Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 (40261 Views)

1 Dollar Is 950 / Breaking News : 1 Dollar Is Now 440 Naira / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by bukatyne(f): 2:28pm On Apr 13
flokii:

Definitely price will fall.. the greedy, selfish and self-centered ones hoarding dollars with the hope that naira will continue to fall and prices of goods and commodities will rise so they can blackmail reasonable people that rejected their candidate in the 2023 elections will be put to shame.

I think the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) should be charged by the President to go after retailers and business owners who fail to reduce their prices nationwide in line with the FCCPC Act.

Prices of everything in this country will come down.. whoever isn't ready to comply should move his/her business out of Nigeria.

@bold:

I hope they do so soon and make solid examples of a few.

4 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by morgstreme: 2:29pm On Apr 13
keymatt:
These agbadorians are very funny grin grin grin they want us to celebrate mediocrity in the face of hunger grin grin grin they should take the Naira back to N180 where they met it in 2015 before we take their agbado govt serious. cool cool cool

Onyeoshi!

It was 225 by March 2015.

Your Obidense parent party(PDP) where Peter Obi belonged to for 8years should take it back to 28naira in 1999..

Unhappy Losing Ndi Eriri Eri!

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Tareq1105: 2:30pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

Na Igbo Obidients make naira crash to N1900 to a dollar

You weren't but you were happy that it got to #1,900.

I guess you're in pain now that it has appreciated.

The lesson is don't wish bad things for your country just bcoz your candidate is not the president.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ofunaofu: 2:33pm On Apr 13
Tareq1105:

You weren't but you were happy that it got to #1,900.

I guess you're in pain now that it has appreciated.

The lesson is don't wish bad things for your country just bcoz your candidate is not the president.

I wasn't happy. I condemned Tinubu for allowing the become that worthless in it's history

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by jojothaiv(m): 2:37pm On Apr 13
Good but there's still more to be done, until the rates goes back to where it was before (at least where the new sheriff in town met it) then we can raise a toast.

And for the bunch of 'elites' saying once the USD rates drop down, price of goods would plummet, we are watching with keen eyes as prices gravitates with ease since dollar start sinking lower.

As it stand now, both led and leader are not quite different.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Phantom233: 2:39pm On Apr 13
maasoap:

My brother who is into electronics business told me yesterday that the price of some items have even crashed by a whooping N40k, N30k
Amen o, imagine 43inch LG LED;tv rising fron 145k to about 289k?
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Mcval(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13
In as much as I'm not a fan of this present government, I commend them for the rugged way they have handled the FX crisis. Nigerians are quick to blame any sitting government for their woes without looking inward to see if they themselves are not culpable. I know some business men and women who took opportunity of this crisis and quickly saved up their money in dollars. They were waiting for it to hit 2,000 naira so that they can cash out. Unfortunately for them, it never happened and they are now panicking. It's funny when I see Nigerians criticise every sitting government when we all know that most of them are just waiting for the opportunity to loot the treasury when it presents itself. The average Nigerian is not different from those in power. I'm speaking from my experience with the average Nigerian on the streets. We are not good people! Period!

3 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Phantom233: 2:41pm On Apr 13
NOETHNICITY:
I want all imported goods to continue to rise in prices so that we will learn and improve ourselves
but corruption won't allow our products to thrive na. Imagine the little things we're producing now are even costly than imported ones🙄🙄
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by malvisguy212: 2:41pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
Shut your trap, majority of those against Tinubu are who ? Why then can't one refer to that group as who they are ?

Are all Nigerians criminals ? Do you not hear foreigners tag us all as criminals drug peddlers etc ? Have you ever seen any Nigerian going on online to disapprove that foolishly like you are fighting tooth n nail now.

If you like come from hellfire who cares. So long majority of those against the govt are igbos calling them out is fair representation. Beside I was specific I said obidient Igbo not all igbos but the foolishness guilty conscience troubling your Igbo deprived soul will never let you see beyond your stupidity.

oga. many people in the North no like tinubu. the hausa regret voting him
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MT: 2:42pm On Apr 13
Omoawoke:

We saw evidences of them celebrating and even making videos dancing to the fall of naira.
What a life! Celebrate the fall of your own economy because your candidate did not win an election

2027 awaits them, again! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Phantom233: 2:42pm On Apr 13
MrJames007:
When they keep them for a long time and don't see buyers, dem go reduce am by force. Greedy people.
surely
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by OniyideAmplify(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13
keymatt:
These agbadorians are very funny grin grin grin they want us to celebrate mediocrity in the face of hunger grin grin grin they should take the Naira back to N180 where they met it in 2015 before we take their agbado govt serious. cool cool cool
Nothing good can come out of people like you because you can never see good in other people's doings. People like you remain stagnant in life because you only derived joy in the downfall of others. I'm 100 percent sure that you were among the people complaining about hardship during Jonathan's tenure despite the exchange rate was below 200 back then and so you still gonna do even if the current gov't bring it down to 80 naira.

Y'all want Tinubu to fail and it can never be. I never voted for him thou but I can't pray for his downfall.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by nedekid: 2:47pm On Apr 13
flokii:
Something.that will still crash to around #750 in few months from now.
200 is a goal. 150 is the target. Imagine how many people will be lifted out of poverty.
Lets be optimistic.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MT: 2:47pm On Apr 13
Chicagograduate:
Is it not tinubu's Naira floating policy that weakens the Naira against the dollar?Why are you guys pretending as if Tinubu is doing well?

