Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) (17831 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / D'Tigress Qualify For Paris 2024 / This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Gadafii: 5:56pm On Apr 20
These are the people that brought religion to Africa, honoring their traditional Gods, they have their God of light, sun, thunder moon etc, same as we have sango,Ogun, amadioha, obatatala etc

But African traditional religion is frowned at even right here in Africa because of some foreign religion

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by forerunner022(m): 5:56pm On Apr 20
haybhi1:
Nigeria/Africa and the 'main character syndrome'. The whole world does not give a rat ass about you. Wake up and reason. Build yourself up Africa and stop the protagonist mentality.

Do similar thing or not, the world will not even stop rotating. The world doesn't revolve around us. Nobody send our papa.
Nobody send our papa na make us dey were we dey so..
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Eleph(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20
Culture and tradition!
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by hotspec(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20
Imagine, they call it tribute. But here, they call it idolatory
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by phorget(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:
Imagine if this Olympics was being hosted in Nigeria and traditional worshipers were recorded praying to Sango, Amadioha, Ifa...etc for a successful Olympics.

I can assure you that the highest online bashing they'll receive would be from Nigerians.

But watch how everyone would smile and keep shut cos whites are involved. Most Africans are suffering from slave mentality.

Because those gods you mentioned has not in anyway helped us to progress but their gods made them achieve greatness.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by caye(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20
Passionate888:

For your mind you don talk something. Read the history of the Olympic games and show me where Ifa or Amadioha dey there. The Olympic games is a tribute to the gods of mount Olympus

The gods of Greece were originally the African godṣ and goddesses of Kemet ; which the Greeks called Egypt.
The sun-god was Horus.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by thesicilian: 6:05pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:
Imagine if a tournament was being hosted in Nigeria and traditional worshipers were recorded praying to Sango, Amadioha, Ifa...etc for a successful tournament.

I can assure you that the highest online bashing they'll receive would be from Nigerians.

But watch how everyone would smile and keep shut cos whites are involved. Most Africans are suffering from slave mentality.
Serious slave mentality I tell you. Many of them will even gladly sell their entire families just to get a handshake from any white man
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by NOwazobia: 6:05pm On Apr 20
I dey imagine what people would have said about Africa if it was in Africa.

Dem say na only Africa dey do juju and believe in rituals...

Please, tell us what our so called saner climes are doing... undecided
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by ScamDemicEra: 6:06pm On Apr 20
ecolime:
Unnecessary Photoshoot.

The gods are dead and powerless.
..... are you sure ?
how did Buhari, Tinubu become president ?
how is Yahaya Bello going to escape with 80billion naira loot without giving EFCC their cut ?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled is convincing many he doesn't exist (The Usual Suspect 1995)

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by thesicilian: 6:06pm On Apr 20
hotspec:
Imagine, they call it tribute. But here, they call it idolatory
It is idolatry and they're not even afraid to show it openly anymore
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by sylve11: 6:07pm On Apr 20
forerunner022:
If we're to be African traditionalist that did this, the world would have called it rubbish.

Na your naija Christians go bash them sef. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Goddyrichie(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:
Imagine if a tournament was being hosted in Nigeria and traditional worshipers were recorded praying to Sango, Amadioha, Ifa...etc for a successful tournament.

💯
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Stewart883(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20
Very nice. I love this
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by nairalanda1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

Actually, those women are actresses.

Not the genuine priestess of Zeus and Apollo
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by badman007(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20
Greek mythology is not your mate… Argue with your gods
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by twilliamx(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20
The old gods are awakening. A time of evil is coming
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by badman007(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20
thesicilian:

It is idolatry and they're not even afraid to show it openly anymore

It is more relevant in today’s world than. It existed before whatever religious faith you follow.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Goddyrichie(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20
Trueprophet91:
Okay,hear this...

