Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money (29135 Views)

Bouncer Called In To Remove Williams Uchemba For Spraying Naira On Pastor Tobi / Odumeje And Zubby Michael Spraying Money On Each Other (Pics, Video) / Adedeji Adeleke Spraying Money At An Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by Osanoghodua1: 12:25pm On Apr 17
People getting married and throwing societal burial with the hope that people will spray them to recover the money are in for a big distress. Things are changing.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by CHAQUR: 12:29pm On Apr 17
EFCC way of telling the rich to stop gagging the poor. Let the poor people breathe. Not of them is lazy.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by gotnel: 1:03pm On Apr 17
babayinka77:

This is not a crime to start jailing people for without drawing the line. Almost every adult in the land is guilty of this crime...A quick search might even reveal where the EFCC chairman himself or even the president are spraying the Naira...However what can be done should be to forgive everyone that had done it in the past and set a date to start penalising people that then commit the offence.
I agree with you totally.
However, to show that the government is serious about this law now, the one or two example of conviction is good
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by PROPEACE: 1:20pm On Apr 17
jabor4Naija:
I think say baba na street, shey street dey fear small jail time? Abeg make dem leave portable o, he no go spray musician or hype man na street he dey show love o
Werey talk say "after God na government".

1 Like

Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by jabor4Naija(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17
[quote author=PROPEACE post=129486297]
Werey talk say "after God na government".[/quote0]

Hahahahhahaha baba don fear no be small
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by imagrg(m): 2:25pm On Apr 17
Good job by the EFCC.
What then happens to those who are robbing the country blind and those collecting constituency development money without actually doing any work for the constituencies?
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by Ekaka14: 2:34pm On Apr 17
This scruffy fellow ....is a born attention seeker...why not wait until they come for you grin
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by Olayemudia: 2:44pm On Apr 17
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by 79733139(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17
SmartyPants:

That's not how it works. If you make such an argument in Court, the burden of proving that it was prop money is on you. How will you convince the Court? It is one thing to tell a story and another thing entirely for the judge to accept it.

A good lawyer can poke holes in the video and photo evidence. That's what I expected Bobrisky's lawyer to do. It is difficult to tell that the money was genuine Naira notes just from the video and photos... so lawyers can cook up stories. Except a lot of verified witnesses come out to testify.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by SmartyPants(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17
79733139:

A good lawyer can poke holes in the video and photo evidence. That's what I expected Bobrisky's lawyer to do. It is difficult to tell that the money was genuine Naira notes just from the video and photos... so lawyers can cook up stories. Except a lot of verified witnesses come out to testify.

Lol. Why are you arguing with me? As I've just explained, it is one thing for you to cook up whatever story you want to tell, and another thing entirely for a judge to accept it. There are fundamental rules of evidence and you have to play by those rules. You don't even know what you are saying at all. Using prop money in a real-world setting - don't you know that opens him up to an additional charge of possession of counterfeit money? You are not a lawyer. Don't debate law with me.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by 79733139(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17
SmartyPants:

Lol. Why are you arguing with me? As I've just explained, it is one thing for you to cook up whatever story you want to tell, and another thing entirely for a judge to accept it. There are fundamental rules of evidence and you have to play by those rules. You don't even know what you are saying at all. Using prop money in a real-world setting - don't you know that opens him up to an additional charge of possession of counterfeit money? You are not a lawyer. Don't debate law with me.

And you are obviously not a lawyer from your last sentence. A lawyer can claim that this happened - https://www.nairaland.com/7563169/event-planners-print-own-money and argue that in so many different ways... people have started using some form of prop money that are not exactly counterfeit in real life events. We will see the arguments that Cubana's lawyer will put up.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by SmartyPants(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17
79733139:

And you are obviously not a lawyer from your last sentence. A lawyer can claim that this happened - https://www.nairaland.com/7563169/event-planners-print-own-money and argue that in so many different ways... people have started using some form of prop money that are not exactly counterfeit in real life events. We will see the arguments that Cubana's lawyer will put up.

lol. I have nothing to prove to you. Common sense alone should tell you that cubana used money that looks exactly like naira not like the obviously fake prop money you're talking about. So he has to explain how he produced it and whether such production is in line with extant laws.

And btw the fact that event planners are producing prop money is not even an argument in the first place because common sense should also tell you that the fact that event planners are doing it doesn't make it legal. Or does it? lol. Good luck to all to all of you.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by 79733139(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17
SmartyPants:

lol. I have nothing to prove to you. Common sense alone should tell you that cubana used money that looks exactly like naira not like the obviously fake prop money you're talking about. So he has to explain how he produced it and whether such production is in line with extant laws.

And btw the fact that event planners are producing prop money is not even an argument in the first place because common sense should also tell you that the fact that event planners are doing it doesn't make it legal. Or does it? lol. Good luck to all to all of you.

Nope, you are not a lawyer... it's clear from your replies.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by SmartyPants(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17
79733139:

Nope, you are not a lawyer... it's clear from your replies.

I agree. cheesy Clown.
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by 7arrows: 5:06pm On Apr 17
Stanleymaster1:
No body is above the law, Nothing like apology after crime, if there is really forgiveness after crime, then all prisonal will seek for forgiveness and get released.

Prison go full o
Re: Portable Seeks EFCC’s Forgiveness For Spraying Money by Elidrisy20: 5:14pm On Apr 17
You are forgiven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpororo: My Wife And I Didn’t Date, We Just Got Married / Childhood Picture Of Nadia Buari And Dad / Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.