Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (143537 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
wow

lol
If there is anything like "worstest"

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by eros(m): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
Am Alone:

wow

lol
If there is anything like "worstest"

Whoever did this tiling work should be shot right in the head. He obviously should not be in this trade.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
Am Alone, without any prejudice, the current installation looks better than the latter. Sincerely, the guy tried and I felt bad you fired him, but claimed it has nothing to do with our comments. Please, re-hire that guy and give him total supervision. It's not as bad as you think.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by eros(m): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
caseymoney:

Am Alone, without any prejudice, the current installation looks better than the latter. Sincerely, the guy tried and I feel bad you fired him, but claimed it has nothing to do with our comments. Please, re-hire that guy and give him total supervision. It's not as bad as you think.

Hmmm!!! I think otherwise. A craftsman should know his work and his work should know him. I have got this crazy lunatic of a bricklayer who is presently working for me and I mean the guy is nuts and I almost burst a bottle on his head yesterday for delaying my work and justifying it, but I respect his work and art because he knows his job. He might be an illiterate but can measure from heart and translate it to reality. He is talented and gifted, but been not learned hinders him from achieving greatness.

It is said, whatever is worth doing, should be done very well, so that no man living or yet to be born can replicate your work. So, if the tiler does not know his art/trade he does not deserve the job. Only the best is good enough, no room for apprentice.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by sshalom(m): 12:35am On Dec 06, 2011
Spacing is a matter of choice as it were and I feel the tiles in the kitchen are simply beautiful. I also love your choice of colours. Cheers man and please keep 'em coming!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 06, 2011
Some people say taste is an issue of money, have †ђξ money and taste will follow but I say its a virtue some have and some lack not withstanding money. I've walked into †ђξ mansions of some 'money miss road' with opulence at its peak-crystal chandelier, 2 storeys, marble slab-I mean †ђξ real deal, sittings with a remote that controls from †ђξ light to curtains to name a few but Ɣøû can barely appreciate †ђξ building because of †ђξ haphazard manner in which these expensive items were combined but here is a modest bungalow with detailed arrangements. Its organisation speak more and puts †ђξ building in †ђξ ranks of a mansion that will be appreciated more. Kudos to †ђξ builderg. You're ♂
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 3:21am On Dec 06, 2011
The pictures below is the ceramic tile I'm using for my porch. All shipped from the US. It measures 20x20in.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 3:27am On Dec 06, 2011
Porcelain tile for my living room and masterbed.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 3:30am On Dec 06, 2011
Ceramic wall tile for bathrooms

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 3:33am On Dec 06, 2011
Porcelain for Bathroom floor and kitchen.

1 Share

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by cinzo: 7:21am On Dec 06, 2011
@amalone, what is the name of that black tile you are using? I would like something like that for my sitting room floor.[b][/b]
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2011
To all the Tile gurus in the house:

I have noticed that the tiling in the bathroom and kitchen here were done to the roof. Where iam presently staying, the bathroom and kitchen tiling was not done to the roof. After completing the roofing of my house, i intend to move to tiling. So what is the norm?. Is the bathroom and kitchen supposed to be tiled halfway or tiled to the roof. Please give reasons.

Btw, @Am Alone, i have fallen in love with that your black tile. Might consider it for my sitting room and master bedroom.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2011
caseymoney:

Am Alone, without any prejudice, the current installation looks better than the latter. Sincerely, the guy tried and I feel bad you fired him, but claimed it has nothing to do with our comments. Please, re-hire that guy and give him total supervision. It's not as bad as you think.

Caseymoney, please do not look at it that way. you should read my earlier post before your comment(which I still disagree with you).
I have being complaining about it work. You said I should supervise him but, you know I may not have all the time to do that.
Again it is becoming too stressful for me supervising him. I already want to change him right from the onset. I hate bad works sincerely!!!!

blink182:

Some people say taste is an issue of money, have †ђξ money and taste will follow but I say its a virtue some have and some lack not withstanding money. I've walked into †ђξ mansions of some 'money miss road' with opulence at its peak-crystal chandelier, 2 storeys, marble slab-I mean †ђξ real deal, sittings with a remote that controls from †ђξ light to curtains to name a few but Ɣøû can barely appreciate †ђξ building because of †ђξ haphazard manner in which these expensive items were combined but here is a modest bungalow with detailed arrangements. Its organisation speak more and puts †ђξ building in †ђξ ranks of a mansion that will be appreciated more. Kudos to †ђξ builderg. You're ♂

WOW!!!! Blink182 you've said it all. Like I have always said. Some people will spend more and still not achieve much. . . .
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2011
cinzo:

@amalone, what is the name of that black tile you are using? I would like something like that for my sitting room floor.[b][/b]

Sorry guys, I don have the name of the tiles. I'm not a tile guru like sprumbaba and manhbone

@NL1960
taking your wall tiles to ceiling level is a thing of choice. It also depends on your budget.

Tiling the bathroom and kich half way and to the roof depends on your budget.
If I'm building a commercial house, I will tile the bath and kitchen halfway.
But for my personal house, I can't.
No side effects so long as is not too short. But aesthetic effect tilling it full is better
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Select(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ Egin,
I have sent you an email.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Sprumbaba: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ Nl1960, Tiling up to the ceiling depends on your taste, design and your budget. My house is not tiled up to the ceiling both Kitchen and Bathroom. The plan of the house is open type where the kitchen flows to the family room.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
If there's any body interested in getting good tiles like the ones I posted up there. Please, contact me via nairaland. Im not a businessman, Im just trying to help people that loves quality. I'm shipping a container and can add some pallete of tiles if anybody is interested.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2011
Am Alone, let's see picture and progress of your tiles. We shall critique it for you.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by eros(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
caseymoney:

If there's any body interested in getting good tiles like the ones I posted up there. Please, contact me via nairaland. Im not a businessman, Im just trying to help people that loves quality. I'm shipping a container and can add some pallete of tiles if anybody is interested.