There's only one true and living God!
It's abomination for any nation to worship any of em dead gods.
shut up 🤫 d white that introduced the same religion are d one worship man made religion pass abi u sabi d Christian religion pass them nii brainwash people
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by NOwazobia: 6:10pm On Apr 20
PrettySmart:
But Nigerians will never pay tribute to Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila, or even Amadioha... Issokay, Continue!
Nigerians still do.

But it across tribal lines.

Ogun and Sango are not a generic god in Nigeria, so you don't expect everyone to worship it.

Same way with the others.

Almost every tribe and entinicity have their own god they worship.

My own gross of the matter is that people who have called Africa Superstitious, but here so many people are even praising them, including those that would have abused Africa for same thing.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by thesicilian: 6:11pm On Apr 20
badman007:

It is more relevant in today’s world than. It existed before whatever religious faith you follow.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by AmuRubber(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by NOwazobia: 6:12pm On Apr 20
nairalanda1:

Actually, those women are actresses.

Not the genuine priestess of Zeus and Apollo
So, is a movie they are shooting?

Very poor attempt at defence your double standard.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by nairalanda1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20
NOwazobia:
So, is a movie they are shooting?

Very poor attempt at defence your double standard.

No, they are actresses. Found out years ago. Kind of a letdown for me grin. ( I felt deceived).

I'm not defending anything ..if we were to do same, we do have opening ceremonies for sporting events that involve traditional dances and masquerade which honor some of the traditional gods and ancestors after all.

And then we had festac. Too bad we can't repeat it. ( Money)

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by princedukee(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20
Zues
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by DeOTR: 6:19pm On Apr 20
phorget:

Because those gods you mentioned has not in anyway helped us to progress but their gods made them achieve greatness.
What are you even talking about?
Do you even know that Thor is the same as Sango?
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by NOwazobia: 6:19pm On Apr 20
Gadafii:
These are the people that brought religion to Africa, honoring their traditional Gods, they have their God of light, sun, thunder moon etc, same as we have sango,Ogun, amadioha, obatatala etc

But African traditional religion is frowned at even right here in Africa because of some foreign religion
Many whites still frown at them though, or you think all the whites are in support of what they are doing there?

My only issue is with who would have called Africa superstitious, and embraced the white for being realistic and logical.

Nigeria traditional religion is very fragmented along tribal and family lines.

Like in my village, most families have their individual gods they worship.

Ogun, Osun are usually gods related to the west; you don't expect everyone to worship, same with those belonging to the east and south south, as much as to villages.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by correctguy101(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20
DeepSight:
Beautiful.

Africa wake up. There is nothing wrong with your traditional religions.

Lols

You'll see an African vehemently defending the "his-story" of another (the Jews) when they have zero info about their own history.

Their own forefathers and ancestors are now seen as demons wanting their blood... Yet they believe somebody else's ancestors where gods people and their saviours....

The mathematics escapes me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by NOwazobia: 6:20pm On Apr 20
nairalanda1:

No, they are actresses. Found out years ago. Kind of a letdown for me grin. ( I felt deceived).

I'm not defending anything ..if we were to do same, we do have opening ceremonies for sporting events that involve traditional dances and masquerade which honor some of the traditional gods and ancestors after all.

And then we had festac. Too bad we can't repeat it. ( Money)
ok

Understood
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by WorWorBoy: 6:25pm On Apr 20
Isn't Apollo the devil? Just saying.🤷🚶🚶

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by 2023Blessed: 6:26pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

Bless you. I was just about saying the exact same thing
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by dequir: 6:31pm On Apr 20
People of the world are getting more idolatry in this present age, giving more attention to satanic myths and images more and more than Godly things.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by abbeyd2(m): 6:32pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

Till now we haven't independent ourselves from slavery of when it's white it's right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2021 AFCON Moved From June To January Because Of Unfavorable Weather / Is Sports Betting A Skill Or Luck? Best Approach To Sports Betting / Coleen Rooney Accuses Rebekah Vardy Of Selling Fake News About Her To The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.