Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company (25610 Views)

Beta Glass Plc Chairman, Otumba Abimbola Ogunbanjo Dies In Helicopter Crash / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs / Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by 79733139(m): 8:41am On Apr 11
SpatialKing:

Guess what,

The helicopter company has recovered all the money through profits and insurance...

But did it bring Kobe and his daughter back to life?

Of course, shift the goal post when you get hit with facts. Even a toddler knows that money doesn't bring people back to life. Your argument was that the family would lose the lawsuit and not that "money doesn't bring people back to life". grin grin
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by crackhouse(m): 8:45am On Apr 11
atobs4real:
I support your move. The family needs to cash out
must everything be cash out? Suing them will make them not to repeat same thing next time and it will help save life in future..
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by tophempire: 8:45am On Apr 11
They deserve themselves.... BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, A FAMILY THAT BUILT A SCHOOL IN NIGRRIA AND WANTS US TO PAY IN DOLLARS INSTEAD OF OUR NAIRA SHOULD DIE OVER AND OVER AGAIN πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

THAT COMPANY WILL STILL WIN, AND MORE OF THE FAMILY MEMBER WILL DIEπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Goldbw122(m): 8:47am On Apr 11
I know it will come to this..
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Emmanuel30a2: 8:51am On Apr 11
KillIgbohoN0W:

Nlfpmod fergie001
Source: Press Enterprise
Useless! Nonsense and ingredients...! U for sue and pursue GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST... E be like say your legs still dey wear shoes, so you get strength to sue and pursue...?
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by pattybf(f): 8:52am On Apr 11
FreeStuffsNG:
Very good. The Nigerian Government will give the Ogunbanjos all the support too.

That helicopter company must be held to full account. If they love to waste the lives of their own citizens, too bad for them, but the Ogunbanjos of Erunwon, Ijebu Ode, will have none of it.

It's so upsetting how they kill people in helicopter crashes in the US and just move on as if it's normal to waste lives. It's alien to us here in Nigeria o. We value lives and family from where we come from.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Since when please or are you referring to another Nigeria?
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by atobs4real(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
crackhouse:
must everything be cash out? Suing them will make them not to repeat same thing next time and it will help save life in future..
For your pocket.
Dey play.
They are bound to happen
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Chemlite: 9:04am On Apr 11
No wonder Nigerians hardly believe the ability of youths. They always tag it youthful exuberant. Pilots are 25 and 22!

The company should carry out regular training and check mental health status of its employees.

Great loss indeed.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by SpatialKing(m): 9:08am On Apr 11
79733139:

Of course, shift the goal post when you get hit with facts. Even a toddler knows that money doesn't bring people back to life. Your argument was that the family would lose the lawsuit and not that "money doesn't bring people back to life". grin grin

Like I said the family won't win any lawsuit against the company because the company can blame it on the Man, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the National Aviation Safety Plan (NASP) which will drag the USA government into the litigation...

However,
There is already death insurance package payable to the family which the company can decide to increase or add up...

But a law suit against company won't work and has never worked, moreover technical details of the crash investigation are not ready...
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by 79733139(m): 9:13am On Apr 11
grin Oh... you are back to your former argument... grin

SpatialKing:

Like I said the family won't win any lawsuit against the company because the company can blame it on the Man, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the National Aviation Safety Plan (NASP) which will drag the USA government into the litigation...

However,
There is already death insurance package payable to the family which the company can decide to increase or add up...

But a law suit against company won't work and has never worked, moreover technical details of the crash investigation are not ready...
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by portacabin: 9:15am On Apr 11
iichidodo:
The worse airframe you can risk your life on is an helicopter. Infact I still believe,whoever invented it was very high because there's a lot wrong with it....Too stuffy, underpowered with one too many hard points that causes drag therefore, as a pilot, it always tries to kill you in a crash instead of staying in flight like a normal aeroplane. That's why it's was originally made for military purposes because soldiers taking risks and dying isn't a big deal, but civilians? Especially billionaire civilians ??
I have flown in company helicopter 2 times, a week for 3 years , and never experienced any issue.
Helicopter technology is proven

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by huptin(m): 9:25am On Apr 11
The "flee Nigeria so that Nigeria will not happen to crew" weldone...what if abroad happens to you? Where will you flee to?

