Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,738 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today (13085 Views)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 61st Birthday In Style. See The Cakes He Received / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by nlfpmod: 9:03am On Apr 10
Birthday: Aliko Dangote Turns 67 Today!

Aliko Dangote (Listen) GCON (born 10 April 1957) is a Nigerian business magnate who is the founder, chairman, and CEO of the Dangote Group, the largest industrial conglomerate in West Africa. According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Dangote's net worth is estimated at US$19.9 billion as of April 2023, making him the richest person in Africa and richest black person and 83rd in the world.

Early life

Dangote was born in Kano, Kano State into a wealthy Hausa Muslim family. Dangote's mother, Mariya Sanusi Dantata, was the daughter of businessman Sanusi Dantata. Aliko Dangote's father, Mohammed Dangote, was a business associate of Sanusi Dantata. Through his mother, Dangote is the great-grandson of Alhassan Dantata, the richest West African at the time of his death in 1955.

Dangote was educated at the Sheikh Ali Kumasi Madrasa, followed by Capital High School, Kano. In 1978, he graduated from the Government College, Birnin Kudu. He received a bachelor's degree in business studies and administration from Al-Azhar University, Cairo.

Business career

The Dangote Group was established as a small trading firm in 1977, the same year Dangote relocated to Lagos to expand the company. Dangote received a ₦500,000 loan from his uncle to begin trading in commodities including bagged cement as well as agricultural goods like rice and sugar. In the 1990s, he approached the Central Bank of Nigeria with the idea that it would be cheaper for the bank to allow his transport company to manage their fleet of staff buses, a proposal that was also approved.

Today, the Dangote Group is one of the largest conglomerates in Africa, with international operations in Benin, Ghana, Zambia and Togo. The Dangote Group has moved from being a trading company to be the largest industrial group in Nigeria, encompassing divisions like Dangote Sugar Refinery, Dangote Cement, and Dangote Flour. Dangote Group dominates the sugar market in Nigeria, with its refinery business is the main supplier (70 percent of the market) to the country's soft drink companies, breweries and confectioners. The company employs more than 11,000 people in West Africa.

In July 2012, Dangote approached the Nigerian Ports Authority to lease an abandoned piece of land at the Apapa Port, which was approved. He later built facilities for his sugar company there. It is the largest refinery in Africa and the third largest in the world, producing 800,000 tonnes of sugar annually. The Dangote Group owns salt factories and flour mills and is a major importer of rice, fish, pasta, cement, and fertiliser. The company exports cotton, cashew nuts, cocoa, sesame seeds, and ginger to several countries. Additionally, it has major investments in real estate, banking, transport, textiles, oil, and gas.

In February 2022, Dangote announced the completion of Peugeot assembling facility in Nigeria following his partnership with Stellantis Group, the parent company of Peugeot, the Kano and Kaduna state government. The new automobile company, Dangote Peugeot Automobiles Nigeria Limited (DPAN) factory which is based in Kaduna commenced operations with the roll-out of Peugeot 301, Peugeot 5008, 3008, 508 and Land Trek."

Wealth

Dangote became Nigeria's first billionaire in 2007. Dangote reportedly added $9.2 billion to his personal wealth in 2013, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, making him the thirtieth-richest person in the world at the time, and the richest person in Africa. In 2015, the HSBC leaks revealed that Dangote was a HSBC client and that he had assets in a tax haven in the British Virgin Islands. As of June 2022, Dangote is the wealthiest person in Africa, with an estimated net worth of US$20 billion.

Personal life

Dangote lives in Lagos, Nigeria. He has been married and divorced twice. He has three daughters – Mariya, Halima, Fatimah and an adopted son, Abdulrahman. Aliko's brother, Sani Dangote, died on 14 November 2021 from colon cancer.

