Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention (27823 Views)

Whatsapp Voice Note Is The Best Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by spencekat(m): 10:21am On Apr 25
I don't see it as a big deal.I may not listen to the voice note immediately, especially if I am not in a conducive place or don't have an earpiece on me.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by membranus: 10:22am On Apr 25
I don't listen to voice note on WhatsApp, no matter who sends it.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by richie240: 10:23am On Apr 25
alphaNomega:

don't stress yourself about vn. if you cannot respond immediately, you cannot respond immediately.

you can type as much as you want

besides, not everyone has the same "amount of time" you have to type 300 lines of text on whatsapp

that means even you, complaining about vn, are being selfish.
I taya o.
grin

RickyJesus:

You don't get it bro, it's all good.

You even have to modify to end some jargons, when I thought you are being reasonable. My guy just fvck off.
He has not said anything wrong, he just expressed his opinion.
Your outburst reveals a lot about ur personality.
cool
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On Apr 25
Twoclans:

Tohhhhh ,I was wondering how voice note is such an issue.

People are becoming less tolerant.
I am yet to know why... cheesy
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Shattuck(m): 10:26am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I like your enthusiasm but I right now my bro I can't deal with dull people.

You don't understand the cruise of the matter but you decided to give your opinion anyway, can't stress myself right now explaining what a dumbass you are. So let's just say you are right to prevent any further back and forth.
you keep insulting everyone who disagrees with your opinion, it is very immature of you, I don't like vn either but no mature human being would reply folks the way you do.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by spencekat(m): 10:27am On Apr 25
alphaNomega:

don't stress yourself about vn. if you cannot respond immediately, you cannot respond immediately.

you can type as much as you want

besides, not everyone has the same "amount of time" you have to type 300 lines of text on whatsapp

that means even you, complaining about vn, are being selfish.
Simple!
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by oluwamichael93(m): 10:30am On Apr 25
i used to think i was the only one. once i see, "recording voice note", i'll quickly type "please type". once you refuse, i just know the conversation is coming to an end.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by AyeMoJuba: 10:32am On Apr 25
Namaster:
I hate that shiit like shiit.

Some people are so STUPID that they'll send you a VN from inside a party venue. Really grinds my gears.

Like if I wanted to hear your frog voice, I'd give you a call. But I don't and that's why I'm texting you.

Whenever someone does that NONSENSE with me, I warn them IMMEDIATELY to never send me a VN. If they persist, I block them and delete their number.

Thought I was the only one that dislikes that shiit.

Do you know the meaning of intolerance?

You are a definite example of an intolerant person.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by meobizy(f): 10:32am On Apr 25
l swear, this forum is full of weirdos. You children are not properly adjusted.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by moneyissweet(m): 10:36am On Apr 25
For me, voice note is mainly for illiterates who can’t read or write.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Damian911: 10:36am On Apr 25
Using VN is sometimes caused by laziness
I love typing and expects you to do same
A little VN is not bad anyways
Too much of everything is bad
Let everything be in moderation!
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Pimine: 10:44am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!
I don't know what they're yapping on and on about. I hate chatting via text. I prefer calls. But if you insist on chatting with me, you know I'm only going to reply through voice notes 80% of the time. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by bercarray(m): 10:45am On Apr 25
Kenmatt:
I needed to go through.

Do you know that most people use Voice Note as if it's "formings"?

When in actually sense, most of them that use it, use it just to get away with their poor writing skills.
You wey get good writing skills can you see how typographical error just embarrassed you. "When in actually sense". Una full of una sef
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ComputerOperato: 10:48am On Apr 25
@op.
God bless you for this topic.
Imagine messaging me for the first time and you are too lazy to type.

I ignore such messages.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Ttipsy(f): 10:50am On Apr 25
Silentgroper:
if you're always on WiFi .. there's nothing you can do about it...
I use Mobil Data sir
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by maasoap(m): 10:54am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!

You understand the situation perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Dougad: 10:55am On Apr 25
happney65:
Some people that can't type in English. It is voice note that helps them. When you see someone sending voice notes every now and then,just know they have a huge problem typing in basic English. grin

I use VN too,but it is very very few times most especially when I'm on the road and I needed to reply your message. I just reply with VN instead of typing

See mumu.

Now, how did you come to that stupid conclusion?
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by maasoap(m): 11:01am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I don't want to even start about the WhatsApp call self, I can only pick WhatsApp call from very few people.

