Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities (30134 Views)

18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) / Taraba Governor-elect, Agbu Kefas Graduates From Harvard University / Kenneth Ononeze Okwor Graduates From Harvard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by omoluka: 9:48pm On Apr 22
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin

People old enough to be his parents will turn this into a tribal fight now. Just watch grin
Then don't give what you can't take grin. Tribalism is bad!
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Enemyofpeace: 10:05pm On Apr 22
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Lagbaja425(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22
Alabamajogor:
With all these feats, na Computational Physics you wan go do. That is definitely not useful in Nigeria unless you end up in the class as lecturer.

No vex but your statement is fairly shallow. If the young man maintains his academic performance in the U.S (or wherever he lands), I sincerely doubt he will need to even remotely consider opportunities in naija once he graduates.

Here is a link to the top careers of computational physics grads. https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/do-with-computational-physics-degree

Check out 13, 14 & 15. With the pedigree of the schools that have offered him admission, better believe those numbers will likely be even higher when he graduates.

Lecturer ko, SUG president ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by jojothaiv(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin

People old enough to be his parents will turn this into a tribal fight now. Just watch grin
I like the way you lay your comment, it's heavy but the 'featherweight' brainaics on nairaland go still keep malice with your yarnings.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by mmauton: 11:11pm On Apr 22
and someone will just wakeup after getting high to say until you are 18 years of age not admission into university. dey play

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Azazyel: 11:32pm On Apr 22
KingAzubuike:
Later people forming grass to grace stories go dey yarn say aje butter no dey sabi book, they are spoilt and lazy bla bla bla. You wey be aje kpako weytin you don achieve

Na jealousy dey worry them cos they never had a better life. Nigerians love to glorify suffering
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Moniya4Real(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22
May he not die an untimely death in the mighty name of JESUS so as to be able to soar academically and all in all his endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Moniya4Real(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22
See your life!!! you sha no dey hear word. you stylishly ensured you chip in tribal sentiment.

Alaigbo:
Especially your tribesmen but unlike you do you see any Yoruba bragging that Yoruba Amala rubbish.

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Anashe: 1:59am On Apr 23
Nigeria is truly blessed. Congratulations young chap!

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by ObalendeCMS: 2:39am On Apr 23
Young man, Nigeria don't deserve you.
Japa wo Canada!
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Burgerlomo: 3:02am On Apr 23
Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by rafcrown(m): 4:13am On Apr 23
Let him leave the country as soon as possible.They dont cherish brilliant people only Touts and BobRisky type are cherished.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by lebienconnu: 4:51am On Apr 23
Congratulations bro.
Please keep it up.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Monaboo(m): 5:09am On Apr 23
kayusely70:
Can you kindly expantiate in this? I'm interested, thanks.

You can send a DM.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by pacesetting: 5:25am On Apr 23
Not sure if Havard is the best for the course he intends to study. People around him should guide him well.

School, after all, is not a scam.
God1000:
More power to this young genius

He should go to Harvard
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Focusmind: 5:56am On Apr 23
This is a genius! His intelligence is inborn. Not necessarily about his secondary school. Though the school may have tried. The sad truth is, at the end, the Western world will benefit from the intelligence of this Nigerian more than Nigeria itself. That's the sad reality of the Nigerian State. Definitely, he is going to either Harvard or Brown University for the computational physics, which has no bearing with Nigeria, as our economy is not structured to accommodate that kind of skill.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Realtruth2023: 6:50am On Apr 23
Timothy89:
Omoluabi

Glad you make us proud, there is this other girl that won against china and other world power countries from Ogun state

Yorubas are proud of you guys, continue to excel and put your country on the success map

You just had to be that dense fellow that will go tribal, but will complain when Air peace air hostesses will wear Isi Agu.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Chaolin: 7:26am On Apr 23
Pls his yoruba people should not use juju to spoil the boys bright future,
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by KingAzubuike(f): 7:30am On Apr 23
Azazyel:

Na jealousy dey worry them cos they never had a better life. Nigerians love to glorify suffering
Exactly . They believe if you didn't suffer before making it, then you don't have a story.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by heysquare(m): 8:30am On Apr 23
santaclaws:
Nice... My respect goes to his parents. Stories like this don't happen by coincidence, the parents invested money, effort and time in his education. The young man also played his role by being serious with his academics.