Now a family that have sense have done the right thing...that copter company wasted the lives of illustrious sons and daughters of a nation due to carelessness...they should pay...simple.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Fash20: 9:25am On Apr 11
iichidodo:
The worse airframe you can risk your life on is an helicopter. Infact I still believe,whoever invented it was very high because there's a lot wrong with it....Too stuffy, underpowered with one too many hard points that causes drag therefore, as a pilot, it always tries to kill you in a crash instead of staying in flight like a normal aeroplane. That's why it's was originally made for military purposes because soldiers taking risks and dying isn't a big deal, but civilians? Especially billionaire civilians ??

I agree with you
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by SpatialKing(m): 9:32am On Apr 11
79733139:
grin Oh... you are back to your former argument... grin

I never abandoned my argument in the first place..

The family will never will a law case a against the company because it will set a bad precedent..

They should eventually accept the issuance claims and settlements
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Kobicove(m): 9:59am On Apr 11
Fairview1:
As a Nigerian who has watched the "Blacklist" from season 1 to season 10, I have always suspected the fishy mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of this our Nigerian STAR banker.

After watching one of his interviews where he outlined his plans on how he's going to position Access Bank to lift the African economy like it's done in other parts of the world, I sense someone who's envious of his daring courage must have snuffed out his life.

With the world of Chips and coordinated GPS tracking device, systems and technologies, anything is possible.

They should investigate further about his. It's important, even though that's not going to bring him back, but it will go along way to serve as a cautionary measure for the aircraft manufacturers to tighten their security measures.

Rubbish conspiracy theory! undecided
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Believeintruth: 10:03am On Apr 11
FreeStuffsNG:
Very good. The Nigerian Government will give the Ogunbanjos all the support too.

That helicopter company must be held to full account. If they love to waste the lives of their own citizens, too bad for them, but the Ogunbanjos of Erunwon, Ijebu Ode, will have none of it.

It's so upsetting how they kill people in helicopter crashes in the US and just move on as if it's normal to waste lives. It's alien to us here in Nigeria o. We value lives and family from where we come from.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Did Nigerian government tell you that they will give support?
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Kobicove(m): 10:09am On Apr 11
Chemlite:
No wonder Nigerians hardly believe the ability of youths. They always tag it youthful exuberant. Pilots are 25 and 22!

The company should carry out regular training and check mental health status of its employees.

Great loss indeed.

Personally speaking I would not agree to fly in a helicopter piloted by such young pilots who are even barely out of their teens. angry

If it had been more mature pilots they would have been bold enough to stand up to their superiors to justify why it would not be such a good idea to fly in such bad weather.

Whether people believe it or not the fact remains that there is no substitute for experience and maturity in certain instances!

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Believeintruth: 10:10am On Apr 11
pattybf:

Since when please or are you referring to another Nigeria?

Are you minding that otimkpu of a fellow.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by ComeToJesus: 10:13am On Apr 11
Since that young pilot alongside others plunged into the Lagos lagoon in that ill fated chopper, followed by Kobe's death in the crash, nothing fit make me mount that airplane wannabe.

I go use road, make una dey go..
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by wakaman: 10:45am On Apr 11
kingreign:

If you have no thick skin to weather social media jokes and banter, stay off social media.

For your mind you think say because you na military dictator or junta e concern me?

For your mind, Arifar integrated construction, you wan threaten me? πŸ˜‚
Better calm down you no reach.

I get your contact and I know you more than you think.

Listen again.
I am not your friend to banter and joke with.
As per staying off Social media, that's my prerogative.
I am sure when I registered on nairaland you were probably in secondary school or ....
Desist .
I am not your friend.
You won't survive the violence.

I am not threatening you, I would make it happen.
If that is how you banter with your friends, don't bring it to me.
I am not your friend.

The slap is the issue, get that into your head.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by kingreign(m): 11:21am On Apr 11
wakaman:

Listen again.
I am not your friend to banter and joke with.
As per staying off Social media, that's my prerogative.
I am sure when I registered on nairaland you were probably in secondary school or ....
Desist .
I am not your friend.
You won't survive the violence.

