Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Ulama - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ulama (1184 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ulama by aloyemeka4: 1:04am On Nov 20, 2011
1) Why can't females be members of ulama?. Is it that muslim women are incapable of studying science and theology or because ulama is an islamic cult and women may scare away their mystic powers?. Are muslim men really smarter than the women?. When will this injustice against muslim women stop or are you men waiting for women to carry placards and demand acceptance into the ulama caucus?.

2) Also, why is it that middle eastern muslims consider ulamas from the western world as fake?
Re: Ulama by LagosShia: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2011
aloy@emeka:

1) Why can't females be members of ulama?. Is it that muslim women are incapable of studying science and theology or because ulama is an islamic cult and women may scare away their mystic powers?. Are muslim men really smarter than the women?. When will this injustice against muslim women stop or are you men waiting for women to carry placards and demand acceptance into the ulama caucus?.

2) Also, why is it that middle eastern muslims consider ulamas from the western world as fake?

wrong suppositions again and misleading observation.

there are women who are learned in the Islamic sciences.i have read that somewhere.also,why do you care about women becoming scholars in a religion you like to hate?

also,we do not consider scholars from the west as fake.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
Just leave this woman,She finds joy speaking ill of Islam.
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka4: 1:57am On Nov 21, 2011
uplawal:

Just leave this woman,She finds joy speaking ill of Islam.

Shouldn't you be thanking me because I have the balls to speak to muslim men so they can liberate women like you or do you enjoy living in bondage?. I am working hard to set you FREE.
Re: Ulama by Sweetnecta: 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^ a woman having butterballs dot com? its thanksgiving so anything is possible. its turkey season, anyways.
christians make things up or grow things this time of the year; father christman or santa claus.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Aloyemeka,which balls?very funny,am only advising my brothers to leave you as you have shown from all entreaties that you are an enemy to Allah and his slaves,and such people are destined for hellfire,no doubt.If you dnt know, i was a christian before and now a muslim and i dnt ever regret for once being a muslim, as its a previledge and not my own doing,the only time i remember i was once in that darkness called christianity, i just regret and hate being born in the family of christians,i would have even prefered to be born as an IFA worshippers child than christian child,cos the latter spoke about Islam and how the muslims worship Olorun,Africans were never dubious thats why you could still find Odu Ifa refrencing Islam as that was what was given to us in Africa but we all prefered the white man's lie(Bible),but Christians are so arrogant and wicked that they removed most part of Islam that spoke about the advent of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka4: 1:34am On Nov 22, 2011
uplawal:

@Aloyemeka,which balls?very funny,am only advising my brothers to leave you as you have shown from all entreaties that you are an enemy to Allah and his slaves,and such people are destined for hellfire,no doubt.If you dnt know, i was a christian before and now a muslim and i dnt ever regret for once being a muslim, as its a previledge and not my own doing,the only time i remember i was once in that darkness called christianity, i just regret and hate being born in the family of christians,i would have even prefered to be born as an IFA worshippers child than christian child,cos the latter spoke about Islam and how the muslims worship Olorun,Africans were never dubious thats why you could still find Odu Ifa refrencing Islam as that was what was given to us in Africa but we all prefered the white man's lie(Bible),but Christians are so arrogant and wicked that they removed most part of Islam that spoke about the advent of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).
So muslims are actually a SLAVE to their Allah?. So you still call yourself a slave even when fallible humans can hardly enslave others?. Are you kidding me?. What kind of loving Allah will derive joy in enslaving His children?. That is why I pronounce freedom from Islamic treachery and entrapment upon your life. I keep praying that you will meet Jesus someday and understand what freedom means. How can you proudly claim that you are a slave to your god?.
In case you don't know, I am not a slave to my Jehovah, rather, I am His beloved child and the apple of His ever loving eyes. Muuuah kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, you can't beat the love my daddy in heaven have for me. Come to Jesus and there are many mansions left for you there.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
@aloyemeka, am a slave,and proud to say that anywhere,you can continue your own imaginary father and child story,it suits you.
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka1: 12:21am On Nov 23, 2011
uplawal:

@aloyemeka, am a slave,and proud to say that anywhere,you can continue your own imaginary father and child story,it suits you.

