Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 (40257 Views)

1 Dollar Is 950 / Breaking News : 1 Dollar Is Now 440 Naira / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by frankson1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13
Max24:

There are ways to criticise your govt without been destructive. At the end of the day you will reap what you sow. You can't want a better country and be wishing evil on it daily. It won't work. There is power in positive thinking if you don't know. That does not mean you cant disagree with your govt. But to be saying sadistic things like some obidients have done is unacceptable. Most of them are bigots.

Who told you they want a better country 🤷‍♂️ they're down already beyond redemption so they're trying drag everyone with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Medici777: 2:02pm On Apr 13
Indaboski is the only true MoG in this country
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by maasoap(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13
Yourprick:
Road to 2k Keep your dollars closer
Pessimist
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Omalicious1: 2:03pm On Apr 13
Yourprick:

Let it keep coming down!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ozegidon(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13
Max24:
Shame to the haters! They pray negative for the country but God is turning it to good. All their evil predictions and prophecies of their demonic pastors are going back to them. May all the good change in this administration favour me and my family !
elede
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by savysu: 2:03pm On Apr 13
flokii:
Something.that will still crash to around #750 in few months from now.

Point of correction, few days...
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Honestey: 2:03pm On Apr 13
Removal of subsidy,
Floating of exchange rate,
Emefielle effects,
Printing of trillions of naira with no value backing,
Excessive borrowing by Buhari,
Criminal dealing on naira by Binance CEOs,
BDC exchange racketeering and a hosts of other financial criminalities being committed daily consciously by the corrupt individuals, subconsciously by those who prefer to transact business in dollars despite it's Nigerian goods and services and unconsciously by those following the trend of MY FRIENDS ARE SAVING IN DOLLARS LET ME NOT BE LEFT OUT and ultimately, importation of fuel etc were too heavy on naira and our currency crashed unavoidably . These are the challenges Timunu and Cardoso have been battling all the way from N1,900 per dollar til now. I don't think anyone here can sincerely tell me that Atiku or Obi facing the same challenges would have done better. Well done Jagaban, well done Headmaster.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ufuosman(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13
Let d dollar fall more Bt d price of goods are still going up. Na wa
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by maasoap(m): 2:04pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

Na Igbo Obidients make naira crash to N1900 to a dollar

Binance was a main culprit. There are other minor factors as well
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ibawon(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13
Dollar rate is decreasing, Nairaland Prices still stagnant. They'll say they are yet to stock since dollar rate started crashing
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Dennisochampa: 2:06pm On Apr 13
Stephaniegold:

But if I bought my goods on high side like 1650 , do you expect me to come and sell it cheap when it is now 1070 naira

Then make una no dey complain about government because they have done their bit now.... Naira Don gain grounds against dollars... There isn't much the government can do to bring down the cost of prices of goods and services
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by maasoap(m): 2:06pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
No be for dollar to crash o, I hope the phones we are buying 120k will return to 45k which it was before now. Talkless of Tv, refrigerator etc which have al risen by over 200% because of this so-called Dollar trash .

My brother who is into electronics business told me yesterday that the price of some items have even crashed by a whooping N40k, N30k
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by shepherd316: 2:06pm On Apr 13
Apc wants us to celebrate them for the economic disaster they made worse within a year, i still believe in miracle - i believe we won't have to wait till 2027 to kick them out of power. They should preach nonsense to the illiterates who don't understand economics; a country ruled by gangsters, nepotists, drug lords and thieves cannot amount to anything good. I will never cease to pray for divine transformations in all industries but i lost hope in this government even before they came into power; the resources mismanagement, budget padding, bribery are out of the Nigerian normalcy - they're extremely absurd. I pray the will of the Almighty God be established nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Charly68: 2:07pm On Apr 13
The naira will continue to appreciate in Jesus name
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by jaxxy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13
Yourprick:

keep up the magic. its working.... for now. Lol
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by DeepSight(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13
ivandragon:
Funny characters.

Those celebrating the exchange rate at 1,020 were the same people that condemned it at 216, yet they have the terminity to call others who complained of exchange rate at almost 2000 haters?

This brilliant line summarizes the nature of humanity in most matters.
Ever hypocritical.

