Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer (50291 Views)

AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay / Two Female Officers Winged By Nigerian Air Force After Qualifying As Pilots.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by RedpillAnalyst: 3:46pm On Apr 22
I saw 2 real feminists there. My respect!

2 Likes

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:46pm On Apr 22
Wsre they also trained to drag suspects to pos operator to withdraw money

4 Likes

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by GreaterFuture(m): 3:47pm On Apr 22
RecentHistory:

Mopol is widely respected because their operations brings them in widest contact with the populace. The CTU is tougher and the Police Special Forces are also tougher than CTU and Mopol. Mopol is older than them all as all of them exceot Mopol were founded within the last 20 years.

But
But what?
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Love800(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22
What is the difference between Mopol and regular police?

And who are those police situated at the counters at stations?

And who are millitary police?

And who are special forces in police?

You have idea?
LocalFARMERS:

Yes they are different from normal Police. They are battle ready. As a result of their training. Even regular Police depends on Mopol for protection.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by NairalandGOAT1: 3:51pm On Apr 22
LocalFARMERS:
Before a regular Police convert to Mobile Police force. There are process he/she must go through. The major obstacle is Tear Gas endurance.

This process is determined by how a regular Police is able to withstand the heavy smoke from a Tear Gas. Any Police who is unable to endure the smoke, is automatically disqualified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LEjDK3xSQ

Is this the ONLY training a regular police officer undergo before becoming a mopol?
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Mcslize: 3:51pm On Apr 22
Lindlady:
Mopol are more coordinated and well behaved than regular police. It seems like the harder the training, the more sense they receive.

Are they different from the ones that mount checking points on the road?
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by GreaterFuture(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22
RecentHistory:

Mopol is widely respected because their operations brings them in widest contact with the populace. The CTU is tougher and the Police Special Forces are also tougher than CTU and Mopol. Mopol is older than them all as all of them exceot Mopol were founded within the last 20 years.

But
Where did SARS - or whatever their new name is now - ranks in all of these?
Cos I know It use to be at the Top top, most respected (or one of the most respected), feared, effective unit in the force in the early to mid, late 2000s.

(Mind you all these primarily within the police force, and maybe other forces to some extent, and those in the know. Not the general populace.)
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Mcslize: 3:55pm On Apr 22
Offpoint1:
grin Na me dey go back to my division so... I no like nonsense grin

Just dey run dey go. Don't look back o.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Offpoint1: 3:56pm On Apr 22
Mcslize:

Just dey run dey go. Don't look back o.
grin grin
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Thinktwicemybro: 3:56pm On Apr 22
immortalcrown:
All the training just to collect bribe and intimidate unarmed civilians.
To shoot and kill the innocent
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Felabrity: 4:02pm On Apr 22
Useless training
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Antoeni(m): 4:04pm On Apr 22
Which Stupid Obstacles,
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by swissobed: 4:06pm On Apr 22
lol
quote author=LocalFARMERS post=129486312]

Only corrupt Police collect bribe. Gallant Mopols no dey collect bribe.[/quote]
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by RecentHistory: 4:06pm On Apr 22
[quote author=GreaterFuture post=129575097]
But what?[/quote

Most of these other units recruit from Mopol. So, they are all offsprings of PMF.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by odun99(f): 4:09pm On Apr 22
LocalFARMERS:
Before a regular Police convert to Mobile Police force. There are process he/she must go through. The major obstacle is Tear Gas endurance.

This process is determined by how a regular Police is able to withstand the heavy smoke from a Tear Gas. Any Police who is unable to endure the smoke, is automatically disqualified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LEjDK3xSQ

How can I apply?
Na to hold my breath for 2 minutes.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Dybala11(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22
Love800:
What is the difference between Mopol and regular police?

And who are those police situated at the counters at stations?

And who are millitary police?

And who are special forces in police?

You have idea?
I believe that the Military police aren't part of the police force o.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by ehissi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22
LocalFARMERS:

Only corrupt Police collect bribe. Gallant Mopols no dey collect bribe.

