Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,646 members, 7,840,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (143573 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:48am On Dec 10, 2011
Updates coming later today
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2011
Waiting for for the updates,
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 10:16am On Dec 10, 2011
Oga Am Alone, update o.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by 0gfe10: 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
Am alone well done oo, you have a beautiful fence, can u pls send me the design? Email is oseadeeyo@gmail.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
Sorry for the delay!!!!

Work progress is still very slow.

So far only 2 toilets floor have been completed.

Also the dinning has also been completed.

Pictures. . .

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2011
more pics . . . .

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2011
again

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
The completed Dinning Plaster Of Paris. . . .

Though the Electrician still need to finish up things. . . .

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
Nice, keep it coming.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
This is cool. Well done.

Is it after the tiles that you will then fix your WC?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2011
^^^
YES BOSS!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2011
we are not alone ooooo lol

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2011
@: Am Alone. Please what is the name and size of the tiles used on the toilets floor and walls. If you do not mind, can you also say where you got them from and the price.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ NL1960

You know I'm not a tile type(I don't know much about tiles).

This is Naija and most things don't work with name around here
All you need is a picture sample of what you want.

I went to the market, saw what I like and buy it. Even the sellers couldn't provide me with names of the tiles.

For the toilet walls, the tiles I bought was made in Spain(that all the info i have) again to be frank with you
those were the last set of that particular tiles in the market(Orile market). Because after my tilling, I had a shortage
I went back to the seller to tell them I need just two square meters. All they said was that the remaining tiles left is 7 square meters
and that I will have to buy all the 7 square meter. That was how I knew it was the last in the market.

But for the floor tiles, it was made in Italy(had a rough surface).
That tiles gave me lot of problems I must tell you the truth.
Apart from the fact that they are all bend, they are also not of same sizes.
So if you notice any not so good job done on the toilet floor, please blame it on the tiles. . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin

The best country to buy tiles from I heard is spain. Spain tiles don't have this kind of problems I learnt.

Even the room tiles that are black had lot of bad finishing i.e some side were not well polished.

Gave me some problems too as I have to condemn many. .
The room tiles were made in UAE
Only the sitting room tiles and the toilet and kitchen tiles were made in Spain.

Heard China Tiles Are The Worst Of Them All
Peace
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^Am Alone, if you check page 5 of this thread you will see, Sprumbaba made mention about tiles of uneven sizes.

Sprumbaba:
@Am Alone
I will like to correct you that Casey was right.You should not claim you know it all. You also have not done your research very well.  There are 2 types of Cut inTiles:

1. Rectified
2. Un-rectified Tiles

Both type of cuts need spacers but rectified could use the thinnest grout and thinnest spacer.

These kind of tiles are called non-rectified tiles. Rectified tiles, also known as Dimensionally Stable Tile, this is a term used to describe porcelain tile that is consistent in its dimensions.
This is due to the fact that sheets of porcelain are cut after being fired. Traditional tiles are cut prior to firing, often leading to inconsistent shrinking.

Non-rectified tiles need professional installation. It's unfortunate, most of our artisan are not creative. In fact, that's the reason you went through such stress during installation.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^Thanks Man. . . . Now I get it all clear!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by mahabone(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2011
@AM ALONE!

The spanish tiles in Nigeria are second grade, inshort we call it "STOCK LOTS". First grade spanish tiles are damn too expensive.
This is one big secret no spanish tile importer can tell u. So what we have  here in the market here are not the original spanish tiles.

If u can see Malay or Taiwan tiles they are much better than those spanish second grade.

China tiles are good too if u can lay ur hands on first grade chinese tiles, that's those ones they use on their buildings.
The chinese tiles in Nigeria are called African quality, and in this African quality we have Nigeria quality which is the lowest
grade of tiles u can get anywhere in the world.

Open the attachefd file to see the prices i was quoted by my supplier in Spain early this year. That was the last time i bought spanish
tiles because they are hard sell. So i buy them once in a while.

The so called stock lots are more or less condemned tiles that's why the differences in dimensions are quite huge. In Original
non rectified spanish tiles, the differences in sizes are quite minimal.

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2011
mahabone:

@AM ALONE!

The spanish tiles in Nigeria are second grade, inshort we call it "STOCK LOTS". First grade spanish tiles are damn too expensive.
This is one big secret no spanish tile importer can tell u. So what we have  here in the market here are not the original spanish tiles.

If u can see Malay or Taiwan tiles they are much better than those spanish second grade.

China tiles are good too if u can lay your hands on first grade chinese tiles, that's those ones they use on their buildings.
The chinese tiles in Nigeria are called African quality, and in this African quality we have Nigeria quality which is the lowest
grade of tiles u can get anywhere in the world

Open the attachefd file to see the prices i was quoted by my supplier in Spain early this year. That was the last time i bought spanish
tiles because they are hard sell. So i buy them once in a while.

The so called stock lots are more or less condemned tiles that's why the differences in dimensions are quite huge. In Original
non rectified spanish tiles, the differences in sizes are quite minimal.

