Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool (33107 Views)

Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field / Swimming Pool In Lagos Filled With Lovers On Valentine's Day (Video) / Ekiti Slay Queens Turn Flooded Area Into Swimming Pool During Rainfall. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Inspirer1: 10:05am On Apr 12
article1:

He was said to have disappeared from the pool at about 6:37 pm on Tuesday but was rescued around 9:58 pm.
Drowned in the swimming pool for over 3hours before help could come his way? The hotel should be held responsible for this avoidable loss of life. Poor management system.
That's the part that caught my attention too, not in a river o, drowmed in a swimming pool for more than 3 hours before they could get him out! I really don't understand undecided

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by sammirano: 10:05am On Apr 12
Airforce wey no fit swim na wetin?
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Puss360(f): 10:05am On Apr 12
femi4:
Go n learn how to swim
Not everybody needs to be a pro at swimming before going to swimming pool ...

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Julibet: 10:05am On Apr 12
sharpwriter:

Abeg, make we stop dey open mouth waah! So because Nigeria na third world country, e mean say all these no dey happen for Yankee abi? See the links below and also Google it yourself. Check the number of those who drowns every year in the United States and United Kingdom etc.

These casualties will always happen, na we go pray and also take precautions not to be a victim.

The redeemed pastor and his two children that drowned in a swimming pool in Spain, shey na naija e happen too bá?

Go and listen to TC Okafor's experience yesterday when Junior Pope died, he said there is marine police in the community and they blamed the actors for what happened because their police station has life jackets available for rent together with security available but the "nothing dey happen attitude" coupled with stinginess of the actors and producers won't let them do the right thing.

Nigeria may be bad, it doesn't mean some necessities aren't put in place. You have to be in a place and understand the situation before you judge.

Please open your eyes, casualties are one of the realities of life. Shey all those wey dey die for US etc. shey e mean say life dey cheap for the place too? Guy, sh!t happens.

It's understandable that many of us are angry with the country but until we travel and see life elsewhere, we will understand that earth ain't no paradise.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.stopdrowningnow.org/drowning-statistics/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj89oCYoryFAxURzAIHHbUnA4cQFnoECAMQBg&usg=AOvVaw1-QiMObZu327NGYTqZ8LYN

https://www.nairaland.com/8031441/gabriel-diya-son-daughter-drown

Before you open your mouth and defend a dysfunctional system, show me a state with rapid response team for emergencies. I'm sure you know 911 bah ? Go and ask the average Nigerian their emergency line.

I no even get mouth to argue with you lots. Keep defending nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by BscHolder: 10:07am On Apr 12
Algold:
As usual the military should raze down the hotel and kill everyone on sight
grin
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Emmanuel30a: 10:09am On Apr 12
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/air-force-cadet-dies-in-popular-abia-hotel-swimming-pool-months-to-graduation-photo/
Where cutlass, make we cut the body for frying pan... Asun don ready... Make we do asun... Food don done...
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by sharpwriter(m): 10:10am On Apr 12
Julibet:

Before you open your mouth and defend a dysfunctional system, show me a state with rapid response team for emergencies. I'm sure you know 911 bah ? Go and ask the average Nigerian their emergency line.

I no even get mouth to argue with you lots. Keep defending nonsense.
Nobody is defending a dysfunctional system, I'm only telling you the reality. When you also get into that functional system, you may realize one day that not every day is functional. Life ain't no paradise, even the beauties, especially the artificial ones are illusions.

Stay safe and take precautions, coz nobody really cares!
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Draslo(m): 10:12am On Apr 12
cremedelacreme:
Sometimes I wonder what people enjoy in swimming? I do not see it as fun. I have never swam before and have no plans of swimming. Growing up, I heard so many gory tales of people dying in rivers or swimming pools. RIP to him and may God comfort his loved ones.
You can't run from death. Learning to swim is a very important survival skill. Rain fit fall cover the roof of your house, what do you do then?
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Fcwilly: 10:13am On Apr 12
But is swimming not supposed to be part of military training? I really don't understand what they are doing in that school, just to set gun and shoot.
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Morbeta11(m): 10:17am On Apr 12
He was said to have disappeared from the pool at about 6:37 pm on Tuesday but was rescued around 9:58 pm

This is the part I don't understand.....is the pool river Niger?

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by fortune1968: 10:20am On Apr 12
Julibet:
What's all these? Couldn't the hotel cordone off the premises and at least drain the pool till it's fixed?

What kind of country is this for crying out loud? Citizens don't even have rapid response to emergencies.