Another story oooh! Story ooh! Story ooh!!
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by RecentHistory: 4:11pm On Apr 22
GreaterFuture:

Where did SARS - or whatever their new name is now - ranks in all of these?
Cos I know It use to be at the Top top, most respected (or one of the most respected), feared, effective unit in the force in the early to mid, late 2000s.

(Mind you all these primarily within the police force, and maybe other forces to some extent, and those in the know. Not the general populace.)

IGP Sunday Adewusi introduced PMF and I think IGP Mike Okiro introduced SARS. SARS was a group of regular duty Policemen dedicated to fighting armed robbery and kidnapping. So, each Command had to create its own Anti Robbery Squad.

If you notice, SARS had no special uniforms or accoutrements at that time. They were normal Policemen who dealt with violent crimes.

That's why you see that in those days, whenever they arrest any Sars officer, he will wear the regular black police uniform. No other uniform or badge.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Bigmospa: 4:11pm On Apr 22
hmmm... all this traning just to carry bag and umbrella for oga.

1 Like

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Okortor: 4:11pm On Apr 22
nA by tear gas? Lazy guys.....go to jaji Zaria and learn from gallant soldier's.......
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Love800(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22
Then why they called police?
Dybala11:

I believe that the Military police aren't part of the police force o.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Fadakings(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22
Seem You've not witnessed where regular policemen change attire into mofty on site of real hardened criminals with solid weapons. To Me... regular Nigerian police are only good at bribe collection and only run little of what You mentioned by luck.
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by CrossRhodes: 4:21pm On Apr 22
MrProlific95:
Mopol are operation oriented, most no sabi normal police work bur are more combat ready than regular police
Ideally they should be battling bokoharam and insurgency within the country, but I doubt they have the numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by dewiseacre(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22
Show me what critical thinking tests these guys take abeg. I want to check something

1 Like

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22
LocalFARMERS:

Can you repeat what you said in English or you use your language? grin grin
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha but the bros na army man becarfull
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by ravensckar(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22
LordIsaac:
Yet, hunters had to rescue one from kidnappers…he hugged the lead hunter in tears. Can’t seem to lay hands on the picture 😊
Lolz. I thought I was the only one that found the training method outdated. angry angry

Security apparatus in this country is still in the stone age. Little wonder they find it hard to combat crime. Imagine the kind yeye training above as a pre condition to become a MOPOL. That's why they always take to their heels whenever they are confronted by armed criminals. They weren't trained for such!

Tactical Training, Zero.

Sniper Training, Zero.

Physical Combat Training, Zero.

Hostage Negotiation Training, Zero.

Surveillance Training, Zero.

Bribery & Corruption Training, 100%. cheesy cheesy

If these are the f00ls that we rely on to kee us safe, then, we'd better start carrying our own rifle. Useless Police Force. angry angry

PS- below is the picture that you're looking for. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by joepentwo(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22
This is suicidal grin
3kposa for ekelebe dem grin

Click the link on my signature to earn 1k
Instantly
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by yommen: 4:39pm On Apr 22
immortalcrown:
All the training just to collect bribe and intimidate unarmed civilians.

If you find yourself in their shoes, don't collect. Average senator goes home with 30m monthly but the police with the stress and danger of their job go home with peanuts. He retires poor if he doesn't take when the opportunity presents itself. His children's school fees dey dere. See, an average Nigerian will take if the opportunity presents itself, including you. Many of you don't want to admit but let him who is without sin be the first to cast the stone.

2 Likes

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Dikegodspower(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22
If they undergo such training as you said here, why Re they been dumped in the Embassies here in Abuja without them shooting a single bullet from January to December.
Why?

1 Like

Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Dikegodspower(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22
Houseontherock1:

shocked shocked

You lied
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by Dikegodspower(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22
Lindlady:
Mopol are more coordinated and well behaved than regular police. It seems like the harder the training, the more sense they receive.

White lie
Re: Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer by tnerro1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22
That’s why this guys no dey gree for army, I remember during obj and the army boys invaded the asokoro police station, it was the mopol guys that came to chase them away😁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change / Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story / Groundnut Hawker Wearing Suit And Tie (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.