Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You (20572 Views)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / What Has 2018 Taught You? / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Mariangeles(f): 12:15pm On Apr 23
IbrahimSkiba:

It does

Money doesn't.
God does.

The biggest challenge in life is one money cannot solve.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by simmydare82(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23
It Thought usthat, the ones that enjoyed that moment will not be there for you again, it also helps us to focus on our future rather than flying around impressing the people that don't love us.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by uuzba(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23
Lumidee007:
Some posts here are giving me hope
The bad thing about being broke is that you don't even realise when it starts. You think you can just keep doing this little thing quietly. But that little thing is either wrong or not enough. And then surely with time, you land inside BrokeLand.
The big challenge now is to look at your life from the beginning up to now and see which bad thing you may have done to land you in broke land and then change that bad behaviour.
Maybe you were afraid to ask someone a question. Or you are too selfish? Or not challenging enough?
You watch sharkTank or Dragon's Den (YouTube) and see business people securing funding to expand their business. They too were broke but inside that brokeNess, they started a business thing that they were so confident about so that they can get a loan to expand it and pay back. And finally come out of their brokeNess.
I don't know. Everyone has a journey. People are rich because of certain things or ways they behave. Unfortunately, they distance themselves from broke poor people So poor people are not able to FOLLOW CLOSELY the same steps of rich people and copy them INTO also becoming rich. It's not by wearing shoe, watch and crying 50mp latest camera phone.
Get close to a rich person. Don't beg him for money. Beg him for training/mentorship...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Patriotic9ja(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

No the purpose isn't defeated
When I had a job, I was in the habit of giving even to the last Kobo knowing fully well end of the month won't fail. If I had known, all those folks that used to run to me after Saturday football match and begging for one favor or the other, I would have made it clear to them that I am helping them so that they too could repair me.
Some of them I used to help don't even act as if they know me anymore.
The period when a person loses their job provides an opportunity to have a clear view of who the people around him really are.
I learnt the hard way. I am still learning sha

All what you said are correct and also contextual. Enjoy your day.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by peterboro: 12:17pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅

Please change that "G" for God to capital letter. God is always a wonder working God.

THIS WAS EXACTLY MY STORY. But in my own case, my mom and my 3 younger sisters stood by me through prayers and believing in me that things can get better soon.

AND SAME WAY GOD FINALLY DID IT FOR ME AND I GOT A SURPRISED VISA LATE LAST YEAR. And i have been making sure my mom and sisters will never lack🙏🙏🙏🤲🤲🤲

BUT YOU SEE FRIENDS?
I leaned my lesson through those period.

I only just pity my best friend and sent him 1m to do business just two weeks ago. I just did it because of God.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Mariangeles(f): 12:17pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

What about your father?
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Texcyndy: 12:18pm On Apr 23
2times2:
Don't feel bad if you'll have to cheat someone a little for you to survive.

Proverbs 6:30-31 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by WhiteIverson: 12:18pm On Apr 23
00FFT00:

What are you putting in to change your narrative?.
Work, school, or just prayers and hope or client?.
Done with school. Haven't been able to land a stable job yet.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by mukthar2000(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23
Unexplainable disaster.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Tallesty1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23
IbrahimSkiba:

It does
Sure, if your problem is finding what to eat, wear, and the right data package.

Like I said, you will realize the true value of money when you finally have it. You will also learn that wealth comes with problems that money cannot solve.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by abobote: 12:20pm On Apr 23
It's all man for himself
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Tallesty1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23
Caleycash:
Methuselah we done see you... you're plainly delusional, to enjoy this little time we have on earth money is a must!
Money is one of the things needed but not all.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by uuzba(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23
Caleycash:
Even people who has got it enough are still looking for more!... you're delusional to think money doesn't solve 99% of issues in life!
Steve jobs of APPLE still died of cancer and divorce alone, even with all the iPhone and Mac money.
Where is the happiness there?

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Uche559(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23
Unnecessary excuse just to cover up one's poverty. My younger sister whom I senior with 10years was getting married I ve to lie that I was not given permission in the office. Even transport to travel home guy man no get......it's painful. Imagine me moving from a one bedroom flat to a single room and sold all my properties with a stupid excuse to my colleagues that am still single....my fiancee left this year, she could not endure anymore, but i had to lie to all those that knew us that our genotype does not match......

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:32pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out. Friends are the worse, the ones i bot fone for no de reach my house again. He comes every weekend cos we stay on d same street. Friends i de buy things for every weekend that i even dash money every and then stopped relating with me immediately. Hasn't called or chat.

The one wey dey come meet me borrow money every week wey i de even tell am to forget repayment embarrassed me cos he is now doing fine and i borrowed some funds and couldn't pay bak in time.

Only one or 2 colleagues reach out.

My siblings, two have been so supportive and encouraging. The other two wey i even place on salary for over 5 yrs no send me like dat.

My parents have been very wonderful mehn. They re lovely especially my mom. I just feel so sad i can't cater for her now but thank God dad is a pensioner

Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn

How can you have one bank account, why didn't you transfer the fund to another account, buy Money Market fund or FGN bonds with the fund.
How come you transferred the money to your baby mamas account.

I hope you are not a Simp.