Dangote is known for his simple and austere lifestyle; he reportedly works 12 hours a day beginning at 5am and goes to the gym six times a week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliko_Dangote

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by LagosFirstSon: 9:04am On Apr 10
Congrats big man

21 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by JimohMomoh: 9:04am On Apr 10
Happy Birthday Billionaire 🎂

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by aremubabs: 9:04am On Apr 10
Mmm...
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by merits(m): 9:04am On Apr 10
Saboteur if you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Coolestguy2023: 9:04am On Apr 10
Happy birthday the defacto President

25 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by tefishy(m): 9:05am On Apr 10
Dangote, Happy birthday. Today will be a perfect day to drop fertilizer, cement, petrol and diesel price.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by ayjay45: 9:05am On Apr 10
I wish say this man na my papa.
I love my present papa but 💰 🤑

20 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by odinaccess: 9:05am On Apr 10
Oga who your birthday help, Mr monopolist capitalist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by nedekid: 9:05am On Apr 10
He should let the poor "breathe".
Happy birthday dangote.

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Racoon(m): 9:06am On Apr 10
Happy birthday 🎂 sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by 99thEnemy(m): 9:06am On Apr 10
Newspapers, Magazines and other various media outlets will cashout.

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by MrJames007: 9:08am On Apr 10
The wife was pretty.

7 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Chevrolet076(m): 9:08am On Apr 10
nlfpmod:
Birthday: Aliko Dangote Turns 67 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliko_Dangote

Approaches this, approached that, partnered with this, partnered with that.

Dangote's strategy is clear. Identity new sector, capitalize on it, make competition (almost) impossible. And continue to dominate . Meanwhile using external resources to power or fund everything.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by richard870(m): 9:09am On Apr 10
Mr Monopoly
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by YoungLionken(m): 9:09am On Apr 10
It takes talent/career to make money,but brain to keep it going..

Happy birthday sir ALIKO DANGOTE! You will continue to glow and grow in wisdom, sound health and stupendous wealth that no force can shut!!

I can only but imagine the numerous calls, texts, posts, comments, etc, currently ongoing, from his fellow billionaires, friends, family, governments, etc, for his sake today..

Your birthday (today) has reminded me yet again, on the need to be wealthy (stupendously)...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Paragon311(m): 9:09am On Apr 10
Happy beautiful birthday Boss Man.

Keep keeping on big time.

Many more years of God's outstanding love and blessings in all spheres of life positively for you and all yours. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by EnglishUsa: 9:09am On Apr 10
grin grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Blossomcresty(m): 9:10am On Apr 10
HBD Dangote

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by TouchNfollow(f): 9:10am On Apr 10
Aliko D. is a big name.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Kizzygentle: 9:10am On Apr 10
So this man never reach 75yrs and I have been hearing him as a billionaire for over 35 yrs. Meaning he became a billionaire at around 25yrs or less.. omo.. Happy birthday guyman. See as him hold him baby Bobby that year for inside yatch.

5 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:12am On Apr 10
The name that ring bells
The current black richest man

The mover and shaker of Nigeria, Africa and world Economy.

Happy Birthday To Aliko Dangote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Blossomcresty(m): 9:12am On Apr 10
richard870:
Mr Monopoly

It takes real Grace to run a business and be successful in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Treasure17(m): 9:13am On Apr 10
Happy birthday my guy. Drop your Aza Dangote, let me wire something to your account. We rise by lifting others.

8 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by odinaccess: 9:14am On Apr 10
tefishy:
Dangote, Happy birthday. Today will be a perfect day to drop fertilizer, cement, petrol and diesel price.

If wishes were horses, someone working so hard to kill every competition so he can increase the price more

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Abbeyme: 9:14am On Apr 10
So, how much will diesel be bought at the pump
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Lamasta(m): 9:14am On Apr 10
So I and boss Dangote share the same birth date grin

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Treasure17(m): 9:15am On Apr 10
Abbeyme:
H
Boko Haram
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by dahmie2013: 9:16am On Apr 10
Happy Birthday Dangote. Congratulations...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by Vipro(m): 9:17am On Apr 10
Treasure17:
Happy birthday my guy. Drop your Aza Dangote, let me wire something to your account. We rise by lifting others.

Wire me instead, I am a student and I need it badly abeg
Re: Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today by bigdammyj: 9:17am On Apr 10
Noted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

With 1,200,000 Which Legit Business Can I Start In Ibadan / 3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / Inventions That Can Make You Rich (both In Nigeria And Abroad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.