If you steal one yam, they are ready to kill you, but if they steal 1 million yams its nothing.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:08pm On Apr 13
it shld keep crashing biko!
cool
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Basic123: 2:08pm On Apr 13
zinaunreal:

When we no dey produce anything. This this na just adjustments and mass availability of the dollar. Artifical solution, instead of them to tackle the real problem
How will you tackle the your own supposed real problem?.

Haters!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Donaldoni: 2:09pm On Apr 13
Piiiggs are still grunting rubbish angry

Is the dollar being subsidized today No!

Is there a NGN300+ gap between the official and parallel market No!!

Bunch of pathetic sore losers!!! angry
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by anonymous1759(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13
Villa12:
mumu

If Nigeria good o, e bad o, na the president go collect the blame. Oba to je tilu toro oruko oba na oni parun

Your muuuumuuuu long gan , she’y blame Dey kill person ? Abi Tinubu and him family Dey worry where them next meal or phone go come from ?
Make Una Dey wicked Una self Dey blame another person , i never hear say blame Dey kill person before or curse .
If curse and blame kill , none of Nigeria leaders go Dey alive, make Una continue Dey blame Rubbish.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Donaldoni: 2:09pm On Apr 13
shepherd316:
Apc wants us to celebrate them for the economic disaster they made worse within a year, i still believe in miracle - i believe we won't have to wait till 2027 to kick them out of power. They should preach nonsense to the illiterates who don't understand economics; a country ruled by gangsters, nepotists, drug lords and thieves cannot amount to anything good

Shut up!

Nothing to happen to our democracy.

Tinubu till 2031. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by abbasajao(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13
Some people will find it difficult to come of the loss
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Okwyjesus(m): 2:12pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
My Igbo obidient people how market

Stop that.
Igbos are not same as Obidient pls
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Apr 13
Gggjhhj:

Baffles how you people celebrate dollar fall with no significant value to the poor masses, food prices are very what have you done. All you do is praise sing your principal with no overall impact on the economy, tell them to go and regulate prices, not to be snapping dollar and naira value everyday

Is it the Govt that is setting the prices of goods and services?

I hope the Govt wake up to their responsibility and do so.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
No be for dollar to crash o, I hope the phones we are buying 120k will return to 45k which it was before now. Talkless of Tv, refrigerator etc which have al risen by over 200% because of this so-called Dollar trash.
be like you never sabi Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Apr 13
jayce232:

This is even the bigger problem & nobody is talking anything about it. They are all shouting dollar is falling for over a month now, but goods still keep increasing. Cement is still high & I'm very sure a lot of these increased product will never come down if govt don't take serious action. Dollar keep falling in the news, but things keep increasing in reality.

I honestly don't get!

The math is not mathing.

When they were increasing the prices, they said 'dollar was going up'. Ngwanu, dollar is coming down yet the prices are going up.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ecomalchemistt(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13
Rikidony:
OP no talk that thing again o angry angry angry

Baba , which app be this ?
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On Apr 13
PotatoSalad:

An economist knows that these things are temporary fixes. They're only buying time.
When they exhaust all the fixes, dollar will gradually go back to its original rate.
We need more industries, foreign investors and export. That's the only way to truly appreciate the Naira

Well considering that standard economics never worked in Nigeria, this 'temporary' fix might fix the issue permanently.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by zinaunreal(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13
Basic123:

How will you tackle the your own supposed real problem?.

Haters!

Poverty mentality. Keep living in poverty youre used to it
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by bukatyne(f): 2:24pm On Apr 13
Stephaniegold:

But if I bought my goods on high side like 1650 , do you expect me to come and sell it cheap when it is now 1070 naira

And what is stopping you from selling it at a speculative rate of $1 = N1,200 since the Naira has been steadily appreciating since then? And selling it at N1,200 even if you bought it at N1,650 is not a loss because when you are going back to restock, it is N1,000.

When you bought your goods at $1 = N1,200 and heard that it became N1,600, why did you immediately increase the cost of the old stock? Why didn't you sell it at the old dollar rate till you go and restock?

You'll just prove our point: As greedy as our leaders.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by morgstreme: 2:28pm On Apr 13
flokii:
Something.that will still crash to around #750 in few months from now.

I put my money that it will get to 200 by December...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Tonye Cole Buys His Wife, Sylvia Cole, A Benz For Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.