You just learned the hard way .

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by udemzeus(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23
No matter what, make sure you invest in yourself, take that money and invest in something long term

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by UnknownQueen(f): 12:36pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

But you're also a human being, is it safe to say you're disgusting and irritating?

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Niok: 12:36pm On Apr 23
Payperboii:
Broke or Rich
Steady bombing
teach me work
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by olarent: 12:37pm On Apr 23
We have All spoken well, the takeaway point is that we should be prudent financially when ever we have excess and avoid show if fame so that we will not go broke deeply. Everybody go broke, but should not be to the extent of finding it difficult to eat.

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by madridguy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23
Don't you consider this as a fake life? Why not open up to your family and friends and let them know your current predicament.

Uche559:
Unnecessary excuse just to cover up one's poverty. My younger sister whom I senior with 10years was getting married I ve to lie that I was not given permission in the office. Even transport to travel home guy man no get......it's painful. Imagine me moving from a one bedroom flat to a single room and sold all my properties with a stupid excuse to my colleagues that am still single....my fiancee left this year, she could not endure anymore, but i had to lie to all those that knew us that our genotype does not match......

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tochez24(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23
Caleycash:
Similar story here bro, I had issues and came back to Naija without faden, all my friends and relatives turned there back on me except for one and I don't joke with him now I'm doing fine... omo even family members everyone saying all manner of shit about me, a family friend even said I have mental issue which is a spiritual thing, they should take me to my hometown for cleansing, omo I see hell on earth, I went suicidal with strong depression, I always thankGod for my Mom and sister though, na only dem believe in me!, my junior brother even called me a FAILURE, that if its him he rather die in Europe than to come home, by God's grace I'm doing very well now and I'm paying everyone back what they ripped 100 percent, make no one manipulate or blackmail you into forgiving and helping anyone that was against you when you're low, they never cared for you!!!

Do i look unsettled to you bro?

As long as i still live, my money will never enter anybody hand again⚠️

I have gone pass by my 'breaking point' in life already🎯

Anytime i decide to visit naija i go just face my front💯
❌No visits
❌No pleasantries
❌No taking of calls or chats
❌No friends and family

God forgives.... I don't❌

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tochez24(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23
Mariangeles:

What about your father?

He's late😔
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by olaztek(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23
Nobody respect and associate with a brokie. As a brokie man, everyone including your family will treat you like a piece of shit that has no value and incapable of making it in life.

They will make you feel hopeless and futureless. The only good thing out of this experience is that those negativity are what will fuel you to become somebody in life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Caleycash(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23
placeofallure:
It's not a good place to be. I hate to be at anybody's mercy.....Ah! You don kill me be that.
For everyone struggling, keep your heads up, don't be lazy, don't be arrogant, believe in what your hands can do for you. If you receive help from elsewhere, accept it with gratitude but don't expect you'd get help. That's what keeps me up, I face my battles squarely without any expectations, it's more honourable.

To ask for help is not weakness it just might not work out. I'd be damned if I show you my unclothedness and you couldn't cover me😱 Many say it's pride but I call it self esteem.
Truth!, but you see that "Arrogance" that's what you need when you're doing well!, people who didn't aid you in anyway and feel entitled to your money deserve it!, it's also a great tool to checkmate manipulative and blackmailing people, they will smell your energy from far, Arrogance has its own benefits when utilised well!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:42pm On Apr 23
Mariangeles:

Money doesn't.
God does.

The biggest challenge in life is one money cannot solve.

That is true

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Wallade(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23
phorget:
Hmmmmmm.

Being broke attracts all kinds of disrespects from family, friends and the society at large.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by DonBenny77(m): 12:47pm On Apr 23
Payperboii:
Broke or Rich
Steady bombing
Bros, abeg teach me work na ..
I don tire to be civil...
Nothing come out
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Lordatkinson: 12:47pm On Apr 23
LESSON LEARNT FROM BEING BROKE

1. Don't be too eager to travel out (JAPA), it is capable of making you run bankrupt

2. Always prepare for dry season in the raining days

3. What you cannot give, don't lend out

4. No family, no friends except when you have

5. Don't spend unnecessarily when you have

6. Always work more to add to what you have

7. Don't let your spending pass what you are earning as income/profit. If you do, you run broke.

8. If you don't give up, you can always come back.

This trend make my day, reignite my hope, making me to know that no worries even if wife, children and family desert me. That things are not working now is a phase of life that will soon end, no be village witches dey witch hunt.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Brandosky: 12:48pm On Apr 23
yarimo:
You will realize you have a lot of crowd with very very few friends and loved ones
For the first time i agree with you numb skull
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by jmichael259(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out.. Big lessons mehn

Nna mehn, opening another account or multiple accounts would have taken you less than 2hrs to run. How una dey get this kind mind self? Anyways lessons dun learn like you said.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by rapheal5(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23
I'm presently in that situation, who ever can support my talent with gadget and costumes. I'm a song writer, recording artist and content creator, i can act any character...

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Emmaxmusic(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23
Do something else something will do you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Sells Dollars To BDCs Below Market Rate At ₦‎1,101/$1 / Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back / I Want To Start Importation Of Spare Parts Pls Help

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.