Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,957 members, 7,838,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Student From Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student From Abroad (595 Views)

Life Of A Typical Nigerian Medical Student From Birth To Graduation In Pictures / Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU / Ekayoma Rukevwe Emerges Best Graduating Student From US College (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student From Abroad by LizyL: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hello all , Im so confused about college in this country because of my growing up in the states for 17 years , I will be writing WAEC next year and need some help with college choices as well as other countries where institutions are well in tact. Because of the course i want to study, which is medicine, I dread to study in America due to the duration of the course. Where is a good place i can study medicine here in Nigeria or another country?

Thanks.
Re: Student From Abroad by yamakuza: 12:52am On Nov 19, 2011
What happened to Unilag Pharmacy; or Ghana ?
Re: Student From Abroad by Somzie(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2011
stick to ghana. nigerian degrees are not respected in the Western World and it cos of how easy it is to attain one via corrupt or normal means. nigerian degrees haven't been well-represented by its so-called postgraduates living abroad as most who come fresh of nigerian unis speak horribly or present themselves in a less-educated manner, especially on University Open Days.

Ghana is a betta option becos there, you'd mingle amongst people with goals who don't distract themselves with the fancy things in life. plus its a convenient and less-greedy environment for an aspiring student.

Take it from me, as I too studied abroad in Thames Valley Uni London and I know all i've seen and passed through with nigerian qualifications.

Think about ur decision carefully tho. Cos on the other hand you could study for free in finland, germany or norway as tuition fees are state-funded. If u'd ask me, I'd advice you to study in europe as it is a calmer, more organised and respectful environment. plus its job opportunities are very-rewarding if you finish with good grades. And u get the opportunity of a second language which sets u apart from other job applicants upon completition of your course.

Take it from someone living out here. Whatever you do, Good Luck. God Speed

(1) (Reply)

Ivory Learning Academy In Abuja / Scholarship Alerts / Education Grants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.