Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. (7856 Views)

"Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" / Sadaqa Is A Reason For The Increase In Provision / Mid-ramadan: A Gift Of Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by akinsmail51: 5:39pm On Apr 20
Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) said, “He who is presented with a flower of sweet basil should not reject it, because it is light in weight and pleasant in odour.” [ Muslim ]

Anas bin Malik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) never refused a gift of perfume. [ Al-Bukhari ]

Commentary

The author, may Allah shower blessings on him, said: The chapter on undesirability of rejecting the gift of perfume without a reason.

Ar-Raihaan refers to a type of perfume which is as described by the Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) - light in weight and good in smell.

The Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) directed that it should not be rejected.

The author (may Allah shower blessings on him) explained in the hadeeth recorded by Al-Bukhaari (may Allah shower blessings on him) from Anas bin Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) would never reject a gift of perfume.

There is no doubt that perfume opens the soul, brings joy to the heart and pleases the members of the gathering.

Thus, perfume was pleasing to the Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) so much so that he (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“In this world, perfume and women have been made beloved to me and the comfort of my eyes is in Salat.”

Therefore, one should always use perfume because it is a sign of purity of the servant, for pure things are for the pure people and the pure people are for the pure things.

And Allah, the Exalted, is Pure and does not accept except that which is pure.

So, you should not reject a gift of perfume because the Prophet (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) would not reject such gift.

Indeed, he (may Allaah peace and blessings be upon him) described it as light in weight and pleasant in fragrance. It will not harm you in anyway.

However, if you are afraid that the one that gave you the perfume will talk about it in gathering or remind you of his favour in the future by saying: ‘I gave you such-and-such and it is my reward.

I want you to serve me based on what I gave you’, you should not accept the gift.

This is because such a person has nullified his reward by recalling his generosity and causing harm.

It is better not to refuse it if there is no harm in collecting it.

Allah alone grants success.

Source : Sharh Riyaad us Soliheen by Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Uthaymeen (Explanation of Hadeeth 1786 & 1787)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by Babangidapikin: 12:17pm On Apr 26
I have been wanting to ask do Angel smell , because each time I wake up very early say 3am to 5:30 am ..I usually perceive this fragrance smell and there is no one around, neither is anyone going to work at that time ...it is just today I started googling about this phenomenal....If I was in Lagos, I would say perhaps a lady was passing bye ..but I am in a sleepy town , the best they do is 6am ...

7 Likes

Re: Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by Patrioticman007(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26
One of the beauties of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by Ramon92: 1:22pm On Apr 26
Babangidapikin:
I have been wanting to ask do Angel smell , because each time I wake up very early say 3am to 5:30 am ..I usually perceive this fragrance smell and there is no one around, neither is anyone going to work at that time ...it is just today I started googling about this phenomenal....If I was in Lagos, I would say perhaps a lady was passing bye ..but I am in a sleepy town , the best they do is 6am ...

Yes, they wear perfume and they can be recognised by their smell. Angel Jubrin uses Creed Aventus, Mikail uses Dior Sauvage and Israfil uses Baccarat.

E de one hadith like that

4 Likes

Re: Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by antiMuhamad: 1:36pm On Apr 26
Allah be praised!
Wind don blow yansh don show.
Abeg no be that boy dem call Muhamad wey Israel dey flog in ass for gaza ?grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. by Babangidapikin: 6:51pm On Apr 26
Ramon92:

Yes, they wear perfume and they can be recognised by their smell. Angel Jubrin uses Creed Aventus, Mikail uses Dior Sauvage and Israfil uses Baccarat.

E de one hadith like that
I am sure you know there is no coincidence in this topic . I am still expecting answers and if it's a spirit all well and good. My hands are clean ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Muslim Lady Models For A Fashion Show / The Foundation Of Islam Revolves Around Three Ahadith, See Them / What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.