Meanwhile some parents would send their kids to the worst and cheapest school in their community, with poor nutrition, even to read at home na wahala when the home isn't conducive for learning, yet they'd say "pikin wey go sabi book go sabi book"

No oh, Sabinus ni!
๐Ÿคฅ
What's amount of their school fees? I'm not sure the school charge exorbitant fees like that primary school charging 42 million
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Truths9ja: 9:16am On Apr 23
Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by maasoap(m): 11:11am On Apr 23
olaolaking:
My point is that we want quick fix. We don't want any responsibility or sacrifice from our side. So our best hands suddenly become evil to us when they bring out policies that we pay in future.

Eg. Madam. Gรจlรจ suggest that custom duty on vehicle imported to the country be increased. It was a fantastic policy that we favour us if we can stick to it for 4 to 5 years. But we are not ready for such sacrifice and we sabotaged it and call them names.

You want them to increase duty on vehicles again? Do you even have an idea the amount of duty being paid on each vehicle as at today? Laughing

Even Gej was a good man but we rubbish him and that continues till this day
The same GEJ who said on national TV that "stealing is not corruption" or another GEJ? Sometimes, I don't even know whether to classify some of you as clowns or jokes based on your conviction
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by maasoap(m): 11:17am On Apr 23
Focusmind:
This is a genius! His intelligence is inborn. Not necessarily about his secondary school. Though the school may have tried. The sad truth is, at the end, the Western world will benefit from the intelligence of this Nigerian more than Nigeria itself. That's the sad reality of the Nigerian State. Definitely, he is going to either Harvard or Brown University for the computational physics, which has no bearing with Nigeria, as our economy is not structured to accommodate that kind of skill.

If he doesn't grab the opportunity, Nigerian society will make him fade away. But I have to trust his parents/guardians/teachers on that anyway.
Nigeria is a country where those who are naturally supposed to be doctors and nurses end up becoming bus conductors or at best given Agric courses or Zoology while the below average students end up becoming Medics and doctors
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Timothy89(m): 11:17am On Apr 23
Realtruth2023:

You just had to be that dense fellow that will go tribal, but will complain when Air peace air hostesses will wear Isi Agu.

If Air peace wear isi agu how is that a crime? I'm a native man and I believe in native dress than White things

Where did you see me criticizing Air peace hostesses dresses? I think most of you from East are ex psychiatric patients

I'm going tribal by eulogizing my kinsman that's putting us on the map of success. If that's tribal to you then what will you do to it?

You've to call your dad middle name (dense) to pass your imbecilic post

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by Focusmind: 11:45am On Apr 23
maasoap:

If he doesn't grab the opportunity, Nigerian society will make him fade away. But I have to trust his parents/guardians/teachers on that anyway.
Nigeria is a country where those who are naturally supposed to be doctors and nurses end up becoming bus conductors or at best given Agric courses or Zoology while the below average students end up becoming Medics and doctors

You are right. Nigerian system is not structured to harness the talents of her citizens. Lots of talents are utilising their talents in other countries. Our educational system should be geared towards more productivity and the system should be able to reward exceptional talents like Ositade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by santaclaws: 12:02pm On Apr 23
heysquare:

What's amount of their school fees? I'm not sure the school charge exorbitant fees like that primary school charging 42 million

LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Nobody said a good school has to cost 42 million bro... But quality education isn't cheap. All I am saying is that parents shouldn't just do the bare minimum and expect to get maximum results from kids, it doesn't work that way.
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by randymirrors(f): 2:38pm On Apr 23
YORUBA. Best tribe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by javascript1901: 7:49am On Apr 24
jmoore:
17 years? While minister of education wants to make 18 years as the minimum age before university admission.

They should better dead that policy
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by javascript1901: 7:54am On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
Na Papa seun osewa school be dat. Is he from ekiti state? I'm checking...oh, its ogun this time...it's an ogun state name smiley

What's your point?
Re: Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities by javascript1901: 7:57am On Apr 24
maasoap:

Deep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Police Arrest Primary School Students For Not Doing Assignments(pics) / 16 Idioms Worth Investing Into Your Vocabulary / Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.