Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard (26579 Views)

Nigerian Woman Mourns Husband Killed By Kidnappers Despite Ransom Payment (Pix) / Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) / "My Saudi Husband Killed Our 3 Daughters" - Nigerian Woman (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by 4Play(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25
An abusive husband beat his wife to death with their son's skateboard while police outside waited for permission to enter from superiors.

Officers heard 'a number of bangs' inside the house which Olubunmi Abodunde had gone into, despite bail conditions imposed the day before that banned him from the property following another violent episode.

When they finally entered 25 minutes later, they found Taiwo Abodunde, 41, with her 'skull smashed in'.

Abodunde, 48, who had been repeatedly investigated by Suffolk Police about domestic violence, was due to go on trial for murder but changed his plea to guilty yesterday after a jury had been sworn in.

Judge Martyn Levett, sitting at Ipswich Crown Court, warned him the only possible sentence was life imprisonment.

Officers heard 'a number of bangs' inside the house which Olubunmi Abodunde had gone into, despite bail conditions imposed the day before that banned him from the property following another violent episode.

Abodunde had a history of jealousy and suspicion and accused his wife of having affairs. He had been investigated by police a number of times over alleged domestic violence incidents before his wife death.

He was arrested on April 27 last year when police arrived at the couple's home in Newmarket, Suffolk, and found Mrs Abodunde with a split lip.

Later that day he was freed on police bail with a condition that he stayed away from the marital home and didn't approach his wife.

But after working a night shift at Tesco, he went home just after 9am to allegedly pick up his mobile phone.

Two officers arrived at 9.20am to take a statement from Mrs Abodunde about the previous night's incident and heard repeated banging noises inside.

But it wasn't until 9.55am that they forced their way in after getting approval from senior officers and found Mrs Abodunde 'obviously dead' near the front door.

A post-mortem examination later showed she had been throttled until she fell unconscious, then stamped on until her ribs were broken, before her husband used the skateboard to finish her off. The blows were so violent that the skateboard was damaged.

Prosecutor Simon Spence KC told the court the banging officers heard was likely to have been Abodunde continuing to attack his wife after she was unconscious or dead.

During the hearing, the court heard the couple, who had three children, arrived in the UK from Nigeria in 2022.

As well as clashes over the alleged affairs, there were also arguments about bills.

Mrs Abodunde had a job as a care home assistant in Cambridge but her husband, who had trained as a civil engineer, was unable to find work in his profession and took shifts at Tesco and Wickes.

After his arrest for the murder, Abodunde was taken to hospital 'because he appeared to have some sort of mental episode'.

He later claimed in a statement to police he had acted in self-defence, saying: 'My wife has subjected me to physical abuse for a number of years.

'On November 28, we got into an argument. She ran at me with a knife, I grabbed the knife and cut my hand. I was defending myself.'

But the court heard while he did have an injury to his hand, there wasn't a knife near his wife's body.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13349449/Abusive-husband-beat-wife-death-skateboard.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by immortalcrown(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25
Terrible! Sentence him to a lifetime marriage with Jennyclay.

The signs for these problems show during courtship but people fool themselves. Be you a male or a female, don't tolerate in dating what you cannot endure in marriage. Also, don't give a room for pretence during dating. Do all the necessary assessments. Don't deceive yourself in the name of being romantic and peaceful. Don't fool yourself in the name of "I will change him/her". Otherwise, the outburst of your anger and depression in the marriage will be disastrous.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Jeon(f): 2:10pm On Apr 25
I knew it was going to be a Nigerian Man, Women haters.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by DeeNet1: 2:32pm On Apr 25
I pity some men
Fir your project, dissertation, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint etc kindly check my signature and contact me

3 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by 2aces(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25
Oga you, yes you that is planning to japa with your wife and kids, understand that you will need to format your brain settings to default mode before you can live in Yankee with your family, and also check how healthy you and your spouse relate with each other before making any move. Cos the demographics over there, which is completely opposite to what you find here, will 100% influence the character of your spouse when they finally settle in. Eg
1. If you have a lazy spouse that you are managing in naija, when you japa, your body go tell you.
2. If your spouse has a tendency to cheat, japa will be their play ground, so find something hold body.
3. If your spouse is bossy and controlling, expect worse when you japa.
4. If you have a selfish partner, God is your strength.
5. If your partner has a temper, your relationship must break or worse when you japa.