Others you have to take permission so that we schedule a call. Lot of annoying people out there that don't know the meaning of boundary.

WhatsApp call is like normal call, must people waste credit when there is an alternative that can even allow them to talk adequately?
And I don't think anyone you have his or her number stored on your phone is going beyond boundary for giving you WhatsApp call
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Dougad: 11:04am On Apr 25
royalfly:
Av seen a person who tried to make it look its the most woke thing in the world. Am happy there are still people who reason. Voice not has been abused by dull unintelligent people. The person even shouted about me not been able to send a voice when obviously I was not interested in using it.

Someone who types like you has no ground to criticise people making use of voice notes. Your grammar probably irritated the person and they were trying to be nice about it.

Mgbeke feeling funky
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Besuccesful: 11:05am On Apr 25
I have work alongside many white people and I can say they use it along. Maybe blacks don't just understand it usefulness.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by favour32(m): 11:07am On Apr 25
Variety is the spice of life.
If you nor like am, some other person like am.

Complain nor dey finish.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Kemadealadire(f): 11:08am On Apr 25
The normal thing to do is to seek permission to ask if you can leave a voicenote whether to a known person or a stranger. Most Nigerians need to learn a lot of communication etiquettes.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ComeComing: 11:11am On Apr 25
dominique:
I thought it was only me that thing annoys grin

It's not a bad invention, it's the way Nigerians use it that is very annoying.

Morning ma. Pls help me get this thread to fp. Thanks in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/8069067/copywriting-email-writing-no-code
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Proserpina: 11:11am On Apr 25
You people take things too personal in this country and you complain about the unnecessary things. The complaint should be not requesting for permission before dumping vn on someone you are not close to.

Personally I ask if people are free to take calls or listen to VN if I'm not close to them. Even the ones I'm close to I ask sometimes if it's not emergency.
A simple "can I call" or "can I send a VN" will sort all this. You can garnish the request whichever way but ask .

VN isn't bad nah Nigerians no dey respect other people's time and privacy. Some will send 10 minutes VN and give 64 missed calls . The day I sent a 7 minute vn to someone till today he no gree listen and me self don learn grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Oracleee: 11:12am On Apr 25
Whatever rocks your boat. We are all gifted and unique in our different ways. Some folks communicate better by speaking and some will prefer to put their thoughts into words than voice it. VN is a great invention
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by uuzba(m): 11:14am On Apr 25
Caleb15:
Frog voice
#Bullying

grin
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by pingpong1: 11:15am On Apr 25
OP must be one of those who hated whatsapp call. Una too complain.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by uuzba(m): 11:15am On Apr 25
favour32:
Variety is the spice of life.
If you nor like am, some other person like am.

Complain nor dey finish.
Just use it to separate your friends from your enemies.
Block them without remorse.
Your friend will know what you like and message you the way you like.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by izubext007: 11:15am On Apr 25
Not every body can say their mind in writing words
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by uuzba(m): 11:17am On Apr 25
spencekat:
I don't see it as a big deal.I may not listen to the voice note immediately, especially if I am not in a conducive place or don't have an earpiece on me.
I think you can just place the phone to your ear normally and the voice note will sound there.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by LaJoe2: 11:18am On Apr 25
Lie!
Awesome invention.
Not everybody likes to be talking on the phone live.
Others too, like to think before they talk, so they have the opportunity to re-record;
Say what they mean and mean what they say while doing so @ a convenient time and also listening to voicenote responses @ a convenient time.
No come dey disturb me with calls when busy especially when it's not an emergency.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by cigaricon(m): 11:21am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

Are you yourself not selfish and unreasonable? Just because you hate some form of communication doesn't mean others should refrain from using it. And everyone must not choose a particular form of communication just because that's the one you prefer.

WhatsApp call, video, and Voice note are some of the best innovation in WhatsApp. Especially in Nigeria where many people are not too fluent in writing English, voice note comes to the rescue. One can easily send a voice note in place of writing 1000 words, it saves time, energy, and it also saves money too. Additionally, a voice note, can reveal the tone of your message. Many people misunderstood your tone sometimes when you messaged via text, remember we're in Nigeria, most people hear English, but not many really understands the language

It's very obvious you're not in the business world where you have to communicate with clients, business partners and industry people on a regular basis otherwise you won't be typing the trash you wrote up there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / New Handwriting Keyboard From Google For Android / Airtel: Border Closure Affecting Telecom Services; Boko Haram Bombs 282 Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.