You are proud to be a slave?. Can you give me 5 reasons that should convince me to become a slave?
Re: Ulama by tbaba1234: 1:38am On Nov 23, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Islam gave women scholarship. Our history is filled with women who have dedicated their lives to teaching Islamic sciences. Have you ever heard of Fatimah Sa`d al Khayr? She was a scholar who was born around the year 522. Her father, Sa`d al Khayr, was also a scholar. He held several classes and was “most particular about [his daughters] attending hadith classes, traveling with them extensively and repeatedly to different teachers. He also taught them himself.” Fatimah studied the works of the great al-Tabarani with the lead narrator of his works in her time. You know who that lead narrator was? The lead narrator of Fatimah’s time was not named Abu someone (the father of someone, indicating that he was a male). The leading scholar of her time was a woman. Her name was Fatimah al-Juzadniyyah and she is the scholar who men and women alike would study under because in that era, she was the greatest and most knowledgeable in some of the classical texts. Fatimah Sa`d al Khayr eventually married and moved to Damascus and eventually to Cairo and she continued to teach. Many scholars travelled specifically to her city so they could study under her.

Fatimah was brought up in a family that valued the education and knowledge of a woman to the point that her father was the one who would ensure she studied with scholars from a young age. Before marriage, she was not told to sit around and be inactive in the community out of fear that some men would find an educated woman unattractive or intimidating and would not want to marry her. She was not going through the motions of studying random things in college because she was stalling until she got married. She sought scholarship and Allah (swt) blessed her with a husband who was of her ranking, who understood her qualifications and drive, and who supported her efforts to continue teaching this religion even after marriage. She left a legacy we unfortunately have most likely never heard about because we rarely hear about the over eight thousand female scholars of hadith who are part of our history.

Why do we never hear about Fatimah Sa`d al Khayr and the thousands of female scholars who were like her?

Islamic history is filled with examples of women who were wives and mothers, who focused completely on their tasks of being wives and/or mothers, and produced the likes of Imam Ahmed rahimahu allah (may God have mercy on him).We take those examples as a community and we reiterate the noble status of such incredible women.

But we also have examples of people who were not only wives and not only mothers, but those who were both of those, one of those, or none of those, and still were able to use the passions, talents and skills Allah (swt) blessed them with to worship Him through serving His creation, through calling His creation back to His Deen and leaving legacies for the generations to come. Some of these women were wives and mothers and dedicated their lives to focusing on their families completely and some of them continued to serve the greater society at large.

Shaykh Mohammad Akram Nadwi mentions in his introduction to his Dictionary of women hadith scholars, Al Muhadithaat, “Not one [of the 8000 female hadith scholars he researched] is reported to have considered the domain of family life inferior, or neglected duties therein, or considered being a woman undesirable or inferior to being a man, or considered that, given aptitude and opportunity, she had no duties to the wider society, outside of the domain of family life.”

Female scholars in our history were focused on being family women when they had families to whom they held responsibilities, and when able, they also had goals and objectives in life which extended beyond the roles of wifehood and motherhood. So what about someone who is not yet married? Many single women are using their time to the utmost, focusing on improving their skills and abilities to contribute back to the ummah (community) and society at large. They are loving worshipping Allah (swt) through investing in their abilities and using those for the greater good. Perhaps we can all take from their example.
Re: Ulama by LagosShia: 12:28am On Nov 25, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You are proud to be a slave?. Can you give me 5 reasons that should convince me to become a slave?

madam,

you first need to understand the context when a muslim refers to himself as a slave in comparison to Allah.likewise when we say Allah is the king of all kings.this goes to show the greatness of Allah.secondly it demonstrates our humility,loyalty and submission to Allah who really deserves it more than any human master or leader.it is not like Allah does not have kind and merciful attributes even better than our mothers do for us.it is simply that we want to respect Him alot and honor him to the most extent imaginable.

