Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? (26497 Views)

What Is The Best And Cheapest SMM Panel For Social Media? / Where Can I Install Some Civil Engineering Software In Ibadan / Power Your Sensitive Appliances With Online Ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21
There are inverters dat work without batteries? I thought all inverters comes with batteries?
GerogeI:

Solar gets very costly mainly when peeps want to use power at night, meaning they have to store it. Batteries are costly. But you can enjoy solar power in day time, without heavy investment in batteries.

So if you can live with mearsly night power, you can have robust daytime power.
You need inverter and solar charge controller 100k, one or two car batteries 40k ( note you can also use a fairly old car battery, as long as it still gives 12 volts) and as many solar panels as you can get. Buy used panels. The more the solar panels, the more the power, from 10 am to 5 pm. The car battery is just to act as base for the inverter and also to even out instantaneous variation in power production due to changes in sun's intensity. It can charge you phone at night, and provide lighting, but that's it for night use.

Also, there are Chinese solar inverters that can work without batteries when the sun is reasonably bright. But they come in 2kw and 5kw capacities and would burn your whole budget.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21
Can it operate without solar panels?
I thought he will need panels?
primeache:
Those acclaimed professionals wouldn't let you achieve your dreams.

Do.you enjoy 6-8hour phcn supply in your base? Then forget about panels for now.

buy inverter 1.5kva and one Battery.
You are good to go!

Improve on it later
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by obmade: 3:32pm On Apr 21
grin grin

SirLakes:

What is WHAT IS?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Blaze14k: 3:33pm On Apr 21
Love800:
What is solar generator? Any difference between solar generator and the normal solar and inverter?

No difference at all. It's just that solar generator has all the components in one.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Sheriman(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21
rinaballa:

Can i use inverter without the battery??
No! You use both bro!
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Louis8796: 3:40pm On Apr 21
What solar company do you want to go for
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by GerogeI(m): 4:24pm On Apr 21
Love800:
There are inverters dat work without batteries? I thought all inverters comes with batteries?

Yes, that's what we knew previously, that inverters require either a battery or a reference voltage to work. Am not sure why.

But I own a Chinese inverter that will gladly bypass the battery once the Sun is reasonably bright at around 8 -10am. So I now reserve my old dead batteries are for refrigerator in day time, at night - phones and lighting.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by deardevil(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21
Harfisco:

My plan too, but I don't know who to trust for a considerate charge

I approached a guy close to my neighbor and he told me 1 million naira for inverter at my place
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by EDhims(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21
Pls can anyone give me a quotation for installing solar for a phone charging shop. 30 sockets(charge points) in total

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by primeache: 4:51pm On Apr 21
If you meet the requirements prescribed, you wouldn't need solar panels to start with if you enjoy 6-8hrs electricity supply.

That was how I started.

The function of the solar panels is to charge the batteries.
Meanwhile, many inverter comes with inbuilt chargers to charge the batteries

Love800:
Can it operate without solar panels?
I thought he will need panels?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Justinlean02(m): 4:53pm On Apr 21
Mavor:
what is the capacity of the battery and how long can 2 laptops, 1 standing fan and 6 energy white bulbs last in a 24 hour period?
The battery capacity is about 1020wh and can last 10hrs
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Xinjin: 5:28pm On Apr 21
Mavor:
how long in a day does your laptop and fan last?
You mean how long does the power system last? On fully charged, it last Only 2 hours when you plug a laptop and a fan. It's not a big solution but maybe with solar panel
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by gammarays(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21
Joshaw8:
Just go and buy bee jump solar ,itz sold for 320k
Itz the best
Can this power 1 TV, decoder, 2 fans plus laptop and phone for 8+ hours?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by charlsecy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21
Donald7610, nihinlade
What amount is needed to solar-power a 6-bedroom duplex with a chest freezer and a standing fridge, no AC's?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by mechanics(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21
It won't serve you, use 4 solar panels of 150 watts, or 3 panels of 250 watts.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by fashrola(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21
Mikelarteta:

I have an inverter generator for sale that I brought to Ng from Canada. If you have a buyer pls let me know. I also have 4.5 and 5KVA Tokunbo Generators also for sale.

lemme see picture and spec of this.........
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Hybrid600: 6:49pm On Apr 21
Love800:
Hello.
What does this solar generator mean? Is it different from our normal solar and inveter?

