobizy(f): 3:22pm On Apr 09
Isn't CNN paying well?
Re: CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Mindlog: 3:37pm On Apr 09
SadiqBabaSani:
Mr Journalist how much would it cost in Kenya?
$51

(1) (Reply)

22 Amazing Coastline Of The World / Traffic Alert: Auto Crash At Fadeyi – See Photos / Information About Autensitication Of Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.