indeed,i do not bow my head for anyone or to anyone but to Allah (swt) alone.He is the greatest.we do not also worship any human.

now talk about yourself and stop the hating.

worshipping fellow man is the worse form of slavery with humiliation and that is exactly what you do by accepting Jesus as god and your so called "lord and saviour".
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka1: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
LagosShia:

madam,

you first need to understand the context when a muslim refers to himself as a slave in comparison to Allah.likewise when we say Allah is the king of all kings.this goes to show the greatness of Allah.secondly it demonstrates our humility,loyalty and submission to Allah who really deserves it more than any human master or leader.it is not like Allah does not have kind and merciful attributes even better than our mothers do for us.it is simply that we want to respect Him alot and honor him to the most extent imaginable.

indeed,i do not bow my head for anyone or to anyone but to Allah (swt) alone.He is the greatest.we do not also worship any human.

now talk about yourself and stop the hating.

worshipping fellow man is the worse form of slavery with humiliation and that is exactly what you do by accepting Jesus as god and your so called "lord and saviour".

Apparently your Allah is not the same as my Jehovah because he takes pleasure in keeping slaves and you really don't need to DEMONSTRATE your humility unless you are a mere hypocrite. Allah should be able to know your humble intents from your hearts and not by behavior and wearing hijab. Jehovah regards us as His children and last time I checked, the children of the king of kings are referred to as princes and princesses and not slaves. Any god like your Allah who keeps slaves must be barbaric and is not worthy of my worship. You may continue living your life in slavery while I live FREE because my father in heaven owns the world.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thanks Lagosshia,am just seeing her post,not been on nairaland somedays now,she was called a slave even the bible,would show her proof,so she could shut up her mouth.
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka1: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
uplawal:

Thanks Lagosshia,am just seeing her post,not been on nairaland somedays now,she was called a slave even the bible,would show her proof,so she could shut up her mouth.

Show me where the bible called me slave?
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
@Aloyemeka the ignorant woman who derive joy in badmouthing Islam,why not check your bible with medicated glasses in Romans6:16 Do you not know if you keep presenting yourselves to anyone as slaves to obey him,you are slaves of him because you obey him,either of sin with death in view or of obedience with righteousness in view.Verse 22 says, However,now,because you(ALOYEMEKA and other ignorant Christians that claimed to be sons and daughters of Jesus their god) were set free from sin,but became slaves to God,you are having your fruit in the way of holiness and the everlasting life.

HOPE THIS WILL MAKE YOU HAVE A RETHINK ABOUT ACCEPTING ISLAM THE TRUE RELIGION OF ABRAHAM DOWN TO JESUS,AND COMPLETED BY PROPHET MUHAMMAD?OR YOU DNT OUT OF HATRED,ARROGANCE.
Re: Ulama by LagosShia: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
uplawal:

you are very welcome my dear sister.

i hope you will attend Ashura lectures to commemorate Imam Hussain's (as) matyrdom this year?

i think you guys are fortunate in London to have many (shia) Islamic centers with eloquent scholars who are fluent in english as well.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2011
yes on Alulbayte tv,jazakallahu khairan.have you seen where that ignorant Aloyemeka was called a slave of God in the bible, have not seen her defended that,imagine?
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka1: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Aloyemeka the ignorant woman who derive joy in badmouthing Islam,why not check your bible with medicated glasses in Romans6:16 Do you not know if you keep presenting yourselves to anyone as slaves to obey him,you are slaves of him because you obey him,either of sin with death in view or of obedience with righteousness in view.Verse 22 says, However,now,because you(ALOYEMEKA and other ignorant Christians that claimed to be sons and daughters of Jesus their god) were set free from sin,but became slaves to God,you are having your fruit in the way of holiness and the everlasting life.

HOPE  THIS WILL MAKE YOU HAVE A RETHINK ABOUT ACCEPTING ISLAM THE TRUE RELIGION OF ABRAHAM DOWN TO JESUS,AND COMPLETED BY PROPHET MUHAMMAD?OR YOU DNT OUT OF HATRED,ARROGANCE.