In lay terms, it's a box containing an inverter and battery inside it. It also has provisions or ports where solar panels can be connected to it .
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Princemedico18: 6:59pm On Apr 21
My office system, just one battery Cost me 750k.

My home system Cost me millions
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by iamL(f): 7:08pm On Apr 21
cunny88:
Bruh ur budget should be enough. I work from from home and my boss was worried about my productivity, hence I picked up a mobile solar/inverter for 155k, its capable of serving my laptop, a fan and fones for hours. Once its charged full am good to go.

Please when, where and what product are u using? Please reply me.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by cunny88(m): 7:20pm On Apr 21
iamL:

Please when, where and what product are u using? Please reply me.
I use Sukhig solar energy system. You can find it on online
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by fashrola(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21
GerogeI:

Yes, that's what we knew previously, that inverters require either a battery or a reference voltage to work. Am not sure why.

But I own a Chinese inverter that will gladly bypass the battery once the Sun is reasonably bright at around 8 -10am. So I now reserve my old dead batteries are for refrigerator in day time, at night - phones and lighting.

What's the brand name and model?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Donald7610: 8:42pm On Apr 21
charlsecy:
Donald7610, nihinlade
What amount is needed to solar-power a 6-bedroom duplex with a chest freezer and a standing fridge, no AC's?
If they are New freezers not old type
Plan for Minimum 5kw solar powered inverter
Details
18 Solar panels of 300w
4 tubular batteries
5kw Hybrid Inverter 48v
Accessories
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Donald7610: 9:15pm On Apr 21
matify83:

Hmmm!

This is going to be a recipe for disaster.

One 250w solar panel at Isc of about 7A on a PWM charge controller will never take that battery to a full Bulk charge of 14.4V.

My guy will definitely have issues in less than 3 months after installation because the battery will sulphate from undercharging.

I will advise op get more funds and set-up something that will be worth the effort. An MPPT charge controller will be most appropriate because of its efficiency.
He will need about 2-3 additional panels for faster charging.

My guy, just invest the 350k and do a good job later.
You are not ready yet

The recipe is okay
You're wrong bro
7A good to charge 100a battery
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by bizzibodi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21
What capacity of inverter can takes:a deep freezer,one 32"led Tv,3 ceiling fans,5 energy bulbs for 6hrs.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by groundfinger(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.
Yes you can use 350k to get solar generator that will power basic Home Appliances...if you need more details please Dm.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Excelbliss81: 7:19am On Apr 22
Donald7610:
Don't waste your money
It won't be enough

The recipe is okay not disaster
250w solar panel okay for 100a battery
7A is more than enough to charge 100a battery

If they are New freezers not old type
Plan for Minimum 5kw solar powered inverter
Details
18 Solar panels of 300w
4 tubular batteries
5kw Hybrid Inverter 48v
Accessories

This is my dream spec. Please, what is the budget for this spec?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 8:16am On Apr 22
Okay.
So between solar generator and normal solar and inverter, which one is better?
Blaze14k:

No difference at all. It's just that solar generator has all the components in one.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 8:19am On Apr 22
That means you still use batteries na.
GerogeI:

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Blaze14k: 8:20am On Apr 22
Love800:
Okay.
So between solar generator and normal solar and inverter, which one is better?

It is advisable you get inverter with panel and separate charge control unit.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 8:21am On Apr 22
Okay.
Thanks alot.
primeache:
If you meet the requirements prescribed, you wouldn't need solar panels to start with if you enjoy 6-8hrs electricity supply.

That was how I started.

The function of the solar panels is to charge the batteries.
Meanwhile, many inverter comes with inbuilt chargers to charge the batteries

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 8:36am On Apr 22
Okay.
That means solar generator and normal solar and inverter are the same thing. No difference.

But, which one is more better and effective?
Hybrid600:

In lay terms, it's a box containing an inverter and battery inside it. It also has provisions or ports where solar panels can be connected to it .
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Love800(m): 8:52am On Apr 22
In other words, you dont rate solar generators?
Blaze14k:

It is advisable you get inverter with panel and separate charge control unit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.