LOL @ The Bolded. . . .

But when you say 1st Grade Spanish tiles are damn expensive, I though it would cost a million USD per SQM - LOL!!!!
From your quotation, the Most expensive of them all is the 60CM X 60CM tiles which cost 9.8 Euros which is equivalent to 2,118.89 Naira per square meter.

My Sitting room tiles  measure 80CM by 80CM and I bought if for 3300 per SQM.
I can't say if its 1st grade or Stock lots.
But I don't think these Spanish tiles are as expensive as you are making it look!!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
Am Alone:

LOL @ The Bolded. . . .

But when you say 1st Grade Spanish tiles are damn expensive, I though it would cost a million USD per SQM - LOL!!!!
From your quotation, the Most expensive of them all is the 60CM X 60CM tiles which cost 9.8 Euros which is equivalent to 2,118.89 Naira per square meter.

My Sitting room tiles  measure 80CM by 80CM and I bought if for 3300 per SQM.
I can't say if its 1st grade or Stock lots.
But I don't think these Spanish tiles are as expensive as you are making it look!!!!!

This might be the quoted price from the makers, maybe the importer has not added his shipping costs, handling costs and some profits.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^ I know!!!!
For the Stock lot same tiles goes for 5Euro!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
It's unfortunate all our quality assurance ministries are not doing their job or they don't know their job. Everything brought to the market should be scrutinize for better quality. Most stuffs here in the US are built by US company but are made in China. I tire for the country called Nigeria.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by mahabone(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
@AM ALONE!

You might not understand the calculation there simply because u r a buyer and u just bought the few sqm needed
for ur house. The difference which's almost 50% seems too little to u but when u add it up to one full container it's
something else. And to make something reasonable(profit) it's advicable to bring in at least 5 containers at a time,
beacuse tiles though sells fast yet the profit margin is very little. FIGURE IT OUT URSELF.

The quoted prices are FOB based that's excluding freight, custom clearing, offlloading, unions charge per container and
warehousing. Most importers don't have warehouse of their own and the least freight u can get from Spain to Lagos is 1800-2200Euro
depending on the shipping company and time of the year.

You bought 80 x 80cm @3300 naira per sqm because u can afford it and this is ur private house, but how many of us can
afford this amount. Or how do u expect a mgbuka trader at Obosi old motor spare parts to buy tiles at this amount
for his commercial building when  the china type of the same size is selling below 2000 naira.

Ok! Spanish frist grade 60 x 60cm-vitrified is USD9.8 while stock lot is USD5.50, and a container load takes 980 square meters.
That means a difference of USD4214., this seems too little to u. Add this up to 5 containers,
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2011
^^^
I get you now!!!!!
I'm saying you exaggerated damn much on the price.
No problem. . . . And thanks for your contributions!!!!

Nigeria is really messed up.
Imagine the problems those China doors gave me!!!!!

I will advise anyone who has the money to avoid china thing
But I blame it all on the useless government
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
Make you no allow hypertension wound some people o smiley. What are the problems that you encountered with China doors.
Please share.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
Oboi!!!! Those China Doors no be door o!!!!
Either e dey make noise
or e no dey lock well
if e lock well, the handle no good be that
if e good, check well, some part don dey rust be that
LOL!!!!

Seriously, it has grades, make sure you going for the 0.75mm thickness

Peace!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by drills: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ Am Alone I have already gotten the china doors based on your advise o. Hearing this complains is alarming
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
hahahahahaahahah!!!!! LOL^^^^

Don't worry my man!!!
There is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Jus make sure it is installed properly.
Furthermore, please make sure the installer test that the door opens
and closes well(without any extra efforts). And if it had anyproblems after
installation, it should be worked on. Please don't allow any id.i.ot to hit the door
with hammer in the name of trying to make it fit. Except you want to buy a new one!!!!

LOL!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
Am Alone:

hahahahahaahahah!!!!! LOL^^^^

Don't worry my man!!!
There is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Jus make sure it is installed properly.
Furthermore, please make sure the installer test that the door opens
and closes well(without any extra efforts). And if it had anyproblems after
installation, it should be worked on. Please don't allow any id.i.ot to hit the door
with hammer in the name of trying to make it fit. Except you want to buy a new one!!!!

LOL!!!
Am Alone:

Oboi!!!! Those China Doors no be door o!!!!
Either e dey make noise
or e no dey lock well
if e lock well, the handle no good be that
if e good, check well, some part don dey rust be that
LOL!!!!

Seriously, it has grades, make sure you going for the 0.75mm thickness

Peace!!!

Haaaaaa (singing song of relief cool) Oga Am Alone you scared us before shocked

Thanks for the enlightenment. God bless.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2011
Your people are waiting for update o.

Please give us something to see o. grin
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2011
Never knew it was possible to learn so much about tiles, without going to a tiling school grin grin well done guys.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NextHome(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2011
Nice Work. Well Done
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Pennywise(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
Spectacular workmanship. Terrific materials.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.