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.-Romans 6:16-18

Please tell me how this quote translates to me being a slave of Allah?. It is either you are daft or you don't understand English very well. The slavery in this context is parallel to your own form of slavery to Allah. Try again.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
See this woman in her madness as usual,what does your hausa or Arabic christians call God?And what does English people refer God to be,dnt tell me your chicken brain does not know Allah=God.

DISLPAYING YOUR IGNORANCE and DECEIT as usual.
Re: Ulama by LagosShia: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
uplawal:

yes on Alulbayte tv,jazakallahu khairan.have you seen where that ignorant Aloyemeka was called a slave of God in the bible, have not seen her defended that,imagine?

Alhamdulillah.Ahlul-Bayt TV is really inspiring.i guess you can also attend the majalis yourself and feel the spirit of Muharram.and even if you miss out on the first 9 days,try your best to make sure you attend on the 10th day,since it is the day Imam Hussain (as) was matyred.here is a link with a map if you'd like to attend a "majlis Ashura" in London:

http://www.aimislam.com/2011/11/15/muharram-2011-in-london

and here is the homepage of the Ahlul-Bayt Islamic Mission:

http://www.aimislam.com/#

as for that "aloy" woman,i think most people simply ignore her.people like "aloy" dont know the difference between God and their fathers who pregnanted their mothers.they dont know that they are just slaves/servants of God.too bad!

you can also take a look at the thread i started recently titled:
"Can God Have A Son"-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811919.0.html
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 02, 2011
Jazakallahu Khair
Re: Ulama by aloyemeka1: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2011
uplawal:

See this woman in her madness as usual,what does your hausa or Arabic christians call God?And what does English people refer God to be,dnt tell me your chicken brain does not know Allah=God.

DISLPAYING YOUR IGNORANCE and DECEIT as usual.
Allah is not equal to God. get your facts right please and stop insulting my Jehovah by equating him to your god of moon and stars also known as allah.
Re: Ulama by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 25, 2011
Yes, no doubt,He is the God of the moon,stars,humans,animals,etc.
Re: Ulama by Sweetnecta: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2011
@Aloy/Emeka: Below is your life as a double duty slave; One to Jesus and then Jesus as slave of God; Though it is through Paul you believe in disbelief: 1 Corinthians 3:5 What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.

The apostles called themselves SLAVES of JESUS CHRIST. Romans 1:1 "From Paul, a bond SLAVE of JESUS CHRIST (the Messiah), " 2 Peter 1:1", a SLAVE and apostle of JESUS CHRIST, ". James 1:1 ", a SLAVE of God and of the Lord JESUS CHRIST, ".

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus” (Acts 3:13).

Now look up for yourself the definition of the word "SLAVE" according to Smith's Bible Dictionary. This will allow you to understand what this word meant to the disciples.

New Living Translation (©2007) Titus1;1
This letter is from Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. I have been sent to proclaim faith to those God has chosen and to teach them to know the truth that shows them how to live godly lives.

Don't serve God, serve Jesus, instead [see below]
John 12:26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

See, servant/slave is not as great as his master [the reason Jesus was unable to do nothing of his own power]:
John 13:16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

www.islamreligion.com › Articles › Comparative Religion › Jesus

. . . Investigating the manuscripts that make up the New Testament, one finds that the alleged “sonship” of Jesus is based upon the mistranslation of two Greek words—pais and huios, both of which are translated as “son.” However, this translation appears disingenuous. The Greek word pais derives from the Hebrew ebed, which bears the primary meaning of servant, or slave. . .

…” Whether a person reads the King James Version, New King James Version, New Revised Standard Version, or New International Version, the word is “servant” in all cases. Considering that the purpose of revelation is to make the truth of God clear, one might think this passage an unsightly mole on the face of the doctrine of divine sonship. After all, what better place for God to have declared Jesus His son? What better place to have said, “Behold, My son whom I have begotten …”? But He didn’t say that. For that matter, the doctrine lacks biblical support in the recorded words of both Jesus and God, and there is good reason to wonder why. Unless, that is, Jesus was nothing more than the servant of God this passage describes.

