Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Throw Back Thursday:the Flower Boy(story) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Throw Back Thursday:the Flower Boy(story) (50 Views)

Throw Back Thursday(tbt). / Todays Lotto Winning Numbers, Thursday Ghana Fortune / Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back Thursday:the Flower Boy(story) by Verbtips(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24
*THE FLOWER BOY
A SHORT STORY*
there was a poor boy who hawked flower on the high way.one day,an old man stopped him and said
"why do you hawk flower on such a busy and dangerous road?"
the boy responded
"my family is poor and can't afford my school expenses
the old man said you are doing it wrong little boy,you take so much risk by runing through the main road.do you know you can get hit by a vehicle?"
the boy wispered
i just need to earn money so i can get back to school.
the old man snapped
but your life is more important than education,so may people did not attend school,but end up becoming great people.
are you going to die because you want to be educated?.now listen if you get hit by a car you are going to die,and if you die there will be no education for you.
do you understand me?"
then the old man added education is not the key to success.don't risk your life for it.the poor boy pondered over the old man words as the watch him walk away,for may days he thought and thought until he vow to him self..
Re: Throw Back Thursday:the Flower Boy(story) by Verbtips(m): 12:00am On Apr 25
...Never to sell follow again.
fifteen years later the poor boy had grown into a young man and was poorer without any source of income.one day he met an old man and pleaded"ecuse me sir can you spare me some change?"
the old man stormed
urgh! Why don't you study to become useful for your self.
the young man reply
my parent are poor and couldn't send me to school,
the old man blurted out
don't blame your parent,so many people worked really hard and risked their lives as kids to pay their school expenses
becus the knew the important of education.
but you did nothing,it is all your fault!.
the young man felt hurt and down casted by the old man words,and even more when he realise he was the same old man he met fifteen years agosad
the end
*please elder in the house what lesson do this short story portray, as a child my reasoning is shallow, i no nothing rather than eating and playing*

(1) (Reply)

Mr Macaroni, Lasisi Elenu, Aproko Doctor And Others Storms The Roundtable Lekki / General Overseer Laments Dropping A Child At He Id / EFCC Taskforce Arrests 34 Suspected Currency Speculator In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.