I am not threatening you, I would make it happen.
If that is how you banter with your friends, don't bring it to me.
I am not your friend.

The slap is the issue, get that into your head.

You and your minions can DO NOTHIN. Empty threats from you. Talking about time when you started social media vs me is your only life achievement such a shame.

Back to the threats you are dishing out, I just hope you know that you're not invincible and it won't take much for me to fish you out and make you face the law for cyber bully and threats to life.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by BabaRamota1980: 11:35am On Apr 11
Linesman:
At the end of the day, it won't bring back his Life and the Lives of those that were lost with him.
It is Well even inside the WELL.

A very inept input. Their lawsuit is not to bring him back to life. They know he is dead and cannot be resurrected, it is unintelligent to phrase that into your input.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by wakaman: 11:36am On Apr 11
kingreign:

You and your minions can DO NOTHIN. Empty threats from you. Talking about time when you started social media vs me is your only life achievement such a shame.

Back to the threats you are dishing out, I just hope you know that you're not invincible and it won't take much for me to fish you out and make you face the law for cyber bully and threats to life.
You just don't know when to shut up.

You threatened me with a slap.and said and I am saying you survive the violence, you can't.
Desist.
Be careful.
Shut up.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by writeprof(m): 11:41am On Apr 11
Necessary.

Both pilots β€” Benjamin Pettingill, 25, and Blake Hansen, 22 β€” also died. They were licensed as commercial helicopter pilots as well as flight instructors.

Imagine the age of the pilots How many years did these children train and how many years experience do they possess to carry people in such a weather

Wigwe's family should also be interested in the case.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by Kasdat5(m): 11:46am On Apr 11
kingreign:

Nairaland don cause too many see finish o . Na that "MINIONS" part give me laff . Good day sir
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by kingreign(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11
Kasdat5:

Nairaland don cause too many see finish o . Na that "MINIONS" part give me laff . Good day sir

Good afternoon boss. I hail you sir. How the sallah break been go sir?
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by kingreign(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11
wakaman:

You just don't know when to shut up.

You threatened me with a slap.and said and I am saying you survive the violence, you can't.
Desist.
Be careful.
Shut up.

I still repeat, shut up your filthy mouth some of you these silly little kids just think because you belong to a cult oryou know someone you'd go about threatening people anyhow abi?
If I want to start with you, your confraternity won't be there to save you from the wrath of the law. Do NOT think for once you're talking to a baby, and do NOT think I can do nothing.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by neyobills: 12:21pm On Apr 11
This case is as watery as kirikiri beans,the technicalities are faulty,an helicopter can fly as long as the SOP is followed,checklist done and parameters of visibility and wind speed are met,as long as they were cleared by ATC for take off then they have nothing to hold the charter company for,if an aircraft runs into IMC(instrument meterological conditions) during a flight its obviously not the fault of the charter company,Its akin to hearing the weather forecast for the day as sunny for example in Lagos,then an accident happens on the Lagos Ibadan expressway,then the victims family are blaming the bus company that he should not have travelled since he knew it would rain,of course even weather forecasts are not 100% accurate,what they can hold on to is for example the training of the pilots,airwothiness of the aircraft or make investigations about the company itself and find some dirt to hold on to,the defence would be a walk in the park in this case.
Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by sunsweet33: 12:25pm On Apr 11
Because the helicopter was full of blacks and the pilots were junior that’s why they just wasted them like that. Maybe even purposely to wipe them out

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company by wakaman: 12:45pm On Apr 11
kingreign:

I still repeat, shut up your filthy mouth some of you these silly little kids just think because you belong to a cult oryou know someone you'd go about threatening people anyhow abi?
If I want to start with you, your confraternity won't be there to save you from the wrath of the law. Do NOT think for once you're talking to a baby, and do NOT think I can do nothing.

Let's escalate this, since you want to continue to be a fool.
I am not a cultist, I don't need to be one or don't need a mob to bring you violence.

You just crossed the line.
I dare your forebearers to step out.
You are the kid here.

Again, you won't survive the violence.
I dare your father if you have one.

Bloody son of a Gun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway / FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall / Female 'keke Napep' Driver Spotted At Michael Opera University In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.