Regarding the religious use of the word ebed, “The term serves as an expression of humility used by the righteous before God.”[2]. . .

. . .Whereas pais has been translated “servant” in reference to David (Acts 4:25 and Luke 1:69) and Israel (Luke 1:54), it is translated “Son” or “holy child” in reference to Jesus (Acts 3:13; 3:26; 4:27; 4:30). Such preferential treatment is canonically consistent, but logically flawed.

Lastly an interesting, if not key, religious parallel is uncovered: “Thus the Greek phrase pais tou theou, ‘servant of God,’ has exactly the same connotation as the Muslim name Abdallah—the ‘servant of Allah.’”[5]

The symmetry is all the more shocking, for the Holy Qur’an relates Jesus as having identified himself as just this—Abdallah (abd being Arabic for slave or servant, Abd-Allah [also spelled “Abdullah”] meaning slave or servant of Allah). According to the story, when Mary returned to her family with the newborn Jesus, they accused her of being unchaste. Speaking from the cradle in a miracle that gave credence to his claims, baby Jesus defended his mother’s virtue with the words, “Inni Abdullah …” which means, “I am indeed a servant of Allah …” (TMQ 19:30. . . [read to the end and see how you have missed the road]

www.openbible.info/topics/being_a_servant

about prophets: Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

prophets can fight, too, avenging on behalf of God: Romans 13:4

English Standard Version (ESV)
4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Re: Ulama by ivoice247: 1:55am On Dec 30, 2011
So muslims are actually a SLAVE to their Allah?. So you still call yourself a slave even when fallible humans can hardly enslave others?. Are you kidding me?. What kind of loving Allah will derive joy in enslaving His children?. That is why I pronounce freedom from Islamic  treachery and  entrapment upon your life. I keep praying that you will meet Jesus someday and understand what freedom means. How can you proudly claim that you are a slave to your god?.
In case you don't know, I am not a slave to my  Jehovah, rather, I am His beloved child and the apple of His ever loving eyes. Muuuah       , you can't beat the love my daddy in heaven have for me. Come to Jesus and there are many mansions left for you there.

according to the bible - you're a child of God but according to the Quran - all mankind are slave of Allah.
I agree with the Quran because that is why God has created Heaven and Hell Fire so as to put his disobedient servants/slaves. Of course you can't tell me that he wants to put his children in hell-fire. (For God has no children)
Re: Ulama by ivoice247: 2:17am On Dec 30, 2011

@aloyemeka, hahahaha, you're already a slave of God, you don't have a say in the matter whether to become one or not, that's what makes all mankind slaves in the first place.
According to the wikipedia dictionary:- A Slave is a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant. 2. a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person:
And a child is a young person of either sex. esp. one between infancy and youth (so how do you relate yourself as a child of God, unless you now say you are a son of GOD, oops!)
Re: Ulama by ivoice247: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2011
Quote from: uplawal on November 28, 2011, 08:47 PM

Show me where the bible called me slave?

@aloyemeka, For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave. (1Corinthians 7:22)
Re: Ulama by ivoice247: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2011

So muslims are actually a SLAVE to their Allah?. So you still call yourself a slave even when fallible humans can hardly enslave others?. Are you kidding me?. What kind of loving Allah will derive joy in enslaving His children?. That is why I pronounce freedom from Islamic treachery and entrapment upon your life. I keep praying that you will meet Jesus someday and understand what freedom means. How can you proudly claim that you are a slave to your god?.
In case you don't know, I am not a slave to my Jehovah, rather, I am His beloved child and the apple of His ever loving eyes. Muuuah , you can't beat the love my daddy in heaven have for me. Come to Jesus and there are many mansions left for you there.

But the bible also calls you christ's slave:-

1 Corinthians 7:22
For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave.

(1) (Reply)

The Miracle Of Tawaf And Zamzam In Makkah / Hollywood Girl Converted To Islam / Observing The Fasting Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.