Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

In Another Man's Land (nysc Story)) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / In Another Man's Land (nysc Story)) (144 Views)

NYSC Story Telling / A True Life Story Of A Nairalander Serving His Father's Land.(nysc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Another Man's Land (nysc Story)) by OluwabukolaRuth(f): 12:56pm On Apr 26
IN ANOTHER MAN'S LAND

White chalk residue still on my hands, I return home, tired from my class teacher job. I had beaten those troublesome pupils with my last ounce of energy. I try to get two hours of sleep. Evangelism is by 4 pm. I've not had any experience of that in this highly spiritual place. This could be the first physical faceoff to a dark spiritual power in a human being.

"Family houuuuuuse!" I heard the annoying jingle jangle of the tambourine from my sleep. It was time for evangelism. The NCCF family house was my home in Benue State. In the mornings, I went to a school to teach almost a hundred pupils in a cramped class and returned there to lay my head. I worked like an elephant but got thrown peanuts every month. The boss usually frowned as he handed over what they felt was just for the two-man job a person did. I was a corper anyway.

Tired, I dressed up for the brief and we dispersed in twos, our hearts beating fast in anticipation of the uncertainty of the next hour. My partner, Gideon was from my platoon in the Wannune camp. It was a land of parades, and beagles, and hopes of relocating to another state had people on their wit’s end. To pass the time, we had conversations that made us feel a little more than soldiers’ puppets. We talked about religion, trusting in God and obeying him for something you weren’t sure about. From the tight schedule of the camp, these were discussions that could only happen while watching football or volleyball matches between the platoons in the evenings.

Continue Reading here: https://heartychristianstories.com/in-another-mans-land/

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Effective Strategies Of Thriving In Affiliate Marketing / Nysc Dg End Of The Year Message / Nysc Inaugurates 13-man President's Honours Award Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.