Do you expect the FG to continue subsidising the Naira, and at the same time expect Nigeria to look like Dubai?
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Sermwell(m): 2:48pm On Apr 13
Max24:
Shame to the haters! They pray negative for the country but God is turning it to good. All their evil predictions and prophecies of their demonic pastors are going back to them. May all the good change in this administration favour me and my family !
The so called haters you are talking about aren't the ones who crashed the naira!! Because of your incredible stupidity, you left those you're supposed to blame and blaming the innocent masses who were grossly affected by that insanity!!
Your empty skull couldn't even ask how much was naira to a dollar when this useless government took over? Chai!!
I must contest election and win in this country oh! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Paramount01(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13
[quote author=ZombieTAMER post=129413034]

As dull as Buhari was

Dollar was 700 in his tenure [/quote

He left it 700 so. Let wait and see how much this guy will leave it. OK!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Paramount01(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13
yommen:

There are Yoruba obidients too even though Igbos keep accusing Yorubas of voting along tribal line. Their leader is Oseni Rufai, an Ijebu man for that matter.

Abeg who is igbo agbodorian that is popular that you knwo
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by RebirthPhoenix(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
Which North ask you Igbos to join in any looting. You are just vomiting rubbish from your ipob foolishness.

Where n when did the North ask you Igbos to join them looting truck because I know very well I never received such call as a Yoruba base in Yorubaland ?

So Igbo should rest now when you were all over Fulani when Buhari was president n now all over the superior Yoruba since Tinubu became president you do not know they need rest ?

Your level of foolishness does not amaze me anyway, it's a common trait among your likes. You foolishly assume you own monopoly to call others out but do not want to be pay in same coin. I have news for you this is how you n your likes will be jumping from thread to thread as calling you out is a present / future continuous action throughout the 8 years of Bola Ahmed Tinubu so beta buckle up n sit tight for the ride.

This one just dey type id!0t id!0t since
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by maasoap(m): 2:54pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
Amen o, imagine 43inch LG LED;tv rising fron 145k to about 289k?
As long as naira doesn't lose value again, it is just a matter of time before the prices go down drastically
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Kingrshd3: 2:54pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
No be for dollar to crash o, I hope the phones we are buying 120k will return to 45k which it was before now. Talkless of Tv, refrigerator etc which have al risen by over 200% because of this so-called Dollar trash.

Sure now u can't expect them to sell at 45k when they bought at when dollar rate was 1500.

So it will reflect probably in 3 to 6 mo this time ....

So not their fault bro

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Dontblink: 2:55pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
No be for dollar to crash o, I hope the phones we are buying 120k will return to 45k which it was before now. Talkless of Tv, refrigerator etc which have al risen by over 200% because of this so-called Dollar trash.

This is the main thing. The koko of the entire thing. Prices of goods and services go free come down?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ezenwaez(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13
Once there is constant electricity Nigeria will be okay, its as simple as that.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Innobee99(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13
Phantom233:
That's where the problem lies. Phone we used to get at the rate of 75k before has suddenly skyrocketed to around 180k. No be juju be that? Is dollar really our problem?

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by morgstreme: 3:01pm On Apr 13
CrossRhodes:

Your evil party met it at 218....

Until then, bozo

Your Obidense parent party(PDP),where Peter "Him Tu Lie" belonged for 8years,met it at 28naira in 1999..

Until you guys take it back there,FAAACKK OFFFF!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by abysirius(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13
We all know you guys are not wishing Nigeria well..Awon eleribu gbogbo!
Ofunaofu:

Na Igbo Obidients make naira crash to N1900 to a dollar
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by eastcoast100: 3:10pm On Apr 13
The earlier your realise that an average Yoruba man want igbos dead, the reason why you always see them jubilating whenever bad about igboa surface here.
They will see news of Fulanis massacring their people and raping their Moda but this agbados miscrants will turn blind eyes.
But, immediately it is igbo news or Peter Obi news,you wil see many of them with Thinubu type of brown teeth salivating on the news as if their opinion matters at all.
This tribe is evil and did not deserve to share the same country with igbos.
Tomorrow now they will call igbos bad names

JASONjnr:

I'm not igboz but not everyone who criticise the bad policies of the government is Igbo.

Infact, you guys have succeeded in turning the Igbo name as "anti"

Even if a northerner wakes up tomorrow and threatened not to vote Tinubu for a second term, you will likely blame Igbos for that. Just like the NEF declared!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ofunaofu: 3:11pm On Apr 13
abysirius:
We all know you guys are not wishing Nigeria well..Awon eleribu gbogbo!

abey, I am the reason you are frustrated. Kindly channel your frustrations towards Tinubu whose calamitous economic policies have ensured that you are frustrated

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by smarttony(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13
1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 but the price of goods and services are still high. I think there is need for revising the price of petroleum ⛽.

#Petrol Subsidy removal has hit us so hard.
#Eclecticity subsidy removal has hit us so hard.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by zionstaar75: 3:16pm On Apr 13
keymatt:
keep crying and wailing
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by motionarena: 3:17pm On Apr 13
Rubbish

Prices still shooting up in super market as we speak
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by redsun(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13
It's still a case of trying to store water with a basket. When the water stops running, the basket will be empty.

All the resources he's wasting trying to swim uphill like a salmon on its final run should be used to enhance agriculture and basic infrastructures, which will lay the groundwork for a sustainable economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Tonye Cole Buys His Wife, Sylvia Cole, A Benz For Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.