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by muyico(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25
Killer everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by ivolt: 3:09pm On Apr 25
Extreme violence at play just a year after japa.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Manny21: 4:09pm On Apr 25
Cold and heartless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by tiswell(m): 4:10pm On Apr 25
No to domestic violence

Investigation should be thorough as this could be possibly a case of self defense

3 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by inoki247: 4:10pm On Apr 25
As I see skateboard I know say he no fit be Nigeria say na another country he go happen.,..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by TotoIsGud4boy: 4:10pm On Apr 25
Women are the most abusive … it’s just that some weak men don’t know how to handle them that’s why you get news like this

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Chukwuka319(m): 4:11pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
Terrible! Sentence him to a lifetime marriage with Jennyclay.
🤣🤣🤣 She will rend him to shreds like a school of piranhas.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Donaldoni: 4:12pm On Apr 25
Quite unfortunate! angry

This japa thing ehn angry

1 Like

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by yemmywesey(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25
Uk should deport Nigerian couples back to Nigeria, they are all disgracing themselves there.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Kam2021: 4:12pm On Apr 25
I'm sure he had a good job in Nigeria here as a civil engineer mtchww only to go and be jobless leading to frustration. If you have a good job already no need for japa.
Go on vacations abroad and return than going to start afresh in old age
RIP to the woman

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by kerry57: 4:13pm On Apr 25
My humble suggestion is that when marriage turns abusive, either of the couple should just leave to stay alive for humanity sake

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Klington: 4:13pm On Apr 25
cool
Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by tefishy(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25

Till death do us part

1 Like

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by sofeo(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25
Not everyone is normal.

2 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by 4tomandchi: 4:15pm On Apr 25
grin
Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Ikembeku: 4:16pm On Apr 25
Yoruba
Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by NwaliE01: 4:16pm On Apr 25
Somebody's daughter that they gave you to support you.
Nawao..

12 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Indelibleage: 4:16pm On Apr 25
Jesus Christ!
Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Crafteck1: 4:17pm On Apr 25
if the wife said she killed her husband in self defense how many of you will say what you are saying right now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Nonexisting1: 4:17pm On Apr 25
As soon as I read they live in UK and there was suspicion of cheating, I knew the answers I sought. Killing her was extreme but she definitely contributed 59.97% to it. You can't set out to destroy someone who made you who you are without destroying yourself in the end. I pity the children. I hope simps that still plan to relocate abroad with their wives have learnt enough lesson so far.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by obinna58(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25
I no go blame the daughter now if she chooses to become Jennyclay

3 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by 4tomandchi: 4:18pm On Apr 25
Yoruba demons everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by Beverlyjean(f): 4:18pm On Apr 25
Sad
Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by chopnaira: 4:19pm On Apr 25
Police officers outside waited for permission to enter from superiors.

Two officers arrived at 9.20am to take a statement from Mrs Abodunde about the previous night's incident and heard repeated banging noises inside.

But it wasn't until 9.55am that they forced their way in after getting approval from senior officers and found Mrs Abodunde 'obviously dead' near the front door.

American police would have badged in..

UK police sef. The police failed the woman. They waited a whole 30 minutes!

25 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by BitterTruth01: 4:19pm On Apr 25
Probably one of those bloodthirsty APC supporters

3 Likes

Re: Abusive Husband Killed Wife With Skateboard by rajiedreez: 4:19pm On Apr 25
cry It's very very difficult to see your life work slip off your hands but there's still more to live for in this life. He's affected so many lives with his short temper.

If you know you can't forego your investment in a woman, don't do it.

Investing in a woman and having sense of entitlement leads to this type of outcome.

He probably spent all he had to sponsor the family abroad and it turned sour.

Now their kids are orphan. Lock him up and throw the keys away

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Communities, Many Feared Dead / Robbers Attack Union Bank In Ekiti, Two Feared Dead / Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Gutter In Calabar (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.