Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV (43285 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 / Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Stephaniegold(f): 6:38pm On Apr 24
mobileboy:
thank God for CNF app that I'm now using to watch ball

no more wasting money on useless subscription
Pls how do I get dis app as well....pls help
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by James91: 6:39pm On Apr 24
femtex007:

Yes. Food don set.
Ndi obedient empty skulls
Tell your drug addicts president to start working

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by deardevil(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24
mobileboy:

Kindly enlighten more on the cnf app

Make me self say use am watch ball cus money for ball now for my area na 300j h
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by placeofallure(f): 6:45pm On Apr 24
EleventhWeirdo:
Lol

Naija issues self is enough to watch as TV

I laughed at this comment grin grin
E reach tru tru.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by placeofallure(f): 6:47pm On Apr 24
dominique:
Can't we all come together and boycott this madness?

My thinking exactly. I'm finally done! How much I buy decoder sef? I dey use times 3 of it for ordinary sub now. This doesn't make sense anymore. I'm out!

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Iceking1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 24
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Nteogwuija(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24
mediclife1987:

Hmmm, abeg jamisi. But I dunno what to now do with this my 40" TV wey no be smart TV oh, na dprice of this Smart TV Na die meen undecided

Get Amazon or Xiaomi MI fire stick. That's what I use instead of buying an expensive smart TV.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by kabanayol9(m): 7:03pm On Apr 24
Once this current Gotv subscription runs out, i am switching back to Startimes, enough of the nonsense from Multichoice, Startimes here we go....

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:06pm On Apr 24
deeptechcool:
Who still dey use these bloodsuckers?
am still using it, any other options please direct me
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24
mobileboy:

Pls how do I download it
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Nteogwuija(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24
Iceking1:

This is free to air, I watch all Premier league, LA Liga, series A, champions league etc matches.

Not even one single match that would be missed, not even one.

The decoder is 48k, then u connect ur Hotspot, watching for 12 hours takes about 6mb

If u subscribe 500 naira or 1000 it'd last u for the whole of the month and even expire.

Pls, how can one get the decoder? Or what's the name of the decoder? The one someone told me about, he said I'd be subscribing 7500 monthly with little data.

Also, my problem with streaming live football matches is the constant buffering, and the 2 to 3 mins lag behind Dstv. It's as though I'm watching replays, especially when my neighbor is viewing same game as me. He'd react and I'd get that reaction like 2 to 3 mins later. Is it like that with this decoder?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by mediclife1987(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24
Nteogwuija:

Get Amazon or Xiaomi MI fire stick. That's what I use instead of buying an expensive smart TV.

Eheen?! Lemme browse it sharpely oh!
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by femtex007(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24
James91:
Tell your drug addicts president to start working
Hahahahahaha. Who do drugs reach ur kindred?
Mumu
Ndi developers that couldn't develop their own side

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by belej2: 7:15pm On Apr 24
superCleanworks:
Very good. Keep increasing it. Nigerians will complain and still pay.

with 3k sub and you set your TV to 480p , na you go taya. The sweetest part is you get to choose whatever you want to watch, pause, rewind and fastforward as you like and Your sub still dey if NePa take light.

My DSTV decoder is just another relic.

Pls what’s the meaning of 480p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:17pm On Apr 24
MaziObinnaokija:
sad they should continue to increased am and kip showing old,useless movies
It I'd cos of EPL that's why some dey sub. NETFLIX dey jare.Nah to watch TVC
without EPL I can't buy dstv
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Iceking1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24
Nteogwuija:

Pls, how can one get the decoder? Or what's the name of the decoder? The one someone told me about, he said I'd be subscribing 7500 monthly with little data.

Also, my problem with streaming live football matches is the constant buffering, and the 2 to 3 mins lag behind Dstv. It's as if I'm watching replays, especially when my neighbor is viewing same game as me. He'd react and I'd get that reaction like 2 to 3 mins later. Is it like that with this decoder?

I don't know the name, I'll check when I get home.

It does not buffer like, not even for a single second.

Same thought I had before buying it, not it doesn't buffer, not even for a second. It goes extremely smoothly.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Nteogwuija(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24
belej2:

Pls what’s the meaning of 480p

It's ur TV screen's resolution. The lesser the resolution, the lesser it consumes data.

If you don't mind low quality displays, you can use the 480p resolution.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:19pm On Apr 24
nedu666:

Fourth increase in a year
but why is our government quite on these multichoice people but are disturbing nigerian suppermarket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Nteogwuija(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24
Iceking1:

Same thought I had before buying it, not it doesn't buffer, not even for a second. It goes extremely smoothly.

Okay, please do. Is it possible to remind you? Can I contact u via your Nairaland PM, if you still have access to the email?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by melakes(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24
Iceking1:

Waiting for the name of the decoder o cheesy
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by daddy001: 7:22pm On Apr 24
Googledotcom:
Sub is way cheaper o. With 5k on Airtel, you get 40 GB. With the epileptic power supply, I stream on my smart TV and even on my phone, I still have about 20 GB not used. I stream the movies I want to watch any time I like.

I'll just top up for next month and keep streaming.
Please what is the code for 5k ( 40g data)
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:22pm On Apr 24
Jeezuzpick:

Smart TV links to internet via wi-fi.

Whatever you can watch on your phone with internet you can watch on a smart TV
what of live matches
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:24pm On Apr 24
maxiuc:
Just buy Elon musk starlink

If you have smart TV you won't need dstv at all

With my pockets mifi I dey stream any match I want to watch bye bye to DStv for the past 1yr my leg never touch view center
so you can use it watch EPL & champions League live?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by greggng: 7:25pm On Apr 24
Namdeenero:
I should pay for DSTV when Netflix is there

Does Netflix show cnn and aljasera news channels? I thought is only movies ? At my age what should I be doing with movies ?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by bluefilm: 7:25pm On Apr 24
DSTV na nonsense

Repeating same program over and over again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Ezmans: 7:25pm On Apr 24
Karo1212:
SLTV IS THE BEST ALTERNATIVE NIW THE SHIW ALL LIVE MATCHES
please any contact on sltv
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Cmeo(m): 7:26pm On Apr 24
Multichoice dug their own grave the moment they failed to add Internet subscriptions service to their decoder/ TV services. However, it's too late for them to learn from that now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Raregem9000(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24
Yes, but it still pays than DSTV or GOTV.
concho:
you will still need to sub
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by HimName: 7:30pm On Apr 24
My decoder just dey hia for space cover.

I do Netflix for movies and streams football matches on my phone.

Make dem increase am reach 50k if dem like.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by millionboi(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24
kingzjay:

The small object pointing to your satellite dish
okay thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Truvelisback(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24
mobileboy:

Can I get the app from app store?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Adewale1603(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24
DStv, gotv will soon go into extinct just like DVD players. People are going digital and online streaming, YouTube and others.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos) / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.