Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. (276 Views)

Inter State Movement May Resume June 21 - Bashir Ahmad / Lockdown: Inter-State Travellers Intercepted In Enugu, Turned Back / Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11
These drivers carry a full bus load of sentient human beings and drive full speed like phycho maniacs and drag road with each other on death defying speeds that can't survive the slightest accident.

Passengers beg and caution them to stop being reckless and they curse out at the passengers and continue the senseless recklessness.

I used to herald ABC transport because their busses had automatic speed limiters back then but obviously they too have discarded the speed limits and joined the bandwagon of recklessness.

You simply arrive at a journey now only by luck and if there's someone praying and fasting for you and not by any means by the careful administration and vehicle control of a professional driver.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by hisgrace090: 12:45pm On Apr 11
Very pathetic I may say.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by immortalcrown(m): 1:09pm On Apr 11
GUO customer care calls me and sends me a feedback form each time I travel by the company's vehicle.

Aside the calls and the forms, I the drivers I have traveled with crossed the speed of 120 only during overtakes and this happened on just a countable number of times. I am very sure because I always book the front seat.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:20pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
GUO customer care calls me and sends me a feedback form each time I travel by the company's vehicle.

Aside the calls and the forms, I the drivers I have traveled with crossed the speed of 120 only during overtakes and this happened on just a countable number of times. I am very sure because I always book the front seat.

My cousin traveled with GUO this past Friday and driver was driving so dangerously and my cousin had to yell and warn him that he will report to the office before driver only chose to behave himself a bit
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by immortalcrown(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11
WeNoGoDie:
My cousin traveled with GUO this past Friday and driver was driving so dangerously and my cousin had to yell and warn him that he will report to the office before driver only chose to behave himself a bit
I honestly have never experienced such with GUO. But my journey with the company has always been between Enugu and Lagos (Ajah)
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 7:01pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
I honestly have never experienced such with GUO. But my journey with the company has always been between Enugu and Lagos (Ajah)

You need to travel more to see for yourself. I know there's still a few Sensible drivers. But they're too few. Maybe 5%.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by immortalcrown(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11
WeNoGoDie:

You need to travel more to see for yourself. I know there's still a few Sensible drivers. But they're too few. Maybe 5%.
For the past 6 or 7 years, I traveled between Lagos and Enugu at least 10 times yearly. Isn't this rate enough for the experience you talk about?
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:02am On Apr 12
immortalcrown:
For the past 6 or 7 years, I traveled between Lagos and Enugu at least 10 times yearly. Isn't this rate enough for the experience you talk about?

I haven't personally traveled with GUO but I see them on the road regularly when I travel and they're always in a haste and drag road on high speed with other drivers. That's my point. Dragging road on high speed is extremely dangerous and has documented many accidents with zero survivors.

Of course a lot of drivers get away with dangerous driving on regular basis and even some blinded passengers urge them to speed.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by immortalcrown(m): 10:28am On Apr 12
WeNoGoDie:

I haven't personally traveled with GUO but I see them on the road regularly when I travel and they're always in a haste and drag road on high speed with other drivers. That's my point. Dragging road on high speed is extremely dangerous and has documented many accidents with zero survivors.

Of course a lot of drivers get away with dangerous driving on regular basis and even some blinded passengers urge them to speed.
Be specific, traveling between the 90 and 120 is not high speed for a highway driving of the type of vehicles GUO uses. The same drivers slow down at busy points. Dragging road is in a different context.

CORRECTION:
My only error in the above comment is that I didn't point out that the drivers drove at 100km/h most times and accelerate above that but not above 120km/h during an overtake.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 6:30am On Apr 13
immortalcrown:
Be specific, traveling between the 90 and 120 is not high speed for a highway driving of the type of vehicles GUO uses. The same drivers slow down at busy points. Dragging road is in a different context.

Did you say driving at120 in a Hiace bus full of passengers is not high speed. And you downplay dragging and sharp maneuvers at such speeds.

You've clearly identified yourself. Did I not mention that some passengers even urge the passengers to go faster.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by immortalcrown(m): 7:28am On Apr 13
WeNoGoDie:
Did you say driving at120 in a Hiace bus full of passengers is not high speed. And you downplay dragging and sharp maneuvers at such speeds.

You've clearly identified yourself. Did I not mention that some passengers even urge the passengers to go faster.
You are just a sentimentalist using emotions against facts. I never said they drag roads and maneuver at the speed of 120. I said that dragging road is in a different context. I even explained that the drivers reduce their speed at busy points. My only error in the comment is that I didn't point out that the drivers drove at 100km/h most times and accelerate above that but not above 120km/h during an overtake.

I still maintain that the speed of 100 during a normal run and 120 during an overtake is not bad for such buses in a road-worthy condition on highways. Quote me anywhere but stop being a false accuser. Stop twisting my comment.
Re: Are Inter-state Drivers Possessed. by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:43am On Apr 13
immortalcrown:
You are just a sentimentalist using emotions against facts. I never said they drag roads and maneuver at the speed of 120. I said that dragging road is in a different context. I even explained that the drivers reduce their speed at busy points. My only error in the comment is that I didn't point out that the drivers drove at 100km/h most times and accelerate above that but not above 120km/h during an overtake.

I still maintain that the speed of 100 during a normal run and 120 during an overtake is not bad for such buses in a road-worthy condition on highways. Quote me anywhere but stop being a false accuser. Stop twisting my comment.

Indeed! you sat in your sitting room and made a fabricated conclusion that GUO drivers never drive above 100 and 120. If fact we can infer that you've been the one doing the driving for all the GUO drivers.

You really think we're all dumb. Its either you're a GUO driver or a marketer for them. Whichever one it is, just know that we aren't deceived

(1) (Reply)

Abia Set To Launch "Operation Zero Pothole" / Aviation Unions Shut Down Operations At Murtala Muhammed Airport 2 / 19 October Amritsar Train Accident Footage,helpline Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.