And no arrest would be made, no fines imposed, nothing nothing...

The average Nigerian life is truly worth nothing to the government.
Imagine . People just behave anyhow in this country .How can a swimming pool be without any attendant ?

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by olatade(m): 10:27am On Apr 12
Jewessgratitud3:
Hm. I'm sure he heard about Jnr pope and his crew members water mishap but still went ahead to play in the water knowing full well that he can't swim. Smh..

some people will never learn from others mistakes..

The teach them swimming in the academy. Every cadet must learn how to swim.
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by callmevirus(m): 10:33am On Apr 12
cremedelacreme:
Sometimes I wonder what people enjoy in swimming? I do not see it as fun. I have never swam before and have no plans of swimming. Growing up, I heard so many gory tales of people dying in rivers or swimming pools. RIP to him and may God comfort his loved ones.

You're right bro, nothing will ever make me swim and I don't even near any river or swimming pool

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Gentlesniper(m): 10:36am On Apr 12
An Air Force Tarmac Four cadet identified as Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche with registration number NDA 13257 has lost his life months to graduation from the National Defence Academy, ABN TV reports

@op, no be only tarmac 4, na runway 4....

It's called termer, not tarmac....

Rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by iswallker(m): 10:42am On Apr 12
kereman1:

What a shame.
The hotel and it's owner Sud be sued

Sud be sued...
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Trustmea: 10:42am On Apr 12
Rip, i hope they will not burry him beside the swimming pool as a ritual cleasing

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by iswallker(m): 10:44am On Apr 12
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
I don't understand how people build swimming pools deeper than six feet.
That's a pool you're building Mpa, not a manmade lake!

If my chin isn't above the water surface when I stand with my feet to the floor, I'm not doing.

Death by struggle isn't my thing.

Whatda eff

You can drown in a 6 feet pool.
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by BuyMeBanger: 10:46am On Apr 12
Naija and our terminologies, the poor boy's body was recovered not bloody rescued🙄.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by slowice(m): 11:20am On Apr 12
I can't swim and I don't Swim and I have no plan to swim.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Streetdreamx(m): 11:23am On Apr 12
The management needs to be held responsible... Why not put a caution sign since it was under renovation or construction.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Faposky95: 11:51am On Apr 12
You didn't die gunning......
R.I.P
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Jayhome24: 12:18pm On Apr 12
Guys stop jumping to swimming pool if you don't know how to swim.

Going to swimming pool is not an achievement or never a way to flex.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by StreetMedia: 1:04pm On Apr 12
babz11:
How bad can a swimming pool be that he takes hours to rescue, do they even need a diver to save someone from a swimming pool, the news get K leg
That pool is 15ft^ depth and about 30ft length... I dont understand why it took so much long and Pool closes by 6pm.

Another one...
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by razzydoo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12
Damgrete Hotel. I sabi that Hotel during the days of youth corps service. I used to pay 3k for Gym and swimming monthly. Made my Umuahia stay memorable. Unfortunate incident.
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by youngrichnigga: 1:15pm On Apr 12
He died in a swimming pool or a river 🤔🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by TableLeg(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12
Swimming pool in a bad shape such that they couldnt rescue him for hours?

Are you guys sure its a swimming pool and not an ocean?

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by Calitoscassius(m): 5:29pm On Apr 12
Very avoidable death
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by AliEzeOlu: 6:12pm On Apr 12
See as this asset just die fa. RIP to you our gallant cadet.
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by kalufelix(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12
I remember a friend to my brother who drowned in this pool in 2006 or so while celebrating...drunk guy fell at the deepest part of the pool after leaving his friends at the bar...before they realized 'iyke had overstayed his leave guy man don drown finish..it was a night affair...na so everybody japa..they later placed unknown calls to the guys family to simply inform them that "iyke don mud o" without any details ...the notorious pool spans btw 4-10ft..
Re: Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool by torqque7(m): 8:27pm On Apr 12
cremedelacreme:
Exactly..I even hate the idea of swimming especially in pools because my sister passed away after she got infection from a swimming pool. She had a cut on her that was an open wound and that's how the infection went into her blood and she passed away barely 5 days after the swimming pool. We had an autopsy done and that's how we knew.

But as for this guy I still don't understand how he died in the pool because of the renovations going on,was the water dirty or the pool was too deep or he couldn't swim I can't even understand it. Maybe he was killed by someone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

460 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 8 - (2302 Tested) / 61-year-old RCCG Member Gives Birth To Triplets(photos) / 10 Crazy Drugs You Dont Know(and Dont Want To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.