I am interested. What will it cost to have the 3 different types of tiles you posted?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Sprumbaba: 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 11:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^
@Sprumbab - Dallas/Ft Worth Area.

@Eros - Let me know the areas you'll be covering in terms of Sqft. I will post some nice tile pictures from my source tomorrow, so you could make your choice.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by kikeige: 2:24am On Dec 07, 2011
@caseymoney

I have about 3890sqft of living space to cover( 4-bedroom twin duplex), but about 1,000sqft is living/dining /hallway/lobby.
What type of tiles will you suggest for the high traffic areas (1,000sqft)?Which ones are cheaper and better for the other areas? Can you send the pictures with prices to my e-mail address and also can you help to purchase the tiles with the mortar and grout and ship to 9ja?
Some one has offered to do this but I cannot help asking you too.
This site has turned out to be a savior to me because I have not been able to proceed with my house due to the difficulty in getting original tiles and good tiler.

shawlar_0@yahoo.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 3:49am On Dec 07, 2011
^^^kikeige, that's lot of space to cover. I will suggest porcelain tiles for the high traffic areas and ceramics for less traffic area. Porcelain tiles are more rugged making them ideal for harsher applications such as flooring. Also, because of their higher density, porcelain tiles are less likely to absorb moisture (0.5%) which makes them more durable and more resistant to staining. See attached pictures.

Check your email for more details.

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 4:20am On Dec 07, 2011
Porcelain Tiles Collections.

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by mahabone(m): 4:25am On Dec 07, 2011
@CASEYMONEY!

You got it all correct, nothing to add.

@KIKEIGE
Porcelain tile is the best for flooring especially in areas with high rate of human traffics,
the reasons as stated by caseymoney above.

However, all porcelain tiles are not the same due to the differences in method of production-
some are more rugged than others. Depending on how deep ur pockets are, i would recommend
u go for polished porcelain floor tile(40 x 40cm/30 x 60cm)-SOLUBLE SALT OR polished porcelain
floor tile-DOUBLE LOADING.

Soluble salt and double loading  techniques are second to recitification process.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by kikeige: 6:44am On Dec 07, 2011
Thanks for all the responses I got. You guys are wonderful.Very informative and helpful.
What do you think of vinyl tiles in the less traffic areas? Is it ok or ceramic better still?How is the laminate flooring doing in 9ja?Can I go for that in the upper level? Has any one installed it or know anyone who does a good job with it in 9ja?
Thanks to you'all.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Sprumbaba: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2011
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2011
caseymoney:

^^^kikeige, that's lot of space to cover. I will suggest porcelain tiles for the high traffic areas and ceramics for less traffic area. Porcelain tiles are more rugged making them ideal for harsher applications such as flooring. Also, because of their higher density, porcelain tiles are less likely to absorb moisture (0.5%) which makes them more durable and more resistant to staining. See attached pictures.

Check your email for more details.

@caseymoney at al. Thanks for the education on tiles. On my recent trip to India, i happened to stay in an apartment and was trilled by the quality of the tiles used in the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom to the extent that i had to ask the Manager the name of the tiles and he said that they are Vertified tiles. Is there any difference between Vitrified tiles and Porcelain and Ceramics tiles. In addition, is Vetrified tiles sold in Nigeria.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2011
NL1960:

@caseymoney at al. Thanks for the education on tiles. On my recent trip to India, i happened to stay in an apartment and was trilled by the quality of the tiles used in the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom to the extent that i had to ask the Manager the name of the tiles and he said that they are Vertified tiles. Is there any difference between Vitrified tiles and Porcelain and Ceramics tiles. In addition, is Vetrified tiles sold in Nigeria.

Oga sir, please did you take any pix of this wonder edifice
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2011
@Lord mahabone and Lord Caseymoney, thanks so much for the enlightenment.

@Am alone (the great), na you cause all of these explosive revelations oooo. Thanks. smiley
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 10:53am On Dec 07, 2011
NL1960:

To all the Tile gurus in the house:

I have noticed that the tiling in the bathroom and kitchen here were done to the roof. Where iam presently staying, the bathroom and kitchen tiling was not done to the roof. After completing the roofing of my house, i intend to move to tiling. So what is the norm?. Is the bathroom and kitchen supposed to be tiled halfway or tiled to the roof. Please give reasons.

Btw, @Am Alone, i have fallen in love with that your black tile. Might consider it for my sitting room and master bedroom.

But one thing I noticed is that halfway tiled bathroom have a disadvantaged. After sometime the painted part (beyond the tiles) starts decolourising and later the paint starts pilling off.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
atasteve:

Oga sir, please did you take any pix of this wonder edifice

@atasteve. It is not an edifice o. I just took the pictures of the tiles in the sitting room and bathroom. I will check my camera when i get home and post them tommorow. I took the pictures because i wanted to use them to search for such in Nigeria. What i learnt from the Manager is that the tiles are locally produced in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.