Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) (17825 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / D'Tigress Qualify For Paris 2024 / This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by omoluka: 6:33pm On Apr 20
Black man will never get sense grin!

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by ReacherSaidNoth: 6:34pm On Apr 20
Praise Zeus the one true god.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by phorget(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20
DeOTR:

What are you even talking about?
Do you even know that Thor is the same as Sango?

Lol,
It's like saying the witch in Nigeria is the same witch in the developed countries.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by mekuso89(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20
ecolime:
Unnecessary Photoshoot.

The gods are dead and powerless.
I pity you
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Jokerman(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20
Fools...

There's only one God. The creator of heaven and the earth.

Don't allow fallen angels deceive y'all
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 6:44pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:
Imagine if a tournament was being hosted in Nigeria and traditional worshipers were recorded praying to Sango, Amadioha, Ifa...etc for a successful tournament.

I can assure you that the highest online bashing they'll receive would be from Nigerians.

But watch how everyone would smile and keep shut cos whites are involved. Most Africans are suffering from slave mentality.

May God bless you and your family for this comment.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 6:46pm On Apr 20
DeepSight:
Beautiful.

Africa wake up. There is nothing wrong with your traditional religions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSb8TswXoyo&ab_channel=AfricanHistoryStation
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by crixlight2(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20
forerunner022:
If we're to be African traditionalist that did this, the world would have called it rubbish.
The world won’t even call it rubbish , they will be marvel and appreciate it but you see our black African people most especially our Nigeria Christians and Muslims na them gangan will kick

4 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by JoeEeL(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20
ARISHEM:
Imagine Northern Nigeria was selected to host Olympics and osun priestess was nominated to perform things like this in the north.
The riot and protest that will happen will be unimaginable

The joke is never on them. The joke is on you who insist on β€œOne Nigeria”
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by faceland: 6:50pm On Apr 20
If i was white, I would warship Zeus (not Jesus or Allah).

3 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by CrossRhodes: 6:54pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:
Imagine if a tournament was being hosted in Nigeria and traditional worshipers were recorded praying to Sango, Amadioha, Ifa...etc for a successful tournament.

I can assure you that the highest online bashing they'll receive would be from Nigerians.

But watch how everyone would smile and keep shut cos whites are involved. Most Africans are suffering from slave mentality.
I was just thinking about amadioha when I saw the caption and you are right.
Because it's white involved, it will slide.

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by RickyJesus: 6:55pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

You lack sense, if Olympics originate from Nigeria do think anyone would complain?

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnn78: 6:55pm On Apr 20
Space for sale
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by RickyJesus: 6:58pm On Apr 20
Passionate888:

For your mind you don talk something. Read the history of the Olympic games and show me where Ifa or Amadioha dey there. The Olympic games is a tribute to the gods of mount Olympus
No mind the idiot and the numerous idiots that like the post, they don't even know where the Olympic would take place or the location where that ceremony was don and what reason but no they feel they right or knowledge to comment, bunch of idiots.

1 Like

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by faceland: 6:59pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

If not for tribalism, I should have practice Yoruba traditional religion (like Fela, no real faith, just arrogance and rebellion against foreign religion) but I know the priest would use style to be cursing me.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 7:00pm On Apr 20
Here's a short History lesson...

The Greek god Zeus was a regular visitor to AFRICA.

From around 800 BC, the continent of Africa was known in Europe as The Land of The Gods.

The reason why Africans are especially religious even till today, including traditional religion, is that in the ancient world, the GODS LIVED IN AFRICA.

Africans were referred to by the Greeks as 'The Blameless Ethiopians', and were believed to be especially favoured by the Gods.

This was back when ALL of Africa south of Egypt was referred to as ETHIOPIA, and Africans were renowned for their piety. For their righteousness.

The Greek god Zeus, was a regular visitor.

According to Homer, in his famous poem, The Iliad.

''Zeus went yesterday to Ocean, to a feast
With the blameless Ethiopians, and all the Gods followed.
There is no time to sit.
To the streams of Ocean..
To the land of the Ethiopians
Where they offer a hecatomb to the Gods
I go once again
So as to receive my share
Of the feast.''

- Iliad, by Homer (800 BC)

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by BadEnglish(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20
Ekaette1621990:
When will Olympics pay tribute to our Darling president Tinubu?

Anyway I laugh in Swahili πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Until them pay tribute to your papa. We go dey wait . I laugh in Akwa ibom
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Pootle: 7:28pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

this looks orderly well arranged and organized, but home everything looks chaotic, scary
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by MT: 7:33pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

You are so spot on.

Africans look the other ways when the whites are involved or create a silly excuse for them.

Most africans are subservient to the whites, and they see themselves as inferior to the whites by default.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by MT: 7:36pm On Apr 20
Pootle:

this looks orderly well arranged and organized, but home everything looks chaotic, scary

@Nazgul, I have not read this comment before I made my previous comment to your post.

See how a fellow African was making excuses for them.

You cant expect the whites to respect you when you naturally feel inferior to them or make excuses for their actions.

5 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 7:37pm On Apr 20
Pootle:

THAT is a CEREMONY.

African religious CEREMONIES also look ''well arranged and organized''.

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by skuribeebo: 7:37pm On Apr 20
Zeus: when are we having our next orgy? cheesy grin
Said zeus to other gods.
Serve any god at your own risk.
None of them promised us eternity.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by xproducer: 7:40pm On Apr 20
Truly, truly... the GOD of the Holy Bible is the only GOD! Confirmed!

Isaiah 44:6
There Is No Other God
β€œThus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: β€˜I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God."

Isaiah 45:5
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me"

Isaiah 45:21
Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 7:44pm On Apr 20
xproducer:
Truly, truly... the GOD of the Holy Bible is the only GOD! Confirmed!

Isaiah 44:6
There Is No Other God
β€œThus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: β€˜I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God."

Isaiah 45:5
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me"

Isaiah 45:21
Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

DO YOU KNOW THAT IN THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS, THAT ''THE LORD'' YOU ARE READING THERE WAS ACTUALLY PLURAL?

'ELOHIM' WAS THE ORIGINAL WORD AND IT MEANS ''THE GODS'', OR ''THE LORDS''.

IT WAS THE GREEKS AND ROMANS WHO ALTERED IT IN THEIR TRANSLATIONS TO ''THE LORD'', AND THE OTHER SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE COPIED THEM.

I KNOW YOUR PASTOR DOESN'T TEACH YOU THIS ONE.

HE HIMSELF, DOES HE KNOW?

DO YOU KNOW THE ELOHIM ARE THE ORISHA PANTHEON THAT IFA PEOPLE WORSHIP TODAY

IGBOS CALL IT ALUSI?

OTHERS HAVE SIMILAR NAMES , LIKE OLISA, OLISE.

IT IS THE ELOHIM PANTHEON.

You guys have actually ABANDONED your true religion, and taken up the coloniser's INVENTED relIgion, thinking you are worshiping 'God'.

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 7:52pm On Apr 20
White people cherish and keep their culture and myths, Africans throw away our culture and traditions and adopted their culture as our religion.

How and why will whites respect us when we have shown them that we are foolish. As long as we carry Christianity and Islam for head, we remain slaves to Europeans and Arabs.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 7:55pm On Apr 20
Nazgul:

Na zombie slave mentality
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 7:56pm On Apr 20
ecolime:
Unnecessary Photoshoot.

The gods are dead and powerless.
What is living?
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 7:57pm On Apr 20
jojothaiv:

Not even the world, the in house realists here would have said all kind of load of cobbler, well, their headaches
They are not realists, just religious zombies.
Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 7:58pm On Apr 20
Pootle:

It is because you have been indoctrinated to see everything they do as perfect...they say white is good and black is evil..but funny thing is Caucasians are Orange not white...they tell you your culture is voodoo etc.

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Tellmeastory: 7:58pm On Apr 20
Passionate888:

For your mind you don talk something. Read the history of the Olympic games and show me where Ifa or Amadioha dey there. The Olympic games is a tribute to the gods of mount Olympus

The oldest evidence of athletics and sports competition dates back to 3800 BC in Memphis, Ancient Egypt.

Of course, in 3800 BC, Egypt was a PURE BLACK AFRICAN NATION, of the Pyramid building Pharaohs.

Everything started with us.

Boat regalia artefacts from Ancient Egypt

2 Likes

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by TVTM2023: 7:58pm On Apr 20
No they are worshipping their own gods and goddesses which are false religions.
All other gods are the works of men
Jesus Christ is the only true God.
The modernized version of festivals are sporting activities which have nothing to do with Jesus Christ at all.
We only thank God for some athletes who are Christians and they represent Jesus Christ in this corrupt and evil world.
May the Lord have mercy on us in Jesus mighty name

Nazgul:

Re: Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) by Johnjustice: 8:00pm On Apr 20
phorget:

Because those gods you mentioned has not in anyway helped us to progress but their gods made them achieve greatness.
Lies, science, technology and appropriate utilization of resources and slave era helped them progress.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dennerby Releases Super Falcons 23 Woman List For Women's World Cup. / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Announces Retirement From International Football / AFCON Semi-Final: VP Shettima Celebrates